Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 07:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,077 times

Advertisements

Frankly I got fed up with her social media usage

Texting was great, she always replied and texted me first

BUT

Snapchat was dreadful. I've only had it five months and she had been on it for a year.She would send me snaps daily but wouldnt reply to mine.I told hr "just stop sending them"

She said "i just want to tell you how my day is" and i said"ok text then because im done with snapchat", then she said" texting is for converstaion, snapchat is just a quick hey heres my day hows yours"

i just told her im done because it was stressing me out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 07:16 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,657,080 times
I bet that whole conversation was typed out rather than communicated verbally in real time.

I think I can start looking forward to the sweet release of death now and leave the rest of you to your weird social media love lives and robot-slave future.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:16 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,748,584 times
That's called "incompatibility." She does some things in a way that you can abide.

Better to know now.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:40 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,440,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I bet that whole conversation was typed out rather than communicated verbally in real time.

I think I can start looking forward to the sweet release of death now and leave the rest of you to your weird social media love lives and robot-slave future.
Have I told you lately that I love you?

That this is even a thing in a relationship boggles my mind.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:42 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,099,186 times
And I get concerned when me and Mr. CSD facetime with each other when the moon is blue........

Old 05-01-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyandymal View Post
Hasn't anyone else done this?
It's pretty much an overreaction.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
how
You're BREAKING UP because you don't like how she does Snapchat.

She sees it as a form of nonverbal communication. You got your feelings all hurt because she didn't do it the way you want it done (replying to your snaps). Most people I know just snap and don't expect a pat on the head after every one.

So instead of seeing it as her reaching out to you because she likes you, a nice thing, you're being critical and kicking her to the curb because she didn't give you the validation you apparently wanted.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:12 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,099,186 times
Quote:
I'm not trolling? I'm serious. Hasn't anyone else done this?
Done what? Broke up over social media? I am sure they have but I am also sure they are under the age of 17......

Old 05-02-2016, 07:22 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,911,866 times
Quote:
yea ike i said the texting is fine but dont snap chatme that you had been studying all day but dont reply when i say i have been cleaning
A snap of you vacuuming with just an apron would have stopped the Snapchat problem.

Or at least that would have worked for me as she dry heaves when that pic comes in to her.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:38 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,919,626 times
Hey, kid, I'm way old. There was no snapchat or Twitter or cell phones or Facebook when I was young. I've learned about this technology since I'm still alive and want to keep up. BUT...

...my husband used to leave for work at 6:30am and off he'd go until he returned at 4:30pm or thereabouts. He'd sit in the kitchen while I finished cooking supper and we'd talk about our respective days. By the time the meal was on the table, we were pretty much caught up with the events of the day.

...now people text or tweet every bloody minute of the day. To someone they're going to see in a couple of hours. Unless there is a limb hanging off or bleeding from the eyes, none of it is important enough to be relayed instantly. That doesn't matter, though, because since we can, we must.

So since there's nothing to talk about when you get together at the end of the day, you don't talk. OP, you need to find a nice Amish girl who doesn't know from technology and you won't have to put up with her constant communication. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships