Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2016, 08:58 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
This thread is absurd.

I recommend showing the new guy this thread and allowing him to dodge a bullet.
I kept my plans with him, so I don't see the problem. He said he had a great time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 09:09 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I kept my plans with him, so I don't see the problem. He said he had a great time.
Of course the date was awkward. Your thoughts were on someone else. Wouldn't be surprised if he sensed it as well. People tend to know when someone's thoughts are elsewhere. The now 3 date guy is definitely on thin ice.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Of course the date was awkward. Your thoughts were on someone else. Wouldn't be surprised if he sensed it as well. People tend to know when someone's thoughts are elsewhere. The now 3 date guy is definitely on thin ice.
No, I said the date with the other guy was a bit awkward since we haven't been in contact for a long time. It wasn't because my thoughts were on anyone else.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:02 PM

19,709 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
No, I said the date with the other guy was a bit awkward since we haven't been in contact for a long time. It wasn't because my thoughts were on anyone else.
Gaining clarity into any & all situations is what counts, but more so, moving forward with said clarity. + At least now you don't have to wonder about him anymore.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:07 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
I guess I read that by mistake.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:15 PM

531 posts, read 384,427 times
THat poor guy, wasting his time and money on someone who wants to casually date. Tell him that youre dating others so he can know not to get too involved with you.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I guess I read that by mistake.
No problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
THat poor guy, wasting his time and money on someone who wants to casually date. Tell him that youre dating others so he can know not to get too involved with you.
Why do you assume that he doesn't want to casually date too? Regarding wasting his money, I paid for myself when we first met for coffee. On our second date, we had drinks and appetizers which he paid for, and I paid for the third date which was dinner and more expensive than the date that he paid for. So he hasn't spent all that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Gaining clarity into any & all situations is what counts, but more so, moving forward with said clarity. + At least now you don't have to wonder about him anymore.
He asked me if I want to get together again, and I am hopeful but not confident that he will follow through. We'll see. I am pretty sure that the new guy wants to see me again though.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:31 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
I think of it as more of an alternate choice than a back up choice. I could go out with the guy who I haven't seen in a long time and realize that he's not as great as I thought which could then raise my interest level in the new guy. It would be premature to stop seeing him now just because I potentially have an interest in someone else. I'm sure lots of people have ended up marrying their second, third, fourth choice, etc. and I don't necessarily think that's a horrible thing. You don't always get your first choice in terms of finding a job, buying a house, etc. Why should relationships be any different?
Because they are completely different. It is a person, not a "thing". That you can even equate an item, or something you need to pay rent and eat to live, to a living, human, breathing, feeling human being just screams a ton about you: as in you don't give a crud about them as individuals or really care about people (other than your cat and parents), which has been obvious since I started reading your posts. It's all about you.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Because they are completely different. It is a person, not a "thing". That you can even equate an item, or something you need to pay rent and eat to live, to a living, human, breathing, feeling human being just screams a ton about you: as in you don't give a crud about them as individuals or really care about people (other than your cat and parents), which has been obvious since I started reading your posts. It's all about you.
I met these guys online and I don't really know them at this point. I feel like I care as much about them as they care about me right now.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:58 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
I met these guys online and I don't really know them at this point. I feel like I care as much about them as they care about me right now.
You don't have to know someone to treat someone with the respect owed anyone in the world, but I don't think you care for people much so you're probably consistent among everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships