Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 09:06 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If she had a child in marriage, and the husband died or the husband went AWOL, she at least attempted to do what was right. I'm specifically speaking about the women who never got married and had children anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Seriously. I dated a woman that went the in vitro route in mid 30s because she new she wanted to have kids. Loads of guys offered, but she wanted to do it on her own, free of legal entanglements and otherwise.
I had a co-worker who always wanted to be a mom. By her early 40's, never married, she got tired of waiting for a man to come along and adopted a baby boy.

Not all single moms are promiscuous whores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
The flaw in such "data" is that they consider all singles, instead of just single-and-looking. A man might hypothetically be surrounded by enormous throngs of single women, but if they're entirely content with being single, the ratio isn't in his favor.
It also doesn't take into account sexual orientation. If you live in an area with a large gay population (as I do), these numbers don't matter if you don't have the right plumbing.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:14 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I had a co-worker who always wanted to be a mom. By her early 40's, never married, she got tired of waiting for a man to come along and adopted a baby boy.

Not all single moms are promiscuous whores.
I know not all single moms are promiscuous. I specified the case in while husband dies or goes AWOL, divorce,etc. I am specifically speaking in terms of the women who got pregnant by some no good man, never got married at all, and then repeated that same behavior.

As for being a mother in one's 40s, if it came down to it, adoption is an option
I'm not ready for kids right now, hence I tend to avoid dating women who have children. I also require a woman with the same values as me. My values on marriage and family are this: Wait until marriage to have children, waut until marriage to have sex. Those are values I live by, and if I make any attempts to find a woman to be my girlfriend, I want her to have those same values.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I also require a woman with the same values as me. My values on marriage and family are this: Wait until marriage to have children, waut until marriage to have sex. Those are values I live by, and if I make any attempts to find a woman to be my girlfriend, I want her to have those same values.
Fair enough, but at 30 that's going to be a lot harder for you to find regardless of where you live than it would have been at 20.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Fair enough, but at 30 that's going to be a lot harder for you to find regardless of where you live than it would have been at 20.
I know it will be more difficult at my age. I have admitted this. I have wondered what role being in the Atlanta area might play.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:40 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
I know it will be more difficult at my age. I have admitted this. I have wondered what role being in the Atlanta area might play.
Late 20s or 30s virgin ladies are rare everywhere, even Utah, the data is overwhelming on this.

If you're open to "born again virgins" well, that's different.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Late 20s or 30s virgin ladies are rare everywhere, even Utah, the data is overwhelming on this.

If you're open to "born again virgins" well, that's different.
Virgins in general , of either gender, are getting rarer. I guess I am the last of a dying breed. Maybe one reason I am not so desperate to getbinto the dating world now is because of the slim pickings.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:27 AM

230 posts, read 258,785 times
I'm late, but how are you not mentioning the NY/NJ area?

Old 04-19-2017, 07:28 AM

230 posts, read 258,785 times
Apparently there a lot of women here but they are mentally disturbed. I understand women want the "guy" with the most money. Is it worth waiting until your 50. Very frustrating up here

Old 04-19-2017, 07:53 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
There is nothing wrong with meeting a single mother. I think you're doing yourself and disservice to them by writing them off. In fact a single mother won't have time or inclination for games, will be tough and likely independent (unless looking for a sugar daddy). Using basic judgment should be able to filter this out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships