Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2016, 02:21 AM

16 posts, read 12,977 times

Advertisements

How unromantic. If a man asked me to sign a prenup, I'd of ended it right there. My man knows that his money is my money and my money is his money. Is she worth it is the question? My man says I am. He don't care all he wants is me! How awesome is that? You made her feel like you may one day get divorced. You were very unromantic. On the other hand maybe she had in the back of her head she wants half already. I'd make this a long engagement and think some more for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 04:48 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
but she won't allow me to meet with the lawyer next week before I can make a decision

Do you think I am being shallow and materialistic for wanting a prenup?
She won't allow you? Don't allow yourself to be manipulated in doing what's best for yourself. You're not married YET and it would be foolish to not protect your assets. She has no right to say you can't go either.

Remember what happened to Sir Paul McCartney?

Go see the attorney. There may be a way to set up the money you put away for the house and NOT have to sign a pren-up wit your local laws. Then you won't have to ask her to sign anything.

I'd still be weary if she gets upset though. Huge red flag.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:00 AM

Quote:
But she brought up whether or not I would ask for a pre-nup if we got married. I considered it on my own, and was going to bring it up later on in the engagement, but she brought it now.

She became very upset and started throwing up even when I said yes, I wanted one.

Is that wrong or negative of me? She says I have till next month to withdraw the pre-nup request, or she will break up with me, cause it's not worth continuing therefore. Or if she marries me, she will definitely not have kids, she says as a result of it. What do you think?
She brought up the pre-nup first? Why would she even be thinking about one when you never mentioned one? That should tell you something.

All that other stuff is threats. Doesn't sound like a good way to start off a marriage either.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:09 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
She sounds uncompromising and unwilling to discuss it or attempt to be reasonable. Her threats and bully tactics are unacceptable. For that alone, I would dump her.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:45 AM

What's next? Her threatening divorce every time you don't follow her demands? Then you'd wish you got the pre-nup.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:47 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
I got an appointment with a lawyer. I am set to go over the legalities and facts of what a prenup entails with her. However, my gf says that I have to choose between her and wanting a prenup in a future marriage. She says that either I accept her for who she is and we get married like I promised we would, and without the prenup. If I say she has to come to an agreement on a prenup with me she walks, no matter how sweet the prenup deal is.

She says she will not sign one, no matter what is in the prenup for her. So I have to choose between marrying her without one, or choose to not marry without a pre-nup, but she won't allow me to meet with the lawyer next week before I can make a decision as to what is best. She will not do couples counseling either, marriage, this summer like I promised, or nothing she says.

I have to choose love and marriage over a prenup she said. Do you think I am being shallow and materialistic for wanting a prenup? What should I do based on her giving me this response? I love her and don't want to lose her, but I do want to meet the attorney first to see about my assets. What should I do to be fair to her?
You stated:She lives from paycheck to paycheck and has 50 dollars only in her bank account right now. Where as I have enough money to buy a house, which I am looking for right now. So with this current situation, I thought it would be best to say yes to one, just in case.

I would not want to marry a woman that is not financially stable. Be sure to wear a condom, if you have any bed activities. She is not mentally, emotionally or financially ready as an adult based on your posting. She doesn't want to review the prenup, she doesn't want to do couples counseling, she doesn't .....

I would walk!

Old 05-19-2016, 07:55 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
What's next? Her threatening divorce every time you don't follow her demands? Then you'd wish you got the pre-nup.
I agree. You are going to hate yourself and resent her.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:00 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
We're getting played. THis is a kid that lives at home that barely knows this person, and it is EXTREMELY unlikely there are any assets to protect. This is a big joke.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:59 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
We're getting played. THis is a kid that lives at home that barely knows this person, and it is EXTREMELY unlikely there are any assets to protect. This is a big joke.
Exactly. There were too many holes in his original story so he modified it.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:19 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,627 times
I wonder if she was the breadwinner, would she still refuse to sign it.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships