Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 09:58 AM

99 posts, read 102,234 times

Advertisements

That's a good point NWGirl74.

I'm seeing her tonight and will try really hard to not break up with her but live separately. I truly do care about her and we've always talked about our future.

Part of it is my inner fear that if I lose her, it'll be a long time before I find someone to love and care too just as much as I do with my gf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 10:01 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by throughthelookingglass View Post

Part of it is my inner fear that if I lose her, it'll be a long time before I find someone to love and care too just as much as I do with my gf.
Staying with someone you're incompatible with simply out of fear of being alone is not a great reason to stay with someone.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:04 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
My co-worker's sons took my suggestion and split the rent based on a prorated basis of who got the bigger room.

You've been talking about moving in together for over a month now and now you are back-pedaling on that idea. Is it possible she said these things out of anger and hurt feelings in the heat of the moment?

Also, you could point out to her that you moving in with your brother could be a good thing - if the roommates get on her nerves, or if she needs somewhere quieter to study or work on a huge project, it would give her a place to go to escape from them.

You do realize that threatening to leave a relationship in anger is a bad sign? Especially over something like this. It's not like he cheated on her.

He had the option to move in or not. If she became so angry over his decision to not move in that she threatened to leave, doesn't that tell you that it was all about the money?

Old 04-21-2016, 11:24 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Dude, I wouldn't want to live with 3 girls. The other poster is right, you will NEVER see the bathroom.

Go live with your brother.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-21-2016, 01:19 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,497 times
Quote:
That's a good point NWGirl74.

I'm seeing her tonight and will try really hard to not break up with her but live separately. I truly do care about her and we've always talked about our future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Staying with someone you're incompatible with simply out of fear of being alone is not a great reason to stay with someone.
Your fear is understandable and I think we can all relate. But fleetiebelle is right. It's tough to get back out there. But if you end up doing this, your relationship will deteriorate and it'll be even harder to leave her. AND you will be stuck in a lease. It'll make you unhappy. If your girlfriend really loved you, she'd never ask you to do this and push so hard when it's clear you don't want it. It is easier to start over than to try and salvage a relationship that's doomed.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:11 PM

I'm telling her tonight after work I cannot afford it, which is true. After looking closer at all the monthly expenses, I would be left with about 1-200$ a month. That sucks considering I spent more than that on one college book (and I do 4-5 classes a semester). And, if one of her friends decides to move out or gets fired or something, I would be literally broke.

I'm aware of what may come out of this conversation later, but I just cannot afford it.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:58 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
I just cannot afford it.

What you can't afford is HER.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:06 AM

So I talked to her last night and it went well I think. She said she was just upset and didn't mean it about the breakup.

But I just have to wait a day or three to make sure. Because Monday night we had a fight and everything was fine, then Tuesday morning was when the breakup talk started. So I just have to see if she can keep her end of it.

The whole apt thing is getting a little shaky for them. None of their parents will cosign. One of the friends didn't even fill out the application which they were going to turn in today. But now they cannot afford that apt without me and they have to look at other places. But I'm glad I got out of this.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:51 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:
So I talked to her last night and it went well I think. She said she was just upset and didn't mean it about the breakup.

But I just have to wait a day or three to make sure. Because Monday night we had a fight and everything was fine, then Tuesday morning was when the breakup talk started. So I just have to see if she can keep her end of it.

The whole apt thing is getting a little shaky for them. None of their parents will cosign. One of the friends didn't even fill out the application which they were going to turn in today. But now they cannot afford that apt without me and they have to look at other places. But I'm glad I got out of this.
Good for you for listening to your gut and making the right choice for yourself. She and her friends need to live within their means. It's one of those tough life lessons, living on what you make, which is likely not going to be the same standard as what their parents provided while they were growing up. It's what inspires you to work harder and do better.

Alson keep your eyes open, as you have been. Handling stress by threatening to break up is not a healthy option. I think you know this, but remember it because you don't have to deal with this in a healthy relationship and can choose to move on from her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships