Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 11:41 AM

92 posts, read 117,923 times

Advertisements

Here's the situation.

Around October (6 months ago) a very lovely spanish girl started working at my job.

I was never attracted to her at first, but as days went by, and months went by, me and her sort of developed a work-wife/work-husband type of relationship. Where there were numerous amount of laughs, numerous amount of playful fighting, and just good ole times.

She had a bf, but she wasn't really attracted to him that much, so she ended it with him on December.

She's those party/clubbing, make-up/fashion type of chicks who presumably can't go without a boyfriend for very long, but Spanish girls are also very family oriented, so i do know she has a good side to her.

From January till present, she is seeing someone else, but has yet to tell me because we get along so nice at work, i give her random messages, I'm able to touch her hair, , she softly claws my lower back, pinches my stomach, etc... I'm one of the co-workers that is able to pull this off, I don't believe she would be comfortable if other guys did it to her.

But i recently been informed from another friend of mine who works with me that she is getting serious with someone else. He then showed me some Instagram pictures and my heart started going into a plummet and just sort of depressed because i saw pictures of them on Valentine's Day, i saw pictures of them eating lunch together, going out on ferry rides, etc... And she also is going on vacation next week, and now i sort of understand why.

She did hinted to me numerous times that we should go out, deep down, i know she really does have feelings for me, but all this time, I've never really tooken the initiative to do anything because even tho i have lots of feelings for her, i never acted on it due to fear + she being my co-worker.

Now that i know what's been going on, and her birthday is coming up, I don't know if i should even bother getting her a gift. I had a $90 Watch that i bought cause i was going to give it to her, but now after finding out about the bf, I'm sort of in a 2-way street.

Because if i give it to her, she'll prolly just tell her bf and they will both laugh it off while they go on vacation, but if i didn't get her anything, she might really resent me for it because we work so good at work and we're sort of friends. And she may have that thought in her head that this dude never got me anything for my bday, so who cares about him. Which leads to more problems if down the road if something were to happen between the two of us.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 11:45 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
OMG, do NOT give her a $90 gift.

How about something neutral, like a certificate to some local eatery?

She pinches your stomach at work???

Old 04-18-2016, 11:48 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
suggestions?

Don't flirt with her. Don't give her gifts. She has a bf for christs sake. It' disrespectful towards the dude.

When she is single again, make a move. Then date her, quit your job, start working somewhere else and watch her have a new husband at work that she pinches.

Old 04-18-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
OMG, do NOT give her a $90 gift.

How about something neutral, like a certificate to some local eatery?

She pinches your stomach at work???

I'm sort of out-of shape. So i have quite a bit of fat on my hips, and usually when I'm walking and i see her, she'll just grab my stomach or my hips.

And sometimes she tells me to give her messages, she is a fitness chick, and the guy she is with is also a personal trainer at a gym (who woulda thought) and at times she tells me to feel her legs and she shows me her stomach and tells me to touch it.

It blows my mind sometimes too.

Old 04-18-2016, 11:50 AM

She's playing you.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
She's playing you.

But I'm able to touch her, I can massage her, play with her hair, I can even get close to her, tell her to take her earrings off and i can play with her ears.

If i really wanted, i feel that the co-worker relationship that me and her have, if i looked in her eyes, and if i had the balls to do so, i can even kiss her on the lips and she probably would enjoy it, just as i would.

She's hot and she knows it, other guys ask her out, and she rejects them as friendly as possible. She asked me if i want to go to the gym with her those days in December when she was single, but i always had excuses to say or i told her i had plans to do something else.

I don't know if its a matter of playing or if there is strong attachment between me and her, but I'm the loser for not doing anything.

But why doesn't she tell me that she has a boyfriend. Why does she tell everyone else about how her relationship is going with the guy, but in a conversation with me, she keeps mentioning that she's single and that me and her should spend time together.

It really is mind-boggling at times.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:05 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaUZE_BOSS View Post
But I'm able to touch her, I can massage her, play with her hair, I can even get close to her, tell her to take her earrings off and i can play with her ears.
Geez, what kind of workplace is this? Don't touch a coworker who isn't your girlfriend. She's got you wrapped around her finger, and she's toying with you. Don't play her games, and definitely don't give her a pricey gift.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:10 PM

I won't say the word but a woman who touches other guys while being in a relationship, is a ...

That would be a huge turnoff for me.

Do you want a gf like that?

If you wouldn't work together I would say sleep with her once and then dispose her but since you might lose your job, I wouldn't do that.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:17 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Geez, what kind of workplace is this? Don't touch a coworker who isn't your girlfriend. She's got you wrapped around her finger, and she's toying with you. Don't play her games, and definitely don't give her a pricey gift.
This. ^^^ All I can think is, "Does the OP work at a massage parlor?"

Common sense, please.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:20 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaUZE_BOSS View Post
she is seeing someone else

No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships