Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 08:47 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
IDK, I could never get behind dating more than one person at a time. (Of course, I never had a line of dating prospects vying for my affections anyway, so there's that). But the way I saw it, the same way I would never compete for a man's affection, I preferred to evaluate a potential mate on his own merit, now how he stacked up against the "competition". Either the connection was there and that is where my attention was directed, or I moved on.
I agree with you, word for word. Each person is individual and they have positives and negatives on their own, not by comparison to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 08:55 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
My feeling is that you're not interested in the new guy if you reached out to an old one and have put the new guy off from plans already made.
My thought too. Consciously, it sounds like the OP is interested in New Guy, but subconsciously, not so much.

However, the real question was about double-booking and really the polite thing to do would be to keep the date with New Guy and ask the other to reschedule.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:02 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
My thought too. Consciously, it sounds like the OP is interested in New Guy, but subconsciously, not so much.

However, the real question was about double-booking and really the polite thing to do would be to keep the date with New Guy and ask the other to reschedule.
It's just that we haven't talked in a few years and the opportunity for us to reconnect is fleeting, so I'd rather jump on it now. I feel like the new guy and I are on good enough terms right now that it shouldn't hurt for us to just reschedule for another day.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:05 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Tell him straight that I'd rather focus on dating someone else? I don't know. I've never had to tell anyone that.
Yes tell him straight that you've met someone else and don't wish to see him further?

Old 04-15-2016, 09:08 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
It's just that we haven't talked in a few years and the opportunity for us to reconnect is fleeting, so I'd rather jump on it now. I feel like the new guy and I are on good enough terms right now that it shouldn't hurt for us to just reschedule for another day.
It seems to me you've already made up your mind. In that case, given that it's already Friday, you should probably let New Guy know there's been a change in plans, if you haven't already.

Quote:
I don't want to blow him off. I have enough time in my weekend to see both of them. I got the impression that he could maybe be flexible about changing the day, but I would at least give him sufficient notice.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yes tell him straight that you've met someone else and don't wish to see him further?
I wouldn't necessarily include the "I've met someone else" part. I wouldn't particularly want to hear that from someone myself although I might assume it anyway.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:13 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
Nothing wrong with female monogamy. If you want, you can feel free to continue dating both of these guys and perhaps sleeping with both of them...

Old 04-15-2016, 09:16 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
I wouldn't necessarily include the "I've met someone else" part. I wouldn't particularly want to hear that from someone myself although I might assume it anyway.
Yeah I just feel it's a tad harsh on the other fella that's all, I'm not for one minute questioning you and your morals sugar so apologies if it comes across that way, but its not really nice which ever way you let him down as you're leading him up the " garden path " so to say.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
It seems to me you've already made up your mind. In that case, given that it's already Friday, you should probably let New Guy know there's been a change in plans, if you haven't already.
Well, I want to wait a little while longer before I say anything to the new guy. There's still a chance that I can keep my plans with him.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yeah I just feel it's a tad harsh on the other fella that's all, I'm not for one minute questioning you and your morals sugar so apologies if it comes across that way, but its not really nice which ever way you let him down as you're leading him up the " garden path " so to say.
I'm not jumping that far ahead to where I would have to choose between them. What if I just offer to pay for the rescheduled date? That would be nice, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships