Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 10:59 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Why do you prefer doing the approaching then? Being the initiator then?
To me it feels right. If I didn't approach women they would whine how I have "no balls".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 11:07 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
To me it feels right. If I didn't approach women they would whine how I have "no balls".
Never understood why it has to make a guy lack balls, and why a guys Balls are a symbol of strength and power, remember what Betty White said about vaginas

Old 05-24-2016, 01:09 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
They might...or they might not...not all women are this tough a crowd.

Nasty self-entitled "it girls" probably are. The average woman...well, I know an awful lot of women who are with quiet, shy men and happy.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:11 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Why do you prefer doing the approaching then? Being the initiator then?
Because being passive is torture. Waiting is torture. It is stressful. I want to minimize stress, so I act, or choose not to act.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
They might...or they might not...not all women are this tough a crowd.

Nasty self-entitled "it girls" probably are. The average woman...well, I know an awful lot of women who are with quiet, shy men and happy.
You obviously have read some of the posts from the women on this forum they're so rude towards men who have never dated. Not you JerZ because I agree with a lot that you say. Just some people here are harsh and confrontational when it comes to this subject.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Because being passive is torture. Waiting is torture. It is stressful. I want to minimize stress, so I act, or choose not to act.
Pretty much this.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
This is what I've heard from a lot of people (men more frequently than women): that passively waiting for someone approach takes away your choices.

It does and it doesn't...women certainly have our ways of making our wishes known and "encouraging" a proposal of a dinner date. We always have. We may not (always) be officially asking, "Would you like to go out with me?" but we're positioning ourselves in the immediate vicinity of our intended, dressing a certain way, smelling a certain way, initiating conversation, being verrrrrrrrrrrry interested...passivity isn't always 100% passive.

But it's personal choice, whichever way a person wishes to go, or both (someone who typically likes to be approached won't necessarily NEVER approach...ouch, the grammar, but you get the idea).

Old 05-28-2016, 05:57 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
I don't really believe in the "Beta Male" myth. Some guys might be more extreme in that way, but I think most guys are probably closer to the middle. And human beings are all just actors anyway. I have always tended to have more luck aggressive females, but it's really because they are just easier. There is some attraction but not when they are too aggressive. I even like some who are quiet on the outside but more aggressive once you get to know them better. I have shown more Alpha traits when I am around a shyer woman that I am attracted to. But if she shows the slightest signs of rejection, then my confidence with her will usually die completely.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:17 AM

739 posts, read 843,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
I doubt the OP's main issue is his shyness. I notice multiple things in his first post that strike me as just plain weird (and not the "good" kind of weird).
Gotta love these armchair psychologists that get off on insulting people for no good reason. If I'm in a situation where someone is socially awkward or comes across a bit weird, I will go out of my way to help make the person feel comfortable. Some people are just a**holes and prefer to beat the person down and treat them horribly. If you have to insult someone to feel better about yourself, what does that make you?

Old 05-29-2016, 07:04 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,755 times
Like I said before, if I had good reference experience with women, then I feel very likely I would not be frustrated over having to be the approacher and initiator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships