Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 12:13 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,490,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Really. I wouldn't consider the OP entirely trustworthy, either. I don't know the husband from Adam, but one thing to consider is that sometimes those who know they are not trustworthy themselves sometimes find excuses not to trust others, even when it would seem the others are making every effort to regain trust.
Yeah I know that was aimed at the OP Jade and not the husband.

I see what you are saying but the fact that she came clean about the chatting to the other blokes I think was a huge step and personally think it would only bode well for the future as far as trust goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 12:26 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,441,088 times
Look, in a situation where you've been lied to and deceived, and the other person is supposedly trying to "change", I have absolutely no problem at all with full disclosure until he can rebuild your trust. That means if you want to see his phone, you look at his phone. You want to see his computer? You look. He is no longer entitled to the privacy that you gave him that he then took advantage of to deceive you. His erasing what he's been doing on his devices is an indication of deceit - and that'd be a non-starter for me.

I wish you luck, but remember - where ever you go, there you are. A new house isn't going to change who another person is, truly, inside. It's good that you're buying into it (saving the marriage, etc.) but please go into it with your eyes wide open.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:59 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,291,559 times
Do you still love your husband? How many percent are you in if FB guy did not happen?

Also, let your husband know you're not really comfortable getting intimate yet, at least not until you experienced enough trust to bond again. In case his way of trying to prove himself by being physical may repel you the more he tries.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:16 PM

458 posts, read 328,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
Do you still love your husband? How many percent are you in if FB guy did not happen?

Also, let your husband know you're not really comfortable getting intimate yet, at least not until you experienced enough trust to bond again. In case his way of trying to prove himself by being physical may repel you the more he tries.
I do love him. He has many good qualities. I'm sure for everyone that has been married past the honeymoon stage has experienced episodes of ebb and flow.

My husband has some leadership issues. I am traditional in the sense that I think the man should be the head of the house. I need/crave for a man to establish dominance. No woman has trouble following a man, if she trusts his leadership over her life.

He hasn't in the past wanted to be the decision maker. He has never wanted the responsibility. I think if he would've put his foot down on some issues, certain things wouldn't have gone on. He's laid back and has more of an anything goes type of attitude.

If I disapprove of something and he doesn't, he will act like he disapproves.

Now to answer your question about the fb guy, he has been my friend for longer than I have been married. He has what my husband lacks and my husband has what he lacks. Its a catch 22 I guess. I crave certain this about this man because I have been without the traits he has. We have always had amazing chemistry.

Knowing the position I was in, I shouldn't have fallen into the old flame trap. It always looks better than it actually is. I had on my Rose colored classes. Its hard to see the other side of something you're in the middle of. But, without this man, my feelings wouldn't have changed towards my husband. I'm 100% on that. The old flame was just a soft place to lay my head (Eg Samson & Delilah) Have to be careful of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships