Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 09:50 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,891,819 times

Advertisements

I would think the bigger issue would be the fact that mommy and daddy bought the apartment for the brothers, instead of them becoming self-supporting adults themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 11:10 AM

37,496 posts, read 45,805,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I would think the bigger issue would be the fact that mommy and daddy bought the apartment for the brothers, instead of them becoming self-supporting adults themselves.
That.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:59 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,842,621 times
Quote:
Yes, this.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:12 PM

61,430 posts, read 86,526,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Date a woman who's into quiet sex with the door closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
And if she's not (or you're not), just ask your brother to go out for awhile. The odds are likely that he may make the same request of you.
Have sex at the woman place. Who said the man has to accommodate?

Old 04-27-2016, 12:14 PM

52,011 posts, read 52,464,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Date a woman who's into quiet sex with the door closed.

I agree.

Living with a brother is better than parents, but at the end of the day it's the same as having roommates, if a woman is fine with a man having a roommate then I wouldn't see a problem with it. Note, at 26 you're still pretty young and roommates are common when you're younger, as you get older more and more women might not be down with dating a dude with a roommate, whether or not it's your brother.

This has been debated ad nauseam here and for the crowd that says a 38 yr man with roommates is ok, you'll find an equal of amount of people that balk at middle aged men having roommates, just sayin.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:16 PM

61,430 posts, read 86,526,431 times
Quote:
Really? Why? Maybe the apartment was a gift, or part or inheritance, or it was a great deal/investment. It has nothing to do with their kids inability to self support. You are assuming...

Old 04-27-2016, 12:20 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,842,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Really? Why? Maybe the apartment was a gift, or part or inheritance, or they thought it was a great deal/investment. It has nothing to do with their kids inability to self support. You are assuming...
The person you replied to didn't mention ability. They said they weren't self supporting. That is true. If someone is capable of self supporting themselves, but still doesn't, that's only slightly better than them not being able to. Even among the well off people I know, very very few buy something like a condo or even a car for their kids, they want their kids to earn these things. It's part of training someone to be self sufficient in the world.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:25 PM

52,011 posts, read 52,464,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Really? Why? Maybe the apartment was a gift, or part or inheritance, or they thought it was a great deal/investment. It has nothing to do with their kids inability to self support. You are assuming...
I kind of agree. I grew up broke, poor, without two nickels to rub together. Everything I've got in my life I've had to fight for, that being said I used to sorta look down on people that were that next strata up from me, basically I was envious, but I've gotten over that. Just because you're given a head start in life doesn't automatically make you a bum, if you're a hardworking person doing all the right stuff and on the right path in a life a hand up like that can be a good thing for young people. Again, it's got caveats and for all we know the parents have the place in their name and could be using it for a various reasons, tax right offs, investment, etc etc.

There's always more to the story.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:26 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,662,335 times
Well, in this case it seems as though your parents are still supporting you, so that would be a turnoff for me.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:27 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,358,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Well, in this case it seems as though your parents are still supporting you, so that would be a turnoff for me.

Same here. Anyone who can afford to have their own place and become independent, but chooses to live with their parents or a relative, is a Failure To Launch in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships