Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 12:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That calculator isn't worth much. If you enter someone's full name, then do the calc again using their nickname or shortened form of the name, you get two radically different scores. Kind of silly.
I think the whole point of it was to be silly. I mean, I don't think that anyone actually believes it's doing something real! I don't think it was trying to be serious.

As far as the OP - who knows and who cares? When I was in college, some of my friends in my dorm thought I was a virgin. They were shocked when we played a game of "I never." It was very funny. I was kind of shy, small, and looked young. I don't think you need to read a whole lot into this. It also doesn't really matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 01:05 PM

3 posts, read 2,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Your last sentence is probably spot on and I think you've answered your own question

Apart from the question in the thread are you actually comfortable within yourself? Or are you looking to change a few things about yourself?

The reason I ask is if you are comfortable and happy about yourself then don't change and especially don't let a silly thing like the title of this thread sway you
I hate myself about 70%, but that's another topic...

Old 04-02-2016, 01:10 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
Maybe they see you as their sister.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:15 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EleanorGrace View Post
I hate myself about 70%, but that's another topic...
Ok I'm sorry to hear that of course but I won't press and leave it at that

Again i apologise for going off topic previously and I really do hope things improve for you Eleanor

Ps I don't know if you have noticed as you are a new member but there are a tonne of sub forums on city data that I'm sure if needed you can get some great advice and information on how to improve your confidence, self esteem or anything that you feel you would like help with.

For the record you seem a very bright and nice girl so I'm sure you'll be fine

Old 04-02-2016, 01:19 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Maybe they're looking for a virgin. Just grimace a little and say ow! They'll never know the difference.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:02 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EleanorGrace View Post
In addition to everything you guys described, I think I come off as a goody two-shoes. People in high school wouldn't ever do stuff around me (like pot or whatever) even though I didn't have a reputation for "tattling".I feel like this exclusion has carried on into my college years, for reasons unknown to me.

I remember my friend from school said I "dress like a nun", that's probably part of the issue, but I feel majorly uncomfortable in shorter skirts or even sleeves outside the house, even in summer.
You know yourself better than any of us do, and I think you're onto something here. Obviously, if someone doesn't know you that well they will make assumptions (which may be incorrect) based on your appearance & how you act/carry yourself.

That's just the way it is, and not just in this case - people are always making initial assumptions about others based on their appearance - no matter how unfair that may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You have a tight"V".
Yeah, sometimes that might mean a woman has never had sex. You may not be able to tell by eye-balling the "V", but you can usually tell when doing other things...

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 04-02-2016 at 03:16 PM..

Old 04-02-2016, 03:22 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
You are letting men you barely know make comments on your sexual experience?

Old 04-02-2016, 08:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post

Yeah, sometimes that might mean a woman has never had sex. You may not be able to tell by eye-balling the "V", but you can usually tell when doing other things...
Oh yeah?

Old 04-02-2016, 08:50 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,788 times
Some women just seem especially chaste, based on behavior, clothing, a plain appearance, and some sort of vibe we send out. I have been told I have this quality as well. Even after you marry and have children (and even grandchildren), people will probably continue to see you this way, even though they will obviously not think you are a virgin. It's not a bad thing at all; most men will treat you with respect, and you will seldom if ever be subjected to inappropriate advances. Learn to appreciate it.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:41 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
I don't understand why some guys do that either.

I just brush it off as them projecting their desires onto me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships