Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 12:56 PM

785 posts, read 953,471 times

Advertisements

I was out of town last week for work. Actually just two states over in Utah. I ended up locking eyes with this gorgeous woman. I got her number and didn't hear from her for two days until she texted me back.

I was leaving soon but long story short we ended up having breakfast and making a very serendipitous connection. It was amazing!

Lucky for both of us I'm going back to Utah next month for my job. It seems that there could be something there.

I think she works from home but her home base is Utah. I can move around and work anywhere so it seems to be a good sign.

I'm just curious if some of these LDRs in this thread are a result of love while traveling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 02:11 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Nope, fling only. Still worth it, though!

Any LDR I was in started as an in-town romance and then one of us moved.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
I am happy for your serendipitous connection.

Old 04-26-2016, 06:15 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Thanks for letting the guys here know that not all the gorgeous women are taken!

Old 04-26-2016, 06:33 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,790 times
Men are always much more interesting to women when they are traveling a good distance from home.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:00 PM

785 posts, read 953,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I am happy for your serendipitous connection.
Ha thanks! Could be nothing, could be something. Live life right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Thanks for letting the guys here know that not all the gorgeous women are taken!
Yeah she's a knockout. Just needed a little push with confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Men are always much more interesting to women when they are traveling a good distance from home.
Yeah I think as a guy you care less when you travel. I know that's the case for me, but I don't always try and pick up women while traveling. It just happened.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:20 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
Ha thanks! Could be nothing, could be something. Live life right?

Yeah she's a knockout. Just needed a little push with confidence.

Yeah I think as a guy you care less when you travel. I know that's the case for me, but I don't always try and pick up women while traveling. It just happened.
It was the same for me when I traveled a lot as a young, single guy. Did most of that in Summer on my bike. I never did actively try to meet women on these trips, like you said, it just happened. Usually when I'd stop somewhere to eat or at a convenience store for gas and road snacks. No LDRs resulted from any of these random encounters,though. I did the LDR thing once, and only once. Didn't work for me or her. Boiled down to one of us having to pull up stakes, and walk away from careers and lives we had built. Wasn't enough feeling there for that, for either of us. But it was a really good time while it lasted, and no hard feelings when it came time to carry on elsewhere.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:18 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,100 times
Yeah, I travel off and on (both for work & for pleasure) and have had some great short-term flings/hook-ups. I especially like these, because the women know they won't see me again - so there's no chance of there ever being any long-term emotional attachment.

I especially like hooking up with married women on these trips; this is typically when they're travelling on their own for work (they sometimes have time in the evening). These women are especially just looking for some casual short-term fun...

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 04-27-2016 at 05:41 PM..

Old 04-27-2016, 05:30 PM

1,530 posts, read 2,415,635 times
Met a women 25 years ago when I was in Sales we have had a "same time next year" relationship ever since. Get together 4/5 times a year. I am married she not. Just one of those things that works for both parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships