Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2016, 02:26 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,926,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Very common.
I'm getting the feeling that these sites are filled with many creeps. I've browsed males on them before, just to see if anyone I knew was using it, back when I was embarrassed to use the sites. After a while, I lost the embarrassed factor, but just had bad experiences with the sites.

I had a 34 or 35 year old woman message me and talk to me for a while. I was like 26 at the time and didn't really like her much. It wasn't her age, as much as it was that I was just not attracted to her enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 02:37 PM

48,513 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I'm getting the feeling that these sites are filled with many creeps. I've browsed males on them before, just to see if anyone I knew was using it, back when I was embarrassed to use the sites. After a while, I lost the embarrassed factor, but just had bad experiences with the sites.

I had a 34 or 35 year old woman message me and talk to me for a while. I was like 26 at the time and didn't really like her much. It wasn't her age, as much as it was that I was just not attracted to her enough.

It's the same with *real* life, just more concentrated version online. You filter through the creeps (they help by doing something oogy within the first instant messaging or soon after) and you move on to talk to normal guys.

/shrug
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-06-2016, 02:52 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
The closest thing I ever got to this was I used POF about 6 years ago, mostly just to browse. I think I made an account, because they wouldn't let you view more than so many profiles unless you had an account. So I made an account, but didn't put a picture up and put myself in hidden mode for most of the time. Eventually I put pictures up and made it legit, but it didn't go over well. But I continued using it without the pictures just to browse people.

Well I guess I wasn't in ''Hidden'' mode and I was messaged by a girl. Despite no picture or anything. I was very iffy on her from the start. She was not what I was attracted to physically and as I talked to her more, our lifestyles didn't really align much either. I told her after a day of texting that I wasn't interested. She begged me to reconsider and told me she thought terribly of herself. And then she sent me a nude picture text, then said she was gonna get over me by finding a guy to have sex with, which was the only way she knew how to get over guys. Keep in mind we only texted for a day. Didn't even meet. Then the last text I got from her that night was that she would leave the door unlocked, in case I wanted to come and spend the night. I thought this was weird, as she had 2 kids and was willing to invite a stranger over in the middle of the night. I got another dirty picture or two within the next week.
Oh my God. That's horrible and sad. I don't mean the nude pic, I mean the desperation.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:07 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't you said before that you are looking for someone significantly younger than you who is a "good" girl and very religious? And don't you sleep with different women all the time?
Yes primarily younger as they don't have children and not divorced. That doesn't mean I haven't dated others. For example the last lady I dated was around 30, a Christian, divorced with 2 children. For the first month I was dating her she was still legally married but affirmed she was over her marriage, which she was. Ultimately she didn't feel comfortable bringing another guy in her life with two kids.

I went through a down period where in my frustrations I hooked up with a couple woman, but neither one is relationship material. Not something I'm proud of but the circumstances got the better of me. I don't make an active pursuit to sleep with women. I'm looking for someone to build a relationship and family with.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:18 PM

914 posts, read 737,256 times
Quote:
The closest thing I ever got to this was I used POF about 6 years ago, mostly just to browse. I think I made an account, because they wouldn't let you view more than so many profiles unless you had an account. So I made an account, but didn't put a picture up and put myself in hidden mode for most of the time. Eventually I put pictures up and made it legit, but it didn't go over well. But I continued using it without the pictures just to browse people.

Well I guess I wasn't in ''Hidden'' mode and I was messaged by a girl. Despite no picture or anything. I was very iffy on her from the start. She was not what I was attracted to physically and as I talked to her more, our lifestyles didn't really align much either. I told her after a day of texting that I wasn't interested. She begged me to reconsider and told me she thought terribly of herself. And then she sent me a nude picture text, then said she was gonna get over me by finding a guy to have sex with, which was the only way she knew how to get over guys. Keep in mind we only texted for a day. Didn't even meet. Then the last text I got from her that night was that she would leave the door unlocked, in case I wanted to come and spend the night. I thought this was weird, as she had 2 kids and was willing to invite a stranger over in the middle of the night. I got another dirty picture or two within the next week.
Thanks for sharing your story. Think this kind of shows what I was trying to get across earlier - that no matter what sex, we all have weird/unpleasant/negative/crappy/etc. experiences when it comes to online dating.

But yeah, to answer your question:

Quote:

I'm thinking ''Do guys really message these girls asking for sex?''
LOL. Yes, all the time. I wrote about a couple of examples earlier, got MANY more. And I'm only talking about things that were said in the first few messages, not as in your example after starting to text etc (why did you let it get that far?!).

The whole premise of this thread was to complain about "the majority of the women available online". I actually went to the POF website earlier today and entered the search criteria that the OP himself stated that he had used when he quoted the profiles in his posts (ages 22-35 + OP's home town/state).Read through 5 women's and 5 men's profiles. I'm not a scientist, so without applying any "scientific measures", the "gut results" of my research indicate the profiles were all as bad/good as each other, regardless of gender. Not sure why the OP thinks that Mr. "I love to 69" or "No drama/games" is better than Ms. "no sex/ass".

We all encounter bad online profiles and messages. The trick is to ignore the stuff that doesn't interest you and focus on what does, instead. If it doesn't work for you, if there is no one that catches your eye or replies to you, when you feel the need to complain about online dating as a whole on internet forums, if the negativity overwhelms you - take a bloody break. Hey, I do get "bad" messages, look at "bad" profiles. I might laugh about it to my friends, but I don't let it taint the overall experience. I focus on the guy(s) I do like. And if there is nobody that does "it" for me, then I take a break.

I think the OP has gotten a little... frustrated. In my experience, this a good sign that he needs to take a break from online dating.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:31 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
Thanks for sharing your story. Think this kind of shows what I was trying to get across earlier - that no matter what sex, we all have weird/unpleasant/negative/crappy/etc. experiences when it comes to online dating.

But yeah, to answer your question:

LOL. Yes, all the time. I wrote about a couple of examples earlier, got MANY more. And I'm only talking about things that were said in the first few messages, not as in your example after starting to text etc (why did you let it get that far?!).

The whole premise of this thread was to complain about "the majority of the women available online". I actually went to the POF website earlier today and entered the search criteria that the OP himself stated that he had used when he quoted the profiles in his posts (ages 22-35 + OP's home town/state).Read through 5 women's and 5 men's profiles. I'm not a scientist, so without applying any "scientific measures", the "gut results" of my research indicate the profiles were all as bad/good as each other, regardless of gender. Not sure why the OP thinks that Mr. "I love to 69" or "No drama/games" is better than Ms. "no sex/ass".

We all encounter bad online profiles and messages. The trick is to ignore the stuff that doesn't interest you and focus on what does, instead. If it doesn't work for you, if there is no one that catches your eye or replies to you, when you feel the need to complain about online dating as a whole on internet forums, if the negativity overwhelms you - take a bloody break. Hey, I do get "bad" messages, look at "bad" profiles. I might laugh about it to my friends, but I don't let it taint the overall experience. I focus on the guy(s) I do like. And if there is nobody that does "it" for me, then I take a break.

I think the OP has gotten a little... frustrated. In my experience, this a good sign that he needs to take a break from online dating.
Agreed! Focus on those you do want. Taking breaks is also good advice.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:54 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Yes primarily younger as they don't have children and not divorced. That doesn't mean I haven't dated others. For example the last lady I dated was around 30, a Christian, divorced with 2 children. For the first month I was dating her she was still legally married but affirmed she was over her marriage, which she was. Ultimately she didn't feel comfortable bringing another guy in her life with two kids.

I went through a down period where in my frustrations I hooked up with a couple woman, but neither one is relationship material. Not something I'm proud of but the circumstances got the better of me. I don't make an active pursuit to sleep with women. I'm looking for someone to build a relationship and family with.
So...you want a woman who will do as you say and not as you do...

Old 05-06-2016, 08:57 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,302 times
Quote:

I'm thinking ''Do guys really message these girls asking for sex?''

I'm getting the feeling that these sites are filled with many creeps.
Goodness NO! Dating sites are FILLED with men who are paragons of virtue and are only seeking long term, committed, monogamous relationships with women who have intelligence that they respect and admire!

Old 05-06-2016, 11:40 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Goodness NO! Dating sites are FILLED with men who are paragons of virtue and are only seeking long term, committed, monogamous relationships with women who have intelligence that they respect and admire!
I know. It is just so unfairly slanted.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:54 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,518 times
I was been on online dating:

I met fake people
I met scammers
I met woman who act as men on the net their purpose was get in touch with a female partner I assume there country does not accept same sex affairs as in the country I do live.
I met men who do research to see who reply genuinely but they are not looking for some one seriously.

I don't think it is just woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships