Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 01:38 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
My Boyfriend does not like the way I act, he doesn't like my attitude, me yelling at him, screaming at him, putting him down, calling him names, so then he refuses to hang out with me because of the way I treat him. And only when I treat him better he will come and see me, talk to me, etc.

I told my parents about me using a taxi or uber service and using my saved money to go out there but they won't allow it and say once, I use that money its gone. They say if he really cares and loves me and wants to see me, he will make the time and effort to do so.

I only treat him like crap because what he does to me. Saying you will come over and then you don't show up, or you show up late, that hurts me, and I hate not being able to see you. Him and I talk, and him saying he needs to get off the phone because he doesn't like me yelling, and wants his space, hurts me, because he doesn't want to talk to me.

I am trying my best to change my attitude and treat him better but I am just not being supportive enough.
So you verbally abuse him and then are surprised that he doesn't want to see you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 01:42 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,202,347 times
Quote:
My Boyfriend does not like the way I act, he doesn't like my attitude, me yelling at him, screaming at him, putting him down, calling him names, so then he refuses to hang out with me because of the way I treat him. And only when I treat him better he will come and see me, talk to me, etc.

I told my parents about me using a taxi or uber service and using my saved money to go out there but they won't allow it and say once, I use that money its gone. They say if he really cares and loves me and wants to see me, he will make the time and effort to do so.

I only treat him like crap because what he does to me. Saying you will come over and then you don't show up, or you show up late, that hurts me, and I hate not being able to see you. Him and I talk, and him saying he needs to get off the phone because he doesn't like me yelling, and wants his space, hurts me, because he doesn't want to talk to me.

I am trying my best to change my attitude and treat him better but I am just not being supportive enough.

You need to forget the BF or any BF and get a job, move out of your parents house, and act like an adult.

WTH "mommy and daddy won't let me take uber" and you claim to be 28? Seriously?

Old 04-11-2016, 01:45 PM

888 posts, read 555,367 times
Wow, just why. Do women like you really exist? You are mooching off your parents, refuse to get a job, are terrible to your boyfriend, are clingy and demanding, and you are mad he doesn't want to come see you. You can't possibly be 28 years old. Get a life and get a job. If you don't want your parents telling you what to do, here is a concept, move out and get a job like most people do in life. What is this guy supposed to do, come and visit you at your parents place? You have nothing but free time, you have free time since you don't do anything, but yes he should come and see you because you say so. Not thinking so. This guys needs to get away from you, and fast. Don't you see how warped this is that you are almost 30 living at home with no job and your parents still give you money and tell you what to do?

If my son ever ends up with a woman like you, I will seriously never stop crying. Consider yourself lucky he has even stayed with you this long, most guys would have ditched you ages ago

Old 04-11-2016, 01:51 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
This can't be real.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:54 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
Wow, just why. Do women like you really exist? You are mooching off your parents, refuse to get a job, are terrible to your boyfriend, are clingy and demanding, and you are mad he doesn't want to come see you. You can't possibly be 28 years old. Get a life and get a job. If you don't want your parents telling you what to do, here is a concept, move out and get a job like most people do in life. What is this guy supposed to do, come and visit you at your parents place? You have nothing but free time, you have free time since you don't do anything, but yes he should come and see you because you say so. Not thinking so. This guys needs to get away from you, and fast. Don't you see how warped this is that you are almost 30 living at home with no job and your parents still give you money and tell you what to do?

If my son ever ends up with a woman like you, I will seriously never stop crying. Consider yourself lucky he has even stayed with you this long, most guys would have ditched you ages ago
The parents created this and continue to enable her behavior.

The bf must be very desperate.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:55 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post

Well, it sounds like OP's dude has gone no contact, so perhaps he's wised up.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:07 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:

So your parents raised you to be self-centered and to feel justified in verbally abusing people for not catering to your unreasonable demands. Way to go, mom and dad!

They've done you a tremendous disservice. You will now need to unlearn the lessons they raised you with, because you won't be able to function in society the way you are now. Which is probably why you don't have a job. You couldn't keep one even if you got one.

Did you explain to your parents that he's been sick, and soon he won't have time to spend hours in traffic round trip to see you, nor can he spare the money (just as you can't) because he's starting school and will have increased demands on his time and money? Or did you leave that part out?

He's not calling you because you're a pain, and he's not into drama and abuse. He's a healthy, self-respecting person, apparently, so you'll have to deal with the consequences of your tantrums. I suggest a break from relationships altogether, to give yourself time to grow up and to get some counseling.

BTW, why aren't your parents urging you to get a job, if they feel that savings is so important? Or do they expect that some wealthy Prince Charming will discover you and rush to pamper you and support you all your life?

Old 04-11-2016, 02:10 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
He should get a better girlfriend because he could do so much better.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:11 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,449,410 times
If your bite a feeding hand enough times you shouldn't expect to be fed forver

Old 04-11-2016, 04:21 PM

166 posts, read 135,285 times
Don't be talking crap about my parents, they raised me up right. I am an only child so yeah they spoiled me growing up and still do a little bit. And they have been hassling me to get a job and I have been applying to places, gotten interviews and have not gotten a job. College and schooling is not for me period.

And my Boyfriend and I have had a break and it didn't do us any good, because we are back to the way things were before the break. So us leaving one another alone won't do any good, yeah we may feel more calm and collected but the same things will happen.

My life is fine the way it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships