Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 02:30 PM

45,373 posts, read 60,561,367 times

Advertisements

I really want to post a song commemorating this thread but don't want to get suspended. Aww, the heck with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80NoPLp-Zl0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 02:30 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
At 42, I can't really see myself with someone in his 20's, but stranger things have happened.

I was contacted by a 28 year old last time I was on OKC. When I declined to meet him, he called me "prejudice." He was one of those that communication on his part consisted only of one sentences at a time. At least I got sentences. He contacted a friend of mine as well and all she got was one word answers.
Prejudice!!!...... That's tad strong from him LOL just because you didn't want to meet him....

I'm certainly not against older/younger relationships as I've got a " whatever floats your boat " sort of attitude but with immaturity like that he certainly didn't do the young dudes any justice with that gem when it comes to attracting the mature older woman LMAO!.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:35 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
If it was a family member of yours, would you mind? I know a woman like this. She's in her late forties and she is currently dating this younger guy. She LOVES him. She feels energized by him. It doesn't hurt either that he is dapper.
Good for her. Why does it bother you?

Old 04-27-2016, 10:40 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,260,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Would you accept that?
Why the hell not? Men do it all the time and no one bats an eye

Old 04-27-2016, 10:43 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I was always interested in and attracted to women older than me and not just for sex this goes clear back to when I was 20 years old. Most recently this was someone over 50 and over 10 years older than me because I adored her personality and found her attractive as well. However I am officially done with them, and only go for younger now. This last one, was the last straw. If you're already dating one fine but it's the pre-dating mating dance in which I have found they are terrible.

They play more games than younger women, have more issues than younger women, more baggage than younger women, too set in their ways compared to younger women, more insecurities than younger women which causes problems during the wooing process, the list is endless. They are much worse for pursuing than a younger woman and I don't blame any guy for going younger after what I have experienced.

That is only your experience, and I'm sorry that happened to you (sounds like you might have loved her). But that was one relationship, one experience. On the whole, older women are much freer to be themselves and don't need approval from you or others to do what she pleases.

I do wish you happiness with your younger girls now though too. Relationships are all crapshoots anyway...win some, lose some...

Old 04-28-2016, 01:30 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,335,670 times
I use to like guys in their twenties 20-22 etc now I can't stand them, I only like older guys in their mid 40s.I think their older age makes them seem a lot more masculine and dominant.
Men really have it in their favour as they age.

Old 04-28-2016, 01:34 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I use to like guys in their twenties 20-22 etc now I can't stand them, I only like older guys in their mid 40s.I think their older age makes them seem a lot more masculine and dominant.
Men really have it in their favour as they age.
I dunno, lots of women certainly improve with age as well. And lots of dudes go in the dumper.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:47 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Nice work if you can get it. Lol

Old 04-29-2016, 06:20 PM

768 posts, read 718,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Family member, friend, stranger, I really don't care.

Daughter? ugh....I wouldn't be too thrilled, but I'll respect her choices/decision making as an adult.

Son? Attaboy! Lol
You made me laugh out loud...as you often do.

Can't help but wonder if OP is concerned about an inheritance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships