U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 02:13 PM

17,868 posts, read 17,034,301 times

Advertisements

I can understand the rant. I know that in my own profile I do not have any sort of attitudes that resemble anything like the OP. Just who I am, and what I like doing and what my personality is like. I tend to not respond to these kinds of profiles anyway. "If you don't like this: keep walking" just tells me that you are also a douchenozzle and you don't deserve anymore of my limited time. Of course that eliminates the majority of profiles of women, and it's all a numbers game for guys, and that does suck.

I also believe that all the profiles that being with "I have X kids and they/who are my world" are all written by the same person, because there are hundreds of profiles that have that very sentence word for word in there opening couple sentences and I find that so alarming that so many profiles I read through have that exact same sentence written.

In short: Women make a lot of terrible profiles and they should feel terrible about there terrible profiles. Except it doesn't matter because there are enough men who won't even read there terrible profile and send them messages anyway. Assuming they even log on to there profiles anymore to see who viewed them and messaged them anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2016, 07:50 PM

638 posts, read 380,856 times
I shake my head at some of the profiles I've seen. I think do these women really expect to meet anyone when even their headline on POF is something negative? I always read them because I'm not going to invest in someone who has a p!$$ poor attitude going into it. It is also pretty much known that the ratio of male to female profiles on these sites are 10 to 1. I just took a look at the personal ads here and it is the same thing.

I used to think online dating gave women an ability to make unrealistic requirements in their significant other. Now I think 1/2 of them are decent enough looking but have internal issues so they make a lousy profile and upload a few pics just to see how many messages they will get for an ego boost, with no real intention of meeting anyone. Hell, they are probably already in committed relationships and aren't happy.

Nobody answers on match.com anymore. Almost $300 that I'll never get back. I will not pay for online dating anymore.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:13 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,077,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I find it a bit disturbing the number of people reporting receiving dick pics. As for body image, there's a difference between something someone can control and something they can't.

I can't control that a woman has children to another man she's no longer with and wants a man to be a third wheel in their relationship.

I can control my hobbies, body image, etc.. Things that people generally find attractive. I don't come out saying a women needs to be __________ body image, but I will state that I exercise and am attracted to those that take care of themselves, exercise, eat right also. Nothing is more unattractive to me than a women that has clearly let themselves go. They can do something about it. They just choose not to.

I don't give the attitude .. "if your a fatty keep moving". The attitude is the issue.
Ok, reading is fundamental: "No commenting on a woman's body in the first message"

That means, you men stop sending us messages like "Nice ****" "Ur hot" "Smokin!" "Dtf?" "What a sparkling face you have" etc. (Some) women have an attitude because they are looking for a relationship and the messages they get from (some) men are nothing but body comments, come ons, or dick pics. You put out that crap, you get attitude back.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:25 PM

638 posts, read 380,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Ok, reading is fundamental: "No commenting on a woman's body in the first message"

That means, you men stop sending us messages like "Nice ****" "Ur hot" "Smokin!" "Dtf?" "What a sparkling face you have" etc. (Some) women have an attitude because they are looking for a relationship and the messages they get from (some) men are nothing but body comments, come ons, or dick pics. You put out that crap, you get attitude back.
I'm a male and cannot tell you how many times I felt so tempted to lash out and put in the profile that I'm not interested in someone who can't be without a dog or someone who refuses to text me with the fear of getting a dick pic, they say the want a relationship, then meet a good guy who acts like a gentleman, then decide they don't like him like that. Women are attracted to *******s. Sometimes I wonder if these women just want to be treated badly so they have something to whine about and create drama with and get more attention from friends. It's like nobody is happy being happy.

I understand your frustration. But when you post a headline on your profile "not looking for just sex" or the like, or something even more negative, it shows you have a bad attitude going into it. You can't take the low blow comments personally, they don't know who you are or even if you are a real person just from looking at a few pics and reading your profile. As crazy as it may seem, nobody likes the old sour grape. You have to sell yourself.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:43 PM

1,912 posts, read 883,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
This doesn't apply to just females, but males too. My guess is that so many have been on there for so long and experienced so much BS. They are frustrated and think that putting disclaimers on there would help, or they just need to vent! Either way, it comes off very negatively. There are some that write it in a humorous way and I ended up messaging those people just because I found what they said clever or funny.
I am in a long term relationship now but I did online dating and I ran across a lot of what the OP is complaining about in men's profiles as well.

Now, I did online dating on and off for about three years. Whenever I found someone to date either offline or online, I dropped out of online dating. So the result was I was never there long. Never more than about a month or so. And then I was usually offline for a month to even six months. Whenever I came back to online, I started fresh with an updated profile and even new pictures.

When I would come back the same men were there with the same profiles and same pictures from three years ago. It's like they never left. I'd find them when I did searches by keywords, looking for men to message. But they might be a little more bitter so to speak. So I think there might be a lot of truth to the idea that some of these bitter sounding profiles from women and men are the result of frustration and maybe being online a little too long or putting all of ones eggs in the online dating basket.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:45 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,077,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
I'm a male and cannot tell you how many times I felt so tempted to lash out and put in the profile that I'm not interested in someone who can't be without a dog or someone who refuses to text me with the fear of getting a dick pic, they say the want a relationship, then meet a good guy who acts like a gentleman, then decide they don't like him like that. Women are attracted to *******s. Sometimes I wonder if these women just want to be treated badly so they have something to whine about and create drama with and get more attention from friends. It's like nobody is happy being happy.

I understand your frustration. But when you post a headline on your profile "not looking for just sex" or the like, or something even more negative, it shows you have a bad attitude going into it. You can't take the low blow comments personally, they don't know who you are or even if you are a real person just from looking at a few pics and reading your profile. As crazy as it may seem, nobody likes the old sour grape. You have to sell yourself.
You realize you're blaming women for being gunshy because of crap other men have done, right? So maybe, just maybe, instead of blaming the women, you should blame the men who act like a-holes, send dic picks, send gross/body comments, use dating sites to troll for casual sex, etc.

Anyway, I am speaking in general terms. For all the "My kids come first!" "No losers/players!" in women's profiles, there are just as many (if not more) "I'm only looking for something casual/Fwb" "No fat chicks" stupid pictures, no information, and atrocious spelling in men's profiles, plus my all time favorite: 40+ man looking for 18-30 year old women.

No gender has the lock down on bad dating profiles. Skip who you want to skip.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:01 PM

25,136 posts, read 24,047,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
You realize you're blaming women for being gunshy because of crap other men have done, right? So maybe, just maybe, instead of blaming the women, you should blame the men who act like a-holes, send dic picks, send gross/body comments, use dating sites to troll for casual sex, etc.

Anyway, I am speaking in general terms. For all the "My kids come first!" "No losers/players!" in women's profiles, there are just as many (if not more) "I'm only looking for something casual/Fwb" "No fat chicks" stupid pictures, no information, and atrocious spelling in men's profiles, plus my all time favorite: 40+ man looking for 18-30 year old women.

No gender has the lock down on bad dating profiles. Skip who you want to skip.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:16 AM

4,380 posts, read 3,417,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
Yet the whiny, b*****y women get the attention as evidenced by threads like this. Those of us who have well-written, positive profiles who are looking for relationships get ignored - unless our profile picture looks like we will put out before the first meet beverage even hits the table. Then we get the solicitations for sex by the men with bitter, p***y profiles, who get nasty if we don't respond within two seconds of them sending the message.

Him: Hey beautiful, wanna meet?
Him: Hello???
Him: Helllooooo!!!!!
Him: Guess you're not interested.

I have had that "conversation" happen in the span of 10 minutes when I was on OKC. I was logged on but had stepped away from my desk.

Next time I logged on, the guy's profile was at the top of the section with recent updates complaining about how many women on the site were just there to play games and he was sick of it. Gee, and you wonder while you're single?

I also had one send me 15 unanswered messages in the span of 6 hours. I do have a full time job and there are days I am actually busy with it.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:52 AM

39 posts, read 22,090 times
Both at the very tip top of my profile and at the bottom, I stated I did not want anything casual, and that I was not looking for a one night stand or FWB. I was looking for new friends (non-sexual ones) or relationships only.

Why did I put this twice? Because of the sheer number of "Nice ******. Wanna ****?" (No. Sorry. I'm not looking for just a fling) "Well what good are you!? If you don't want to **** then put it somewhere so people don't waste their time. You're a fat troll anyway. I was just throwing you a bone earlier. Because you're so ugly. No one would actually want to **** you."

Not that it helped. I still got the same "Great pics. Dtf?" day in and day out.

Or better..... "Your profile says no FWB but your **** say they [detailed explicit act], amirite?"

My stating, twice, that I wasn't wanting anything casual wasn't to be defensive. It was an attempt to get across that, no, I don't want to meet up tonight to scratch your itch, or for a FWB or any other casual thing.

Also, you'd be surprised how many times I got "Only relationships? I'll be in a relationship with you for one night. ;-)" or "FWB is still a relationship" or other twisting of the words. Might as well just be clear. "No relationships. That means no FWB, flings, one night stands, or random hookups, please"

Again, not that it ever actually worked. :-/

Old 04-18-2016, 09:55 AM

4,380 posts, read 3,417,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekhmet View Post
Also, you'd be surprised how many times I got "Only relationships? I'll be in a relationship with you for one night. ;-)" or "FWB is still a relationship" or other twisting of the words. Might as well just be clear. "No relationships. That means no FWB, flings, one night stands, or random hookups, please"

Again, not that it ever actually worked. :-/
Of course not. You weren't stating what you wanted and didn't want. You were issuing a challenge for men to come along and try to change your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or