Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 09:44 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
What are gay clothes?
Maybe skinny jeans for example. Many people have expressed they feel those look guy, and effeminate on men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 09:56 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
What are gay clothes?

Old 04-09-2016, 10:39 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,752,036 times
I tried to expand my dating preferences a few years ago, and went on a date with a smoker. She *needed* to have a cigarette on the date. We met at this outside café and had lunch. She lit up a cigarette, and began smoking it (no smoking allowed in that area). Furthermore, she asked me to hold her cigarette while she put more coins in her car meter. It really turned me off along with her black teeth.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:48 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
One that bothered me was that his all time favorite band was Kansas.

The weirdest reason that anyone had for being put off me happened just last fall--I had met this man and dated him a few weeks but I really thought he could maybe be "the one." We took a really long hike on a Saturday and then went back to his place and cooked dinner and then laid down on the couch to take a short nap. 20 min later we got up. . . and it was over. He didn't tell me till the next day but when I looked back on it, I knew that it was over right after the nap. He never would tell me why.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:27 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,752,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
One that bothered me was that his all time favorite band was Kansas.

The weirdest reason that anyone had for being put off me happened just last fall--I had met this man and dated him a few weeks but I really thought he could maybe be "the one." We took a really long hike on a Saturday and then went back to his place and cooked dinner and then laid down on the couch to take a short nap. 20 min later we got up. . . and it was over. He didn't tell me till the next day but when I looked back on it, I knew that it was over right after the nap. He never would tell me why.

How did you know it was over? Was it expected to be turned into something more than a nap?

Old 04-10-2016, 07:35 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,114,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Parrotheads.
As in, followers of Jimmy Buffett?

I mean, if they're obsessive enough about him to refer to themselves as a Parrothead then yea I guess I see your point.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:12 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,392,817 times
I broke up with a boyfriend of a few months because he got mad that I gave my gloves, scarf and hat to a homeless woman.

We had gone downtown (Chicago) for a fancy Christmas party for his work. It was really, really cold - this woman wasn't panhandling or acting crazy - she was just huddled in a doorway trying to keep warm. We walked past her and went about half a block when I had to go back and give her my gloves. I didn't make a big show of it - just took them off and gave them to her.

Boyfriend went off about how he didn't want to hear me complain about how I was cold now and than he wasn't' giving me his gloves/hat and that that woman should get a job, stop doing drugs, etc... I realized he just wasn't a good person. Broke up on the spot and took the train home.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:04 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadingedge04 View Post
I tried to expand my dating preferences a few years ago, and went on a date with a smoker. She *needed* to have a cigarette on the date. We met at this outside café and had lunch. She lit up a cigarette, and began smoking it (no smoking allowed in that area). Furthermore, she asked me to hold her cigarette while she put more coins in her car meter. It really turned me off along with her black teeth.
Oh come on. Those black teeth must've been hot!

Old 04-11-2016, 05:44 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
"She had man hands."

Old 04-11-2016, 06:05 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
Really bad teeth. I just can't abide a man who can't find his way to a dentist when his smile only shows 4 teeth!

Obsessive interest in a hobby or sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships