U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 05:56 PM

1,344 posts, read 583,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Exactly. Men put up with high-maintenance women because they believe they deserve a trophy. When the trophy turns out to be too expensive, or has a difficult personality, or demands too much expenditure, they complain bitterly, without realizing that's pretty much the package they chose. Not all trophy types have personality issues, but if a guy keeps running into that time and again, he should re-examine his priorities, not write off an entire gender, as many tend to do.
Some truth to that, go to any club and 40% of the girls there are gonna be attractive, 20% will be hott and of that 20% maybe 1% won the DNA lottery and roll out of bed in the morning that hott, the rest have to put in some work to look that way so yes, if a guy want's a girl that looks like that there are gonna be things he will have to put up with most of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 06:16 PM

15,672 posts, read 7,707,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
You're interpreting what I said as a blanket statement. Its not. Thus the terms "sometimes" and " can".
Stunning looks aren't the only factor in someone having the attitude I described. Social status, upbringing and a host of other traits a involved. General lifestyle is a contributing factor, and I've seen that shape personality in varying ways.

To shore up what you've said , here in hour reply, I do know an absolutely stunning woman, who I became friends with via our boys, who raced motorcycles together and were as inseparable as Tonto and the Lone Ranger. She was pretty much a "trophy wife" of a successful local attorney, who was known as a bit of a player. A more than competent attorney herself, she often became ...disillusioned...with the "higher society" life, hobnobbing with highly placed people in the community, playing the role , as itt were. The simple things, taking our boys to the practice track, or even fishing at the bass pond and such, were her escapes. Hanging out with me was a 180 flip from her regular life.

She limed throwing on some beat up jeans, pulling her hair into a pony and slapping on a ball cap. She was certainly not all diamonds and evening wear. I was her doorway to simple things. A scarred up working stiff of a country boy, far removed from any upper society. Truthfully, even in faded jeans a t shirt and ball cap, she was still a gorgeous lady. Lol, more so in such raiment to a guy like me. Despite the simplicity of our interactions, things ended up kinda complicated. I'll refrain from being descriptive, but, your post covers a lot. On the flip side of my other post, sometimes stunning, higher placed women, cannot be sized up by those factors. Looks and a swank lifestyle can be a prison for them. Under the qlitz, is a totally unexpected person.

Others are conceited, aloof, and disdainful of more common people, some are far from it. When circumstances allow you to get a look inside the latter type, it can put some perspective on things. Perhaps this type of woman is a rarer breed, but I can't say with any certainty what the percentage might be. This was my sole experience with such a person. But, the insight gained leads me to believe there are as many like her as the polar opposite. It was not my intention to stereotype, though I understand d how it could have been taken thus. My bad, I reckon.
Pardon the delay ( works a killer )......

I knew what you were getting at mate and didn't misinterpret it, I apologise for my post in not wording it better and not making it clearer and making you think you were making a blanket statement and so forth

It was a good point you made that I thought I could contribute on and mainly from my experience and yes your post is a great insight into your past LOL! ( she does sound a handful ).

We both know that high maintenance is as subjective as it comes when discussing women and LOL I'm sure we blokes are even higher maintenance for the poor ladies!!! And could talk/debate about that one til doomsday LMAO!!. But I think the majestic Jerz nailed it with her post on it .

Further your observations about that Lady ... I'm as working class as they come but being brought up and currently living in central London means that the sophisticated,elegant upper class ladies are a stones throw away from me and have mingled a good few times......... And like you said they can and do lead a slightly lavished lifestyle compared to ours BUT it doesn't mean they are happy and I've actually found it to be quite true so you are spot on ( I know not everyone but a few that I've encountered ).

Now yes a few times I've felt like a fish out of water as they still move in " their circles ", however I've actually found them to be less high maintenance than quite a few " common " women that I've dated would you believe?. I think it's more that they enjoyed a break from their normal lives whilst seeing me if you know what I mean and they really could let their hair down and just enjoy themselves without being on ceremony. But of course I loved a change from my normal life so.......... LOL.

But again I apologise if you thought I was having ago at you mate or being combative

Old 04-04-2016, 06:42 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,914,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Pardon the delay ( works a killer )......

I knew what you were getting at mate and didn't misinterpret it, I apologise for my post in not wording it better and not making it clearer and making you think you were making a blanket statement and so forth

It was a good point you made that I thought I could contribute on and mainly from my experience and yes your post is a great insight into your past LOL! ( she does sound a handful ).

We both know that high maintenance is as subjective as it comes when discussing women and LOL I'm sure we blokes are even higher maintenance for the poor ladies!!! And could talk/debate about that one til doomsday LMAO!!. But I think the majestic Jerz nailed it with her post on it .

Further your observations about that Lady ... I'm as working class as they come but being brought up and currently living in central London means that the sophisticated,elegant upper class ladies are a stones throw away from me and have mingled a good few times......... And like you said they can and do lead a slightly lavished lifestyle compared to ours BUT it doesn't mean they are happy and I've actually found it to be quite true so you are spot on ( I know not everyone but a few that I've encountered ).

Now yes a few times I've felt like a fish out of water as they still move in " their circles ", however I've actually found them to be less high maintenance than quite a few " common " women that I've dated would you believe?. I think it's more that they enjoyed a break from their normal lives whilst seeing me if you know what I mean and they really could let their hair down and just enjoy themselves without being on ceremony. But of course I loved a change from my normal life so.......... LOL.

But again I apologise if you thought I was having ago at you mate or being combative
Oh no. I didn't see combativeness. Just figured I needed to clarify things as well. There was no anger being directed back at you. Just needed to let you know we're actually on the same page in the same book.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:45 PM

15,672 posts, read 7,707,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh no. I didn't see combativeness. Just figured I needed to clarify things as well. There was no anger being directed back at you. Just needed to let you know we're actually on the same page in the same book.
I wasn't sold on it but much rather make sure mate

Good to meet you!!!!! LMAO!

Old 04-04-2016, 07:25 PM

7,973 posts, read 6,728,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
high maintenance to me isn't about how hard THEY work on themselves, its how hard THEY expect YOU to work to GET and to KEEP them

phhhtttt

lots of fish in the sea, too many to waste time on the high maintenance ones
Well said.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:44 PM

404 posts, read 248,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
The thread IS about why MEN stay with high maintenance women.

Always gotta be about you guys huh.
Apparently so, I can see that the skills of reading comprehension are severely lacking in some cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Personally, its no different than a guy who spends a lot of time and money at the gym building a physique strictly to attract women.

I don't know, folks....but I find it really simplistic- stop dating people you're not happy/compatible with. And seriously.....there's no reason to even biitch about it.
I wasn't bitching about it..I just saw what I saw and I had an idea, wanted to know the answer. I got it back on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Yeah - I agree.
Why are you still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
high maintenance to me isn't about how hard THEY work on themselves, its how hard THEY expect YOU to work to GET and to KEEP them

phhhtttt

lots of fish in the sea, too many to waste time on the high maintenance ones
Thank you! This is EXACTLY what I was referring to, nothing about making someone stop doing what they are doing, or not paying enough attention to the other person. None of that mess, just this...straight up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Amen brother! I had all this and the fact she was bipolar and had to be the center of attention at all times too. NO THANKS. I have had some smoking hot girlfriends but never had one who was a b***h before. I finally woke up one day and decided it was just not worth it, there are too many nice low maint women out there.
Congratulations man! I am the same way and these same people will complain about how they want someone "mature" but then will go and throw fits like a child. Thanks but no thanks. If a woman can ask for a man and not a boy, more power to them, but I have the right to be with a woman and not a spoiled little girl that throws fits. Those that disagree, disagree because they have the same mind set and mentality.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:50 PM

25,415 posts, read 24,177,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
Apparently so, I can see that the skills of reading comprehension are severely lacking in some cases.
Well...this, or...some people have actual conversation skills and know how to add dimension to and flesh out a basic idea by adding their own perspective, which will, by definition, have at least one and sometimes more difference(s) from the exact opening idea.

One or the other, anyway...

Old 04-04-2016, 08:59 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,914,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I wasn't sold on it but much rather make sure mate

Good to meet you!!!!! LMAO!
Ideed, and likewise. Funny story about that lady I mentioned. We were all out at the lake one day, she and I with our SOs and all the kids. Her youngest was out in the water, fishing, or trying to. (We were knocking them dead that day) and he lost a cast behind him and into a sunken tree. I waded out into the muddy water, and was trying to untangle his line. Easier said than done ha. Anyway, I turned around, and here she was, slovging through the water, coming out to help me. The consternation on her husbands face was priceless. Lmao. Set my now ex back a couple steps as well. She dove right in with me, walleing around in the muck, tracking the kids line. She was wearing white too. We got the lure back, both of us covered in muck,. Her husband was just flumoxed. His elegant trophy wife, covered in mud, and loving it. I'll never forget that. It was hilarious.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:18 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,095,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
The thread IS about why MEN stay with high maintenance women.

Always gotta be about you guys huh.
Lol.

I'll take "Clueless" for $1000, Alex!

Old 04-04-2016, 09:27 PM

21,199 posts, read 20,129,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post

Why are you still here?

Um... Because you posted this on a public forum and I find the topic interesting? Are you banning me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or