U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 01:27 PM

8,224 posts, read 6,554,894 times

Advertisements

Just tell her your reasons, the "why" you don't feel like having them at this moment in time.

If she doesn't understand or doesn't want to be understanding out of her own reasoning their is nothing you can do for her or your realtionship
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 01:27 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Is this the same girlfriend that you don't trust and have jealousy issues about her past (per your thread history)?
That was my thought.

Given all your posts about the instability of this person and this relationship, marriage and kids should be the furthest thing from anybody's radar.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:30 PM

4,380 posts, read 3,429,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
People mail order brides, ..... Just because it happens, and occasionally works, doesn't mean it is sane or advisable.
Man, and here I was going to order me up a husband today on my lunch break.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:34 PM

321 posts, read 150,136 times
So my girlfriend...had sex with a few dudes years ago after her divorce (including my cousin). You know women when they divorce they **** a bunch of guys, just "casual"... now is ready for "settle down" marriage and kids? Does she thinks I'm stupid? No!

Old 04-01-2016, 01:36 PM

8,224 posts, read 6,554,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuason77 View Post
So my girlfriend...had sex with a few dudes years ago after her divorce (including my cousin). You know women when they divorce they **** a bunch of guys, just "casual"... now is ready for "settle down" marriage and kids? Does she thinks I'm stupid? No!
Why are you with her if she isn't right for you?
You won't change who she is just becuase you want her to be different.

Wanting to settle down and find a person to do so with is a different thing than what you are insinuating she is doing and "who she is"

Old 04-01-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
My best friend met, moved in and married her husband all within 8 months, at the age of 38. Just because it's not something you would do or see in your circle, does not mean it doesn't happen in other circles.
Snort. We got engaged about eight months after we met, which is also the same week I moved in (though I didn't know he was planning on m proposing at that point, even though we'd discussed marriage already). I was 36, he was a few weeks shy of 41.

It wasn't the impetuous move of two kids who'd never been around the block, it was two adults with plenty of long-term relationship experience under their belts , knowing what they did and didn't want and proceeding accordingly.

In the case of the OP, I don't think it's the duration of the relationship that's the issue. It's the quality of it that's of concern, given posting history.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:37 PM

8,696 posts, read 7,773,462 times
Quote:
And it's not stupid to stick around fighting with someone you think so lowly of and aren't compatible with?????

Old 04-01-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Why are you even with her?

You clearly have nothing but contempt for her (and evidently divorced women/women in general).

Old 04-01-2016, 01:38 PM

32,716 posts, read 22,676,881 times
Quote:

She might not, but I'm kind of thinking you might be if you continue in this relationship and keep posting about it. Or like, a little off or something.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:39 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,092,415 times
Quote:
Folks, that's what i think is happening. This age I don't trust women, women aren't trustworthy...that's the truth. She might have a back-up plan, a guy that would marry her and have kids. So she's wondering and asking me "If he doesn't want to marry me and give me babies, i'll marry my back-up plan"!
With a mindset like that, you're not fit to date any woman.

"Women aren't trustworthy...that's the truth"???? I wouldn't go near a man with an attitude like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or