Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 04:42 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Well there you go. There's your issue right there. You have a need to find guys that your mother won't like. Your whole life is pretty much doing things that your mother won't like in an attempt to get her to love you unconditionally. You have to make bad choices in the hopes that she will love you despite these choices.
Not even close. I do My own thing and do not care what she thinks. She use to say I turned good guys into jerks. But not every guy I have dated is awful. Many just wanted different things or we just didn't fit.

She likes my ex until he was dating me. This leads me to believe, she is the one with the issue. Other people have also said no matter who I date, she won't like them.

My ex called me today and said he was ready to check out of life. I asked if he wanted to do marriage counseling together so he could utilize my health insurance for treatment. He said why don't we just get married. I told him that was a horrible idea cause then he really would be my dependent. This is how we are though. We are tight in a serious bonded way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 05:47 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
My ex called me today and said he was ready to check out of life. I asked if he wanted to do marriage counseling together so he could utilize my health insurance for treatment. He said why don't we just get married. I told him that was a horrible idea cause then he really would be my dependent. This is how we are though. We are tight in a serious bonded way.
The ex that this thread is about? So he doesn't like you are dating someone else, which makes you less available for him to fall back on so he threatens suicide? Am I reading that correctly?

Old 04-14-2016, 06:02 PM

212 posts, read 162,167 times
Quote:
This is how we are though. We are tight in a serious bonded way.
Seems like you most certainly are in a dysfunctional and co-dependent way.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
The ex that this thread is about? So he doesn't like you are dating someone else, which makes you less available for him to fall back on so he threatens suicide? Am I reading that correctly?
Yes. Him. He has a girlfriend!!

He has threatened it a few times in the last few months and not just to me, which is why I want to see him in therapy.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:20 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Yes. Him. He has a girlfriend!!

He has threatened it a few times in the last few months and not just to me, which is why I want to see him in therapy.
And you're gonna go to a couple's counselling with him while trying to date other men? Seeing boundary issues again here. Especially if he's dating someone. This man is a complete mess. And your problem is you make his messes your business.

As the saying goes
Quote:
Learn to care about people without taking on all of their issues.
This man is not your responsibility. And seems he may just be looking for attention, or someone to take care of him, which he's trying to get with you. So he wants any dates and boyfriends out of the picture, even though he cheated on you when he was dating you. And has picked a few women over you. Again, you're this man's fallback and safety net, nothing more. And the fact you're gonna let him use you to get health insurance proves he's got a reason to feel that way. And you wonder why you attract alot of users and project men.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:37 PM

17,211 posts, read 57,041,396 times
I think I pieced it together that this guy, the guy who is the subject of the thread, who she has known since both OP and this guy were both 8 years old:

1 This guy is the father of her younger child - not sure if they were married at that time or not.
2 This guy went to prison (unknown rap) for 8 years - thus the 8 year break in contact.

Right? If not, please excuse my bad analysis.

But if both points 1 and 2 are correct - I have no idea how to "fix" this - as "Bones" McCoy said on the original Star Trek - "Jim, I can heal the sick, but I can't raise the dead!"

Old 04-14-2016, 06:53 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I think I pieced it together that this guy, the guy who is the subject of the thread, who she has known since both OP and this guy were both 8 years old:

1 This guy is the father of her younger child - not sure if they were married at that time or not.
2 This guy went to prison (unknown rap) for 8 years - thus the 8 year break in contact.

But if both points 1 and 2 are correct - I have no idea how to "fix" this - as "Bones" McCoy said on the original Star Trek - "Jim, I can heal the sick, but I can't raise the dead!"
No. The OP's son is another man, whom she was married to that tried to murder her to avoid paying child-support.

This guy and OP have no kids together, far as we know.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:53 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
No, the father of Child #1 is dead. The father of Child #2 tried to kill her in order to get out of paying child support, but the judge didn't care so nothing happened to him and they have a chatty relationship now because LoL is friendly with everyone. Neither of those men is this guy.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
And you're gonna go to a couple's counselling with him while trying to date other men? Seeing boundary issues again here. Especially if he's dating someone. This man is a complete mess. And your problem is you make his messes your business.

As the saying goes

This man is not your responsibility. And seems he may just be looking for attention, or someone to take care of him, which he's trying to get with you. So he wants any dates and boyfriends out of the picture, even though he cheated on you when he was dating you. And has picked a few women over you. Again, you're this man's fallback and safety net, nothing more. And the fact you're gonna let him use you to get health insurance proves he's got a reason to feel that way. And you wonder why you attract alot of users and project men.
I don't know how to stop caring.

He jumps for me also. He is helping me with a project at my rental this weekend. He is a hot mess and I know only he can fix him, but yet I still care.

And it is not that I want him in a romantic way. I don't even know how to describe it.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post

No we have no kids together.

He was in prison for 8 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships