Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 04:28 PM

166 posts, read 135,294 times

Advertisements

Well, I talked to my Boyfriend about him and I attending couples therapy together, to see if it would help us resolve our issues and problems, we are currently facing. So I got in touch with a few, asking prices, times, days, etc. And spoke to the first one on the phone, she wanted to hear my side of the story of whats going on, so I told her, then she said to give her number to my Boyfriend and have him, call her up and tell his side of the story.

She ended up telling him to focus on himself, go make friends, get his life together etc. So then later that week, I had set up an appointment with the second therapist I got in touch with and it was set up for Saturday April 23rd at 4:30PM and I told my Boyfriend the day and time. BUT the day of the appointment, he calls me and I thought he was at my house, but as it turns out, he calls and asks me "What day is the appointment?" I told him it was today (Saturday at 4:30PM) him and I were talking around 1PM. Plenty of time for him to come on down and us to go.

But he said to cancel the appointment because he was hanging with his friend, and they were off to an event at a comic book shop. So he picked his friend over me, and the couples therapy appointment and that pissed me off, upset me, and hurt me so much. What would you do if your partner did something like this to you? What do you think of what the first therapist had told him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 04:42 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
The first therapist is obviously very good.

It's only going make CD-R more sympathetic for your bf, lol.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:46 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
This is yet another piece of proof in a long line of pieces of proof that he is just not into being with you, OP, and I feel awful saying this, but come on, what's it going to take? Let this one go...find someone who adores you!

Just let this guy go already. I don't know how he can make it any clearer that he's just waiting for you to finally give up.

Find someone who wants to be with you...who makes the time...answers your Skype calls...who does want you to visit him for the weekend. This just isn't the guy for you. Let him go and move forward. Find that right guy.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:03 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Who is paying for the therapy?

Old 04-25-2016, 05:15 PM

We were going to go dutch on the session.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:28 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,887,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
She ended up telling him to focus on himself, go make friends, get his life together etc.
Did you hear her say that to him? Or is that what he told you she said?

Old 04-25-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Did you hear her say that to him? Or is that what he told you she said?
Well I emailed the therapist, after he told me, he heard this from her, but she told me, she never told him any of this, so he was saying it, and by the looks it, didn't want to go the appointment. As of right now, he is under a lot of stress, and dealing with his own issues, like for one, the passing of a family member, so he's turning to his family and friends for support, since my supporting methods isn't working.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:11 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,342,412 times
Even a couple's therapist has an obligation to not disclose what an individual says to him/her privately. Something's not adding up here.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Even a couple's therapist has an obligation to not disclose what an individual says to him/her privately. Something's not adding up here.
Well like I said, she did tell me, she never advised him to go hang with his friends and focus upon himself. She simply told him to go see his own 1 on 1 therapist, but she would not see him as his 1 on 1 or as a couple therapist, for him and I. She wouldn't even allow him to call her to talk to her, because he isn't a client of hers.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:22 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
Well like I said, she did tell me, she never advised him to go hang with his friends and focus upon himself. She simply told him to go see his own 1 on 1 therapist, but she would not see him as his 1 on 1 or as a couple therapist, for him and I. She wouldn't even allow him to call her to talk to her, because he isn't a client of hers.
But you said in the first post that she told you to give him her number so that he can call her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships