Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 11:41 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,897,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
If you feel being warned that if you wait too long, you are going to miss out on your opportunity is too much pressure, you probably shouldn't be dating.

I'm just not going to rush it. We don't know each other they well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 11:50 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
I'm just not going to rush it. We don't know each other they well.
Okay. How well do you feel you need to know someone before you ask them out, just out of curiosity?

We all have our own pace. Just keep in mind that while yours is snail's pace, hers may not be and after three weeks of mooning at each other, she's likely thinking "guess he isn't interested" and is now changing her gym times to avoid "that guy who I thought might be interested but I guess is actually just a creeper who keeps staring at me."

Old 04-26-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Okay. How well do you feel you need to know someone before you ask them out, just out of curiosity?

We all have our own pace. Just keep in mind that while yours is snail's pace, hers may not be and after three weeks of mooning at each other, she's likely thinking "guess he isn't interested" and is now changing her gym times to avoid "that guy who I thought might be interested but I guess is actually just a creeper who keeps staring at me."
She looks at me more I see her doing this at a distance and between the machines. I may talk to her a couple more times then do it.

"Mooning" don't know that term. Nothing had been done that's too evident either way she wants me to talk to her and I'm doing that. I don't know if I ask for her number is too soon and awkward.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:34 PM

Well, do what feels right for you. That's really the only thing you can do.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:54 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
She looks at me more I see her doing this at a distance and between the machines. I may talk to her a couple more times then do it.
Supposedly she makes repeated eye contact with you and holds that contact.

Supposedly, she talks about you on Twitter.

Supposedly, she invites you over to talk to you by smiling at you and you have talked after that.

Supposedly, she has told you she wanted to talk to you more.

If all this stuff is true (which I doubt), then she couldn't be giving you any more signals that she wants you to step up to the plate now.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:04 PM

It's all true.its just that there hasn't been much face to face talking yet. If I keep talking to her it should be fine. It's better than disappearing and not talking.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
It's better than disappearing and not talking.
So if you keep running into her on your way out or her way out, why don't you attempt to talk for a few minutes then? Instead of, you know, disappearing and not talking.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
So if you keep running into her on your way out or her way out, why don't you attempt to talk for a few minutes then? Instead of, you know, disappearing and not talking.
It's not that simple one she was with like five people . It was like the hadn't seen each other for awhile and being introduced to others. I don't know her that well let alone interject.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:04 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
It's not that simple one she was with like five people . It was like the hadn't seen each other for awhile and being introduced to others. I don't know her that well let alone interject.

Here's betting she said "Let's talk later" in an effort to get you to leave her alone when you were bugging her when she was with other people.

If that's not the case, a simple "Can I talk to you over here for a minute?" followed by a quick walk to the side away from others and asking for her number would be simple, fast, and what any reasonably confident guy would do.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
If that's not the case, a simple "Can I talk to you over here for a minute?" followed by a quick walk to the side away from others and asking for her number would be simple, fast, and what any reasonably confident guy would do.
Simple being the operative word...

I did it recently. It really was that easy. Guy was leaving. I didn't know when I would see Guy again. I wanted to get to know Guy better. So I went and asked Guy for his number. It ultimately turned out he wasn't interested but I survived to tell about it. As have countless other men and women before me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships