Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 12:34 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It is your issue alone and obviously your boyfriend doesn't notice or flirst back. Insecurity, jealously and being possessive kills more relationships than financial issues in my opinion.
We are all insecure about something, except for sociopaths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 12:36 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
We are all insecure about something, except for sociopaths.
Yes but the problem is some are more insecure than others and show it more

Old 04-18-2016, 12:38 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Hes gay and doesn't like women, nor does he flirt back with anyone?

You've got a dumb problem, homie.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:44 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Dealing with it...well, doesn't the woman think her partner is sexy? If she does, then why wouldn't she think he's sexy to someone else? He's not with that someone else, he's with her and meanwhile, she's just seeing that other women think he's cute just like she does. Why would that be weird or uncomfortable? Wouldn't it only make sense?

My DH has recently lost a lot of weight and there's a girl at work who keeps complimenting him. It makes him vaguely uncomfortable but for my part, I'm not uncomfortable with it at all. Why would I be the only woman on earth who finds him cute?

Old 04-18-2016, 12:50 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Unless your partner is actually flirting back or allowing behaviors that make you uncomfortable to happen, I'm not sure why you would have to "deal with it".

Old 04-18-2016, 12:50 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
A lot of times waitresses and bartenders flirt. The bottom line is tips. Many times there's no real interest.

In my experience, an attractive waitress or bartender doesn't have a lack of male attention.
Thanks for the encouragement... *sniff*

Old 04-18-2016, 12:57 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
This is all kind of ridiculous. I've dated men in certain professions where there were a lot of gay guys who would hit on them. Heck, an ex-boss of my ex-hub's, who was an usher at my wedding, told me flat-out, "I hired him because I thought he was cute." Didn't make my ex-hub gay.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:29 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Hes gay and doesn't like women, nor does he flirt back with anyone?

You've got a dumb problem, homie.

I think it's not a trust issue here, more of an issue where OP not getting enough or same attention as his bf, making him insecure about his own looks. Constantly seen as less attractive of the two, invisible next to his bf, not worth a glance or something.

Old 04-18-2016, 01:40 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whywontthisjustwork View Post
I use the woman examples just because from my experience woman typically don't make attraction as obvious so I was showing the extent people go to flirt with him. Could be wrong...other gay guys do it too of course. It's more of a self esteem thing than anything I guess. When we're both the same sex and he gets treated a certain way because of how he looks, it's just a constant reminder of how I don't measure up to that. Idk. I have solid esteem/confidence but this has been going on for three years now and it's starting to take its toll.
But thing is, even if your partner is HOT, he's with you isn't he? It makes no difference if other people think he's hot and ignore you, because at the end of the day, your partner wants you and apparently doesn't care for any other suitors.

I think of an acquaintance of mine. Like a guy that she felt was hot. And she hated his girlfriend, who she said was crazy, fat, had ugly hair, and was stupid because she didn't go to college. Meanwhile, she describes herself as a real catch - intelligent, with good hair, in law school, and a killer body. Yet the guy didn't give a damn about her, and his girlfriend is the woman he cared to be with. Taste is subjective. Some will have looks that are more conventionally attractive that appeal to more people.

You like your boyfriend, and he likes you. That should be all you focus on is the one you want actually likes you enough and wants you back. Least the person you like finds you attractive. And that he's not behaving inappropriately that would make you think he's cheating.You can't be too bad if a hot and great person wanted you, especially if other people are interested in them.

Be thankful. Unlike some people who have low self-esteem and it's more warranted because nobody they like has ever wanted them, so they either stay single or have to settle and date whoever will have them. You were great enough that you are with a good partner, who genuinely wants you.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:50 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whywontthisjustwork View Post
Disclaimer: I'm gay, so maybe that changes the dynamics?

I'm reminded because people have a strong reaction to him anywhere we go. Girls catcall him (has happened a few times in the park and on the street) people constantly stare at him, tell him he looks like so and so, etc. Perfect example is I was in sprint the other day dealing with the customer service lady and she would barely listen to what I was saying. My boyfriend came in to see what was taking so long and she started giggling like a middle schooler and asking him about his day and when he went off to wait and played on his phone she literally stared at him and twirled her hair. **** like this. Everywhere, everyday. People just make it obvious. When were talking to people together it's like I don't exist. If I try to get a word in they just look at me with a blank expression before they turn back to him eyes lit up. At the beginning of our relationship we both cheated on each other so that adds that dynamic...We really love each other but this is starting to take its toll. If he was just average I would love that.
And the plot thickens.

Twist ending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships