Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,912 times

Advertisements

Me and my girlfriend get into huge heated arguments over little things. It's taking a toll over both of us. Does anyone have any advice on how we can settle down? Here are some examples:

I.

My girlfriends birds are some little SOBs! They squawk 3:00 in the morning. She doesn't do anything about it! She won't tell them to hush or put them further away from the bedroom. Also, she refuses to cover them at night. When I was little I had cousins who had birds, they would put a quilt over the cage and they would fall asleep quickly and not wake until the sun comes up. One night I blew up and my girlfriend got upset. She said I'm insensitive to her pets. What??? It's hard to keep a lid on when I have to get up and go to work in just a few hours.

II.

My girlfriend once got really mad at me for eating some spaghettios past the expiration date. We were getting ready to watch "101 Ways to Die", and we prepared a quick dinner before the show began. She fixed some chips and queso and I dumped a serving of pasta into the microwave. I randomly mentioned that the food is one month past the expiration date. She asked me was I going to eat it. I was like yeah, I'm not going to waste food! And $1.99 wasted. I could've use that amount of money to get one of those small size moscato wines at the gas station or something. She totally went off on me, saying that I could get food poisoning and said that she would hesitate taking me to the ER if I got really ill...because I should "know better". Who gets sick from eating shelf food just a month old? I think she overreacted!

III.

I started lifting weights and I eat a stricter diet to aid in muscle gains. I also take some supplements. I take fish oil, vitamin c, zinc, etc. I eat a lot of broccoli, garlic, eggs, beans, etc. I also take whey protein supplements. The diet and supplements seem to be helping me, but they give me horrible gas! I try to be polite and practice some restraint. I try my best not to break wind in front of my girlfriend. One day, however, she inhaled some of my flatulence. It wasn't intentional though. Her car was in shop, and I was heading over to pick her up from work. About a few minutes away, I felt awful, like I was going to literally explode! I let several large ones rip. Hey, I was alone in my car, I didn't think anything of it! When I arrived at her workplace, I went up to her floor and chatted with some of her co-workers. About 15 minutes later, we went back to my car and to our horror the smell was still there. The car was fumigated! It smelled like a pile of trash outside a White Castle or something. My girlfriend got really grossed out and she yelled at me all the way home. Again, I thought she was overreacting.

I want these fights to end, how do we gain control of ourselves?

Old 05-05-2016, 06:48 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
You sound like the typical guy that has a typical relationship, Lol

I do think, shes overacting a bit.

How long have you two been together?

Old 05-05-2016, 06:50 PM

513 posts, read 429,271 times
First, how old are you two? Two, how long have you been together? And three, how long have you been staying together? You both sound immature and not for each other AT ALL. Someone's gonna have to grow up, fork over some cash for couples therapy, go back to living in separate places until you two grow up, or split.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:53 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
1. Spend the night in your own home.
2. Tell your girlfriend she does not have to take you to the ER she can step over your dead body and tell the police why she didn't can for help as they are arresting her for whatever they come up with.
3. Invest in Beano or Gas X and quit being so disgusting, flatulate outside of the vehicle.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:55 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Draw a line in the sand. Tell her your relationship cannot continue if she continues to overreact.

BTW, keeping birds in your room is a quicker route to getting seriously ill than eating out of date spaghettios.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:16 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
You can google ways to fight fair and learn to express yourselves without yelling etc.

Does she respect you? It's hard to tell from your extremely detailed anecdotes.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:21 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,483 times
I know a lady who had birds in her house and she is now suffering from pulmonary fibrosis. An incurable and progressive lung disease. Her pulmonary doc said he suspects the birds feathers and feces may have contributed. Birds are a bad thing to own as pets. Just a thought to consider.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
i think you BOTH are overreacting to each other. perhaps instead of telling her she should cover her bird cage at night, why dont you do it? and dont let the little things get to you, it just eggs her on, and then she eggs you on, and you get into a vicious cycle.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Gawd stay away from each other.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:35 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
You both need to grow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships