Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 10:12 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times

Advertisements

Maybe there should be a button that I like you more than like button can express.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 10:20 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
How old are you OP? There are some generational differences on the importance of "likes."

Old 04-16-2016, 10:28 AM

710 posts, read 584,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
How old are you OP? There are some generational differences on the importance of "likes."
I'm 18 and I'm pretty sure she is too.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I wouldn't read anything into it.
It's complicated. Maybe there isn't anything there but then again she is pretty much out of my league looks and social status wise, so I see no other reason for her to be liking my pictures other than thinking I'm cute. I don't know.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:58 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
It's complicated. Maybe there isn't anything there but then again she is pretty much out of my league looks and social status wise, so I see no other reason for her to be liking my pictures other than thinking I'm cute. I don't know.
Why do guys say that? My husband said I was out of his league when we started dating too. WTF does that even mean? We've been happily married over 30 years now.

I think that's your insecurities coming out.

Women like men for different reasons and it's not always about looks.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
Why do guys say that? My husband said I was out of his league when we started dating too. WTF does that even mean? We've been happily married over 30 years now.
I can't speak for other guys but personally it's because I'm a realist. I'm not super attractive so I don't expect supermodel looking girls to like me just the same as I wouldn't expect super attractive looking guys to chase after non attractive looking girls. I realize that all girls don't go for guy's looks, but from what I see you have to look pretty good to at least get in the door with some women, at least the very attractive ones because they know the options are pretty much endless.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:16 PM

61,712 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Does that mean the person is interested? Sometimes I post pictures on my Facebook profile and this girl constantly likes them. I don't know if she likes the pictures to be nice or if she thinks I'm attractive. I never really talked to her a lot and I knew her from middle school but I haven't seen or talked to her in years. She's pretty and I'm considering messaging her to try to get things going and maybe ask her out. Should I do it?
Some people just click on every "likes" they see, hoping that others will click on their "likes" in return - you know, "likes" collectors. So, in most cases it means nothing...

Old 04-16-2016, 03:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Omg she totally wants your bod.You hot rod you.

Old 04-16-2016, 04:01 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
No, you don't know. You're making things up and assigning thoughts to her that you want her to have.

Like many people, she may like something out if boredom, or at least with little regard for the person who shared it.

If you're interested, you need to take initiative and start a conversation. You haven't seen her or spoken to her in years so you need to see if she's even interested in communicating with you.

Old 04-16-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Like many people, she may like something out if boredom, or at least with little regard for the person who shared it.
Just liking the pictures at random loses credibility with me due to the fact that she liked multiple ones I posted at different times. I could see it if it was maybe just 1 or two pictures she liked. I may just keep posting pictures and see if she keeps liking them. I don't really know her or "like" her but I'm really curious as to why she keeps liking them. I'm thinking about messaging her but it would likely be awkward because I don't know what to say to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships