U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 04:48 PM

13,230 posts, read 11,773,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I met a girl through a mutual friend about 5 years ago. I didnt make a pass at her or anything. I haven't seen her in a few years. About 3 weeks ago, I ran into her in a store that she worked the register in. We made quick small talk about how we have been. When i went home that night, i sent her a friends request on FB and she accepted(granted i think she does the "yearly FB friends purge" and I Ithink I'm one of the people that gets deleted.). I think it's safe to say that I've had a big crush on this girl since I first met her. She intimidates me a little lol. Anyway, I have no way of contacting her besides Facebook(and no, i cant just show up to her job to ask her out cause i dont know what her hours are). I've been thinking about her for roughly 2 days now non stop and I want to ask her if she wants to hang out. Is this not "confident" or "manly"? Good advice please. Thanks
If you have no other way of contacting her besides Facebook, what else can you do? I recently added a guy who I haven't seen or talked to in a few years, and he might've been weirded out a bit, but so what? Do what you gotta do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 06:23 PM

928 posts, read 585,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I would just try it. Say it was good to see her the other day and ask her to do something.

As my grandfather used to say, you're already NOT dating her, so the worst that could happen is ... you stay the same.
Truth

Old 04-14-2016, 06:27 PM

2,146 posts, read 1,107,799 times
Go back to the store and ask for her number. Then call her up and ask her out.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:32 PM

928 posts, read 585,435 times
Eff it, I just messaged her lol. We will see what happens. I'm almost willing to wager that I won't get a response and will get unfriended hahaha! I will keep you guys posted.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:37 PM

9,871 posts, read 8,013,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I met a girl through a mutual friend about 5 years ago. I didnt make a pass at her or anything. I haven't seen her in a few years. About 3 weeks ago, I ran into her in a store that she worked the register in. We made quick small talk about how we have been. When i went home that night, i sent her a friends request on FB and she accepted(granted i think she does the "yearly FB friends purge" and I Ithink I'm one of the people that gets deleted.). I think it's safe to say that I've had a big crush on this girl since I first met her. She intimidates me a little lol. Anyway, I have no way of contacting her besides Facebook(and no, i cant just show up to her job to ask her out cause i dont know what her hours are). I've been thinking about her for roughly 2 days now non stop and I want to ask her if she wants to hang out. Is this not "confident" or "manly"? Good advice please. Thanks
How does one "hang out on Facebook"?

By pressing the like button a lot?

Am I actually "hanging out" with the this woman who posts a lot of really funny dog videos (that I "like" on Facebook)?

Is this cheating?

Old 04-17-2016, 02:43 PM

42,565 posts, read 42,434,760 times
Lol, I'm thinking of doing the same thing op. I hope she answeres your message. Best of luck.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:53 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,467,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Asking her out via Facebook is not not manly and not not confident.

I wanted to add - you are not going to the store to ask her out. You're going to the store to see her again. You're interested in her, and are putting in the effort and time, possibly going out of your way to see her and get to know her a bit better. Don't go to the store and ask her on a date. Say something funny "I like coming to this store now that I know someone who works here!" or "I find myself coming to this store more often now that you work here."
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, huh?

End result is that he wants a date, so let's cut through that crap. I'm guessing tagging along at her workplace is "creepy" unless she already finds him likable, so OP has nothing to lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or