Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 02:45 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,947 times

Advertisements

As I mentioned here before, back when i first got divorced and did not know how to read the signs as to avoid it, many of the women I met would turn out to be married(then i stop seeing them cause I want my own wife not someone elses). Well this came up by accident during my last group therapy. We did an exercise where we took our past relationships and listed the best and worst qualities of them. Well one of the things that popped up among most of us, male and female was the partners that had the most positive attributes were the ones with one HUGE negative one. They were married.
Now the reason I made this post gender specific was because the reasoning was the opposite along gender lines. While the women in the group thought these were the perfect guys because they were more romantic, kinder, AND they did not try to monopolize all their free time allowing them their space, and their ONLY complaint was the guy turned out to be married(except for 3 who only dated married men). While us guys had the opposite The married women tended to be more attractive than what they normally attracted, They spent more time with them hanging out, having sex etc etc, weren't expecting to be wined and dinned. In fact those women would often offer to pay for dates.
All making it hurt worse when it's discovered that they are married(except the one guy who targets married women..what a jerk).
But what I can't wrap my head around is how the h311 do married women have more time for a relationship than single unattached women? to me this is backwards. A girlfriend should have WAAAYY more time for you(if she is not cheating), but between work, hanging out with friends, family ETC etc etc... I always feel like I'm being penciled in...
Now it's true that most of the women I found out were married had husbands who had jobs them took them out of town a lot like truck driving, sales, oil/gas rig workers, military etc etc, but you would think that a single woman would still have more free time.
Just curious, why do you guys think this is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 11:56 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
All a matter of choice.

Single women & men of today are not the same as they used to be.

Different priorities. Different expectations. Perhaps too many options. Yada yada yada...

Pretty sad that even with all the dating apps, meetup groups and other stuff out there that people are still lonely and have a hard time finding love.

We put more effort into walking our pets then we do in going out and pursing meaningful relationships.

Social programming is mostly to blame.

Singles as well. We are a selfish bunch.

Last edited by usamathman; 04-04-2016 at 01:00 AM..

Old 04-04-2016, 06:20 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
You make time for the things you love.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:26 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
When one wants to cheat, that person will find/make time, and this isn't gender specific.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:59 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Anyone who has been single for awhile is used to not having to answer to anyone, account for our whereabouts, justify to anyone how and where we spend our money. There's a lot of freedom with being single and that most definitely includes how we spend our time.

We come home at the end of the day to an empty house. So we find ways to fill our time so we don't have to spend as much time alone at home, unless we choose to. But trust me, if someone we were truly interested in came along, we'd make the time for them.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:43 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Anyone who has been single for awhile is used to not having to answer to anyone, account for our whereabouts, justify to anyone how and where we spend our money. There's a lot of freedom with being single and that most definitely includes how we spend our time.

We come home at the end of the day to an empty house. So we find ways to fill our time so we don't have to spend as much time alone at home, unless we choose to. But trust me, if someone we were truly interested in came along, we'd make the time for them.
Oh man... The good old single days!

What I wouldn't do for just a week without tabs. Lol.

There was a married guy who left for a 3 day weekend away from home.

He took his whole paycheck and spent everything!

Upon returning home his wife said, Where have you been?!"

He proceeded to explain his reason for leaving.

She snarled, "How would you like it if you didn't see me for three days?!"

He kinda shrugged his shoulders and said, "That would be ok."

The first day he didn't see her.
The second day he didn't see her.

On the third day the swelling went down in his left eye and could see her again.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:26 PM

1,185 posts, read 804,405 times
I remember some years ago when I was getting a lot more married woman than single and for starters I didn't know they were married because they were listed as single and they wouldn't say anything until you find out. Generally the ones I got were going more for the nice car and nice house. They wanted to upgrade when I confronted them. It was alarming the amount of married women on dating sites posing as single.

Men do it too sometimes more often.

Never touch someone else's wife/husband no matter how much you want to.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:30 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
It was alarming the amount of married women on dating sites posing as single.
Men do it too sometimes more often.
My local news channel has a trivia question every morning. A few years ago, one of the questions was "what do 1/3 of ALL online daters have in common?" and the answer was "they're married." I'd be curious to know what those numbers are now.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:15 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
I don't pay attention to married people; As a matter of fact, I don't pay attention to anybody.

If folks want to cheat and mess around on their partners....that's on them. I don't really care, I will never be involved with them.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:27 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
It's inevitable that water
seeks it's own level...

Cheating is rampant these days;
The married women I knew who were
cheating were finally busted (yay!)

I detest cheating sleazy behavior

As for the question-
Single women aren't desperate to
prove they're still attractive,
like many married women are......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships