Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:40 PM

73 posts, read 84,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
The girls you are attracted to are not serious, long-term relationship material.
You do not want a serious, long-term relationship.
So you are attracting the "right" type of girls, at least for now.
There's prob some truth to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If youre currently single, and been in previous relationships....they all were the wrong types, Lol
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs1n View Post
Have you considered it as just a numbers game? Whatever you consider to be attractive may very well be limited in quantity. So then it is incumbent on you to decide wether to stick to your guns and continue (against tougher odds) to find the right one, or to relax your "checklist" in order to be able to cast a wider net than the one you've been using in your pursuit of a lasting relationship.
Yea i'm going to have to stop basing it so much on appearances. That should only be a small part. I'm understanding that now with this crazy mofo i'm currently dating. I unfortunately have to learn everything the hard way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 02:31 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie4me View Post
I have an issue with falling for the wrong type of girls. Generally the type is as follows:

- Either career driven w/ no time for a relationship or very active socially w/ no time for a relationship
- Highly attractive w/ emphasis on superficial stuff like outward appearance
- Manipulative
- Very active on facebook/social media(somewhat narcissistic)

----------

I've been dating pretty actively for the past 4 years and it seems this is the type i keep getting either falling for, seriously dating, or getting in a relationship with. I was starting to think the problem was women, but I've realized it's me. I don't seem give the girls who don't fall into these categories a chance b/c they strike me as boring/not sexual/etc... I know that's a stupid assumption, but I'm just realizing this... Anyone else made these same mistakes and figure it out/corrected themselves?
What are you looking for?

Old 05-05-2016, 02:35 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I would say more than 50% date the wrong types until they find happiness with somebody (or alone). It is normal.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:18 PM

971 posts, read 689,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie4me View Post
I have an issue with falling for the wrong type of girls. Generally the type is as follows:

- Either career driven w/ no time for a relationship or very active socially w/ no time for a relationship
- Highly attractive w/ emphasis on superficial stuff like outward appearance
- Manipulative
- Very active on facebook/social media(somewhat narcissistic)

----------

I've been dating pretty actively for the past 4 years and it seems this is the type i keep getting either falling for, seriously dating, or getting in a relationship with. I was starting to think the problem was women, but I've realized it's me. I don't seem give the girls who don't fall into these categories a chance b/c they strike me as boring/not sexual/etc... I know that's a stupid assumption, but I'm just realizing this... Anyone else made these same mistakes and figure it out/corrected themselves?
I did this once. Met a beautiful, smart woman who could carry a conversation. Got drawn in by looks and intelligence. She was NO FUN as a girlfriend. Like you said, always worried about her looks/hair, what everyone else thought and couldn't keep a phone out of her hand.
I let her looks get in the way of my better judgement. Won't happen again.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:38 PM

19,715 posts, read 20,244,680 times
If you're meeting these women online, (or in the same place) expect more of the same... ~ Expand your definition of "beauty". Not all attractive women come with that particular set of issues.

Old 05-05-2016, 05:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Stop looking at the same types. Look at someone not your type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships