Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 09:25 AM

29 posts, read 42,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If you don't care about what we or anyone else thinks, why the heck are you posting on here asking for our opinions?

Sorry, that doesn't compute.
I clearly asked about what people think about 2 brothers living together. I kinda knew that I would crap from some people if I mentioned that my parents bought the apartment for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 09:26 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Nodt View Post
I clearly asked what people think about 2 brothers living together. I kinda knew that I would crap from some people if I mentioned that my parents bought the apartment for me.
Then why did you mention it?

Seems like you got your answer.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:30 AM

22,420 posts, read 47,402,095 times
Quote:
Everyone lies in this world. Only people who don’t know how life works put emphasis on honesty – if you are not cheating, you ain’t trying. You can’t win honestly in a dishonest world. Period. Some get it, most don’t.
No, everyone does not lie. That fact that YOU do - and brags about it - speaks volumes.

That is a bigger problem than you living with your brother in housing bought for you by mommy and daddy.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
No, everyone does not lie. That fact that YOU do - and brags about it - speaks volumes.

That is a bigger problem than you living with your brother in housing bought for you by mommy and daddy.
volumes about what? does that make me a bad person? am I hurting someone in the process? So, just because I decide to lie about my living situation, because I know the kind of crap that MEN, not women, MEN, get when they still live with their parents or had something handed to them, such as a car or house, then it suddenly makes me a bad person?

just because I know how crappy this world is, and how nobody really cares about you, and all they care about is getting theirs, about how difficult the modern world is and how tough financial life has become, how everyone lies and pretends to live the perfect life on facebook, social media, etc. How everyone gets in debt for cars they CANNOT afford, so they give the appearance of having more money than they really do? and I decide to tell a little lie, which doesn't hurt or affect anyone, except making me look a little better, then I'm a ****ty person?

Old 04-28-2016, 09:37 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:
volumes about what? does that make me a bad person? am I hurting someone in the process? So, just because I decide to lie about my living situation, because I know the kind of **** MEN, not women, MEN, get when they live with their parents or had something handed to them, then it suddenly makes me bad person?

just because I know how ****ty this world is, and how nobody really cares about you, and all they care about is getting theirs, about how difficult the modern world is and how tough financial life has become, and I decide to tell a little lie, which doesn't hurt or affect anyone, except making look a little better, then I'm a ****ty person?
Yes

Old 04-28-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yes
So be it then

One more ****ty person in a sea of billions, out to get theirs, and ****ting on everyone else in the process

Welcome to the real world.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:47 AM

52,010 posts, read 52,457,444 times
OP, this thread has gone off on the typical tangent that they typically do, yeah, you probably shouldn't have mentioned that the parents bought/own the condo you guys live in.

The crux of the thread was whether or not people think it's just as bad living with your brother versus the parents. Again, as I've been hammering on in this thread it's akin to having roommates and some women are either going to be ok with it or not.

It's nobodies business whether or not you own it or the parents bought it or what ever the hell counter argument comes up. If you're just causally dating a woman it's nonya as for it's concerned for her to know, if you become more serious with a woman at some point you might want to let her know, she may or may not have a judgement about the ethics/morals/values or whatever of your parents funding the apartment.

To continue sniping back and forth about whether or not you are lazy or have no work ethic or spoiled or a whatever hasn't got anything to do with the original premise of the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships