Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 02:25 PM

15 posts, read 8,100 times

Advertisements

Had a second date last night. The girl does seem interested in me. She lives 90 minutes away

We went to a basketball game then dinner. She took a pic of us and sent it to her mom and Her mom said "omg he is kind of cute!". She was also very touch feely with e during the game. Hand in my hand, arm around my arm

While we were eating dinner we talked about what we look for in a relationship. I mentioned how I'm not into games and she said "I'm not leading you on. I don't want to be in a relationship with you. It's not you at all, I like you I just am focused on school"

I was shocked because it looked like she had interest in me(saying how she was excited to see me, or saying i miss you). So when we got back to my place I asked her "so what was the whole i dont want to be in a relationship with you "talk about? Are you saying you have no interest at all?

She said "I have 6 weeks left of school and I'm done. I have been in school for 5 years and I;m focusing on finishing. Then I'm taking time to myself. Right now I don't want anything with anyone until I finish school, so I can't really say what will happen between us but rfrom now to when school ends i dont want anything with anyone.But I will tell you I like you and am attracted to you"

So where do I go from here?

Last edited by wonderyearsshow; 04-10-2016 at 03:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 02:40 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,457,468 times
Focus on local girls.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:42 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,983 times
OP:

Sounds like you have been friend zoned.

Let her know how you feel about that, but leave the ball in her court.

Busy yourself with other activities.

Do not contact her after letting her know how you feel.

Wait for her to contact you if she chooses to.

If she does not do that, then move on with your life.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

wouldnt say i have been friend zoned. we have had sex and were going to last night but that ddnt happend becuase she ended up getting sick

when she left she said "well just have to get extra in next time"

Old 04-10-2016, 02:59 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
She told you she liked you and was attracted to you, but has to focus on school, after which she wants to take some "me" time, whatever that may mean. (Travel? Downtime to recover from an intense school schedule?) She's saying she's into you, but she's not in a position to pursue a relationship at this time. She cares enough to share your pic with her mom and get her mom's approval. But it sounds like she's being realistic, and is putting her education and future employability first, and she was honest enough to tell you that (a good sign).

Ask her what her plans are after she graduates. Ask her if she hopes to stay in the area or the state, or if she envisions going wherever she can find a good job.

IMO, a woman who finds a great guy that she likes and is attracted to isn't going to throw that away. But she left you hanging, considering her "time for herself" comment re: after graduation. You'd think she'd have said that after she's done with school and recovers from the stress, she'd love to see you, but she didn't say that.

I'd say, keep dating around so you don't have all your eggs in one basket, but also find out what her employment plans are for the future.

edit: wait, she said she wants to keep seeing you? And you guys are having sex, but she doesn't want a relationship? You might call it to her attention that you two are already in a relationship. Ask her: if that's not what she wants, what is it you two have--is it FWB? You need to get clarification, here.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She told you she liked you and was attracted to you, but has to focus on school, after which she wants to take some "me" time, whatever that may mean. (Travel? Downtime to recover from an intense school schedule?) She's saying she's into you, but she's not in a position to pursue a relationship at this time. She cares enough to share your pic with her mom and get her mom's approval. But it sounds like she's being realistic, and is putting her education and future employability first, and she was honest enough to tell you that (a good sign).

Ask her what her plans are after she graduates. Ask her if she hopes to stay in the area or the state, or if she envisions going wherever she can find a good job.

IMO, a woman who finds a great guy that she likes and is attracted to isn't going to throw that away. But she left you hanging, considering her "time for herself" comment re: after graduation. You'd think she'd have said that after she's done with school and recovers from the stress, she'd love to see you, but she didn't say that.

I'd say, keep dating around so you don't have all your eggs in one basket, but also find out what her employment plans are for the future.

edit: wait, she said she wants to keep seeing you? And you guys are having sex, but she doesn't want a relationship? You might call it to her attention that you two are already in a relationship. Ask her: if that's not what she wants, what is it you two have--is it FWB? You need to get clarification, here.

shes working a full time job adn a part time while doing school. after she graduates she's quitting teh part time job and full time job and is taking two weeks after she graduates to visit family out of state, then she starts her new career job.

we only have had sex once. well 2 dates. we didnt have sex last night. she got sick. so we just cuddled which was fine

Old 04-10-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

she wouldnt be touchy feely

Old 04-10-2016, 04:06 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
I would not call her again.

She lives 90 minutes away, and she said straight up she doesn't plan to be available after she graduates.

So ... what's the point??

BTW, her mom's reaction is VERY telling. "He IS kind of cute ... " means the girl is attracted to you for now but does not think you are cute ENOUGH to go out of her way. She obviously had told her mom she KIND OF likes you but not enough.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I would not call her again.

She lives 90 minutes away, and she said straight up she doesn't plan to be available after she graduates.

So ... what's the point??

BTW, her mom's reaction is VERY telling. "He IS kind of cute ... " means the girl is attracted to you for now but does not think you are cute ENOUGH to go out of her way. She obviously had told her mom she KIND OF likes you but not enough.

huh? im sorry but that made no sense at all

her mom had never seen a pic of me. why are you implying IS

Old 04-10-2016, 04:15 PM

209 posts, read 292,425 times
Hey. You had sex with her. Hope it was enjoyable for both. Sounds like you want more than FWB. Time to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships