Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 07:58 AM

264 posts, read 183,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
No one believes me but I have allot on my plate these days. It's hard for me to get around to this. We still do the looking game

After our last talk which went super well. (She's not all trying to avoid me with how friendly she is)

Here's where I struggle with the whole story......

In one breath you have too much on your plate and no time for this, but in the next sentence you're having these deep talks with her and both showing interest. So which is it? If you have time to talk to her you have time to ask her out. If you don't have time to ask her out then you don't have time for these meaningful talks. I'm kinda confused.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 08:34 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,898,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooncesTheDrivingCat View Post
Here's where I struggle with the whole story......

In one breath you have too much on your plate and no time for this, but in the next sentence you're having these deep talks with her and both showing interest. So which is it? If you have time to talk to her you have time to ask her out. If you don't have time to ask her out then you don't have time for these meaningful talks. I'm kinda confused.....
My schedule is hectic and crazy sometimes I talk to her when I'm in the gym and when I see her. The past little while our talks have been getting better . The brief instances we run into each other, there's
More comfort there more familiarity. If I asked I don't think it would be too random and catch her off guard. I'll likely do it after we have another good talk, like at the end of the conversation.

I don't see her everyday . Nothing I can do about that.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
More fantasy! You've talked to her once in the past month! And probably 3 times before that. But you have embellished your fantasy to seem like you talk almost every day. You say she texted about you "allot" but then you admit it was only a single vague text. Strangers are pulling you away from her. She outright told you that she did not want to have a private conversation with you and denied that she ever asked you to.

Please stop. It's dishonest and embarrassing.
You have the least accurate views on this here.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:44 AM

308 posts, read 267,346 times
Quote:
She doesn't work there. ( that's a different person she's moving away).She's not there some days I'm not sometimes either. She's know I work 7 days a week (basically) we talked about it. She knows what my life is like right now.It's hard for me to fit in dating and all that.

I told her about my schedule she's aware of why I'm busy like this. She knows all about me in this regard. She remembers everything I say about this. I told her I haven't been out once since I moved here and don't really know anyone and she lit up at that it was obvious so she knows I'm single and such. I got distracted and pulled away then.

She knows what my life is like today I worked 5am-to now 830 pm. No Im not joking
Whether you realize it or not, but you've basically told her that you don't have time for dating, and that the best you can offer is an occasional conversation at the gym and a smile back. It doesn't matter how much interest you have in her; you've made no overt move to show interest beyond casual acquaintance if you've 1) told her how busy you were and 2) only occasionally talk to her due to your (the both of you) schedules.

As for how much work you really have, if you don't even have time for socializing, or make an effort to change your work schedule so as to make more time for socializing, then what exactly is the point of pursuing anyone? When exactly do you think you'd be able to actually go on a date assuming that you do ask her out?

Old 06-01-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
That was a friendly joke with javier bardem and not you mate I thought that was obvious
No I guess I missed the joke. I'm trying to find a time to ask. Sometimes she's not there or I'm not there. I want to I keep putting it off. She knows all about my schedule and such. Hopefully she figure out that that's a huge problem with why this is taking me so long. After our talks we do the eye contact thing more . When I told I really dont go out or out with anyone at all. She smiled all about that. She's going on vacation soon, so I gotta get this done before then. Likely after our next talk. She should see if coming by now.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:56 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
No I guess I missed the joke. I'm trying to find a time to ask. Sometimes she's not there or I'm not there. I want to I keep putting it off. She knows all about my schedule and such. Hopefully she figure out that that's a huge problem with why this is taking me so long. After our talks we do the eye contact thing more . When I told I really dont go out or out with anyone at all. She smiled all about that. She's going on vacation soon, so I gotta get this done before then. Likely after our next talk. She should see if coming by now.
Mate I've seen you got a bit of stick over the last few pages if I were you update us when you actually have an update and hopefully asked her out

Not being mean and I'm as patient as a monk but it's come to that point now...... Weve talked and talked and talked about the same bloody thing over and over and over again..... It's damaging both you and us LOL.Both Harvard and Oxford scholars couldn't and wouldn't believe the analysis and mystery in this thread mate

Old 06-01-2016, 09:10 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Oh, boy! More stalling opportunities. This time it will be because of the vacation. Then, after the vacation, he will need to build "momentum" again. This could be a 1,000 page thread.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:25 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Ok, what did I miss? This seems to be a very popular thread.
If every time I was talking to someone I kept my eye on this one guy, it's probably because I need to know where he is, and I might even be saying: "and he's watching me right now even..can you walk me out to my car? somethings not right here..."
Jame Gumb has entered the room..."I would_____ me."
page one, guy sees girl looking at him, they make eye contact, he is afraid to just go up and ask her out. understandable. guy given plenty of encouragement to go ask her out, guy refuses. now becoming something beyond a train wreck(note the videos i posted for an idea where this is going).

Old 06-01-2016, 09:47 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,347,498 times
Quote:

I know I said I was dropping out of this discussion, but in the two years that have passed since then some things have changed. For one, you appear to be rushing things. That never helps. Sit back and pass through a couple more major life stages before you even think of asking her out. Haste, as they say, makes waste.

The other change I notice is that you're not analyzing her every move quite enough. For example, this whole "eye contact" thing. That can mean a lot of different things, and you have nowhere near enough data at this point. These gyms often have video surveillance set up, and odds are your movements are being watched especially closely, so your interactions with her are likely all on tape. Find a way to access those tapes and watch, and I mean really watch them frame by frame. You might notice something telling like blinking or breathing, that til now you've been to busy to note (see comments on haste above).

Hope this helps.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:49 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I know I said I was dropping out of this discussion, but in the two years that have passed since then some things have changed. For one, you appear to be rushing things. That never helps. Sit back and pass through a couple more major life stages before you even think of asking her out. Haste, as they say, makes waste.

The other change I notice is that you're not analyzing her every move quite enough. For example, this whole "eye contact" thing. That can mean a lot of different things, and you have nowhere near enough data at this point. These gyms often have video surveillance set up, and odds are your movements are being watched especially closely, so your interactions with her are likely all on tape. Find a way to access those tapes and watch, and I mean really watch them frame by frame. You might notice something telling like blinking or breathing, that til now you've been to busy to note (see comments on haste above).

Hope this helps.
In the two years that have passed lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships