Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 04:29 PM

454 posts, read 310,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulceJ View Post
First I would never go out with a man who would tell me how to dress

Second I would never go out with a Muslim..My friend did and they had a child and he took the child with him to his country, she has never seen the child again.

I would go out with an Arab but NOT muslim

and let me tell you if he was starring he was starring because he liked what he was looking at, that lame excuse that he wanted to know what she was doing can be told to someone NAIVE but if I was told that I would give him WALKING PAPERS
Is your friend Sally Field?

But seriously, a fundamentalist muslim would be a no-go for me... They'd have to be the most casual muslim in all recorded history for me to have any interest. And before you bash me, realize I'm also not going to be dating any hardcore Christians anytime soon. First, because I'm married to a beautiful heathen and secondly, I'm spiritual, not religious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 04:32 PM

454 posts, read 310,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Difference between CONSENSUAL vs demand/abuse.
meh. Maybe I'm numb to it but it doesn't bother me at all.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:15 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicacazacopol View Post
I feel like no matter where we are he should be able to control himself. Regardless of the girl or the place.
Why should he? He doesn't respect you or any woman. And he believes that's the way it should be.

Is this your first experience with Middle Eastern men?

Old 04-25-2016, 07:48 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Well, what do you expect? This is why Muslims have those restrictions - to prevent them from staring.

The real question is, if you're an ordinary American girl, why would you put up with a boyfriend who dictates what you wear?
Sure...if women must be covered men don't need to control themselves...and apparently he has no self-control.

I don't know if what your sister did was intentional but she did you a huge favor. If he can't stop himself from slobbering all over your sister, what does he do with women he doesn't even know?

This behavior won't change...because he doesn't want to change...it is his culture. Don't think that his concern over your clothing is concern for you or that his jealousy shows how much he cares for you. He probably sees you as an exotic pet...if you're not Muslim it is only a matter of time before he drops you or you convert. I wouldn't advise it.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:55 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOU812 View Post
Glad I live in So Cal where there aren't so many puritans!
LOL

Guess where there OP lives?

Old 04-25-2016, 07:58 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
LOL

Guess where there OP lives?
The boyfriend is not from SoCal. AFAIK.

In fact I think the OP did say people where she lives do tend to dress the way her sister dresses.

So I see what CAOU was saying here. I think he may have a point...these two may just be TOO different cultures-wise.

I know I couldn't do it, terrible though that sounds. I couldn't be with a man who, culturally, felt that restrictive about women and was that serious about rules and the like. Just no way. I'm sure some women could. Not I and not the OP either, I don't think.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:01 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The boyfriend is not from SoCal. AFAIK.

And?

He lives there now. And he's far from a Puritan also.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:33 AM

475 posts, read 648,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOU812 View Post
Is your friend Sally Field?

First, because I'm married to a beautiful heathen and secondly, I'm spiritual, not religious.
I am spiritual BECAUSE I believe in Jesus and I am not religious. Enlighten me as to how one is a heathen and spiritual? Oh and I agree that the OP should run from this guy and fast!

Old 04-26-2016, 01:28 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicacazacopol View Post
Hey guys. So I have a boyfriend that I've been with for about 5 years now and yesterday I introduced him to my sister for the first time. (I made a post previously about how my boyfriend continually makes me change my clothes when we go in public so I'm not showing much skin because he's Muslim -- no tank top no short skirts or short dresses nothing showing clevage- so please keep this in mind when replying to my post)
Start to wear what you want, don't be his property and marionette doll. Why you want someone to controll your life? Of course rules are only for you, you are a woman, meanwhile guys wrote different freedoms to themselves to enjoy of life.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:34 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazertrek50 View Post
I am spiritual BECAUSE I believe in Jesus and I am not religious. Enlighten me as to how one is a heathen and spiritual? Oh and I agree that the OP should run from this guy and fast!
He said he is spiritual and the wife is a heathen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships