Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 05:00 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVaslovik View Post
It will happen when you are not looking for it.
Not really.

OP you should always be looking.

Always be planning.

Always be ready for an opportunity when it comes your way.

Get some cards made with you number and a little info about yourself.

When you meet someone you like, have your convo....give her one of your cards....and let her know that you would like to take her out some time.

Boyfriend or not....if she is interested she will contact you.

I have had women tell me they have boyfriends and still ask for my information.

Have been hit on by married women.

Have even met single women that wear a wedding band to "keep the guys away". Below average women doing this.

Sometimes women lie. Not sure why. Don't really care. Just know that it happens.

By giving her your number you put the ball in her court and give her the opportunity to choose if she wants to deal with you.

Be cool. Stop trying to generate a relationship. And focus on talking to as many women as you can.

If one or more in particular don't want you. Oh well. Their loss.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:03 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
I don't know, honestly, I feel for the guy. Guys have no success in OLD; they're told to meet women IRL. They say that's hard, they're told to go where their peers are. They go where they're peers are, now they're basically creepers.

OP, you may be a little overzealous, so turn it down a notch. But I would imagine this IS how people in college meet - they walk up to one another. I hope you don't take this the wrong way but are you only reaching for the best-looking, most popular, etc. girls? If so, let's face facts. They are probably already seeing someone. Go for girls you find interesting in a variety of ways. I'm not saying you ARE doing this, just searching around a bit for possible reasons you haven't gotten any yeses at all.

Meanwhile, as I said, tone it down a notch. I'm guessing (again, could be wrong) just from your general tone here that you're perhaps a bit over-eager. Maybe start the conversation about something that's going on around the two of you, or a class you share or something, rather than launching right into asking whether they'll go out with you. And for the love of ham, boy, DON'T say "Well, will you take my number and ask any of your friends if they'd be interested?" because dear dog but that reeks of desperation. Why not say you'd love to be friends, she should look you up on (unmentionable social site) or something like that, THEN leave it alone? Tell her it was nice meeting her. If she does "Friend" you or whatever then you've just broadened your social circle.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:11 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,522,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaoudeyeh View Post
I arrived to Fargo as a PhD student and currently searching for a girl to have relationship with. I searched extensively for girls in the University's Library and some in-campus locations.

I talked to more than 25 girls so far. Virtually all of girls keep telling me they either have boyfriends, dating, or otherwise have a crush. Do I search in the wrong location where girls are too busy studying and do not want interruptions? Some of these girls gave me their Facebook IDs and I noticed from their profiles that they indeed have boyfriends. The thing is that I ask most of them whether they have single friends that could be interested in dating and all of them (except one) gave negative answers.

Most of them were willing to get my phone number so that they set me up when they remember one of their colleagues who can be interested in dating. I wonder whether this is just to get rid of me peacefully or some women can be really willing to do so. Any comments are appreciated.
Yeah the initial reaction is they are letting you down politely.

Im not an expert on university campus life but maybe they don't want a boyfriend that's also onsite/studying etc ...... Like they don't want to mix business with pleasure sort of thing

Or they just don't find you attractive of course......LOL

Old 05-07-2016, 07:01 PM

924 posts, read 751,573 times
Quote:
I don't know as that I would agree with that....have heard this on and off for years, but it's never quite worked out that way.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva Braun View Post
I don't know as that I would agree with that....have heard this on and off for years, but it's never quite worked out that way.
For me it's been quite true

Just shows how subjective it is

Old 05-07-2016, 08:48 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaoudeyeh View Post
I arrived to Fargo as a PhD student and currently searching for a girl to have relationship with. I searched extensively for girls in the University's Library and some in-campus locations.

I talked to more than 25 girls so far. Virtually all of girls keep telling me they either have boyfriends, dating, or otherwise have a crush. Do I search in the wrong location where girls are too busy studying and do not want interruptions? Some of these girls gave me their Facebook IDs and I noticed from their profiles that they indeed have boyfriends. The thing is that I ask most of them whether they have single friends that could be interested in dating and all of them (except one) gave negative answers.

Most of them were willing to get my phone number so that they set me up when they remember one of their colleagues who can be interested in dating. I wonder whether this is just to get rid of me peacefully or some women can be really willing to do so. Any comments are appreciated.
You sound kind of socially awkward. Unless you are unusually good looking or have superb social skills, you will not be able to cold hit girls in the library or most other locations at school.

You would do better to do things at school that will put you in repeated contact with girls and talk to them and get to know them a bit over time.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:26 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Quote:
OP do not listen to this because doing this is a recipe for dying alone.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
OP do not listen to this because doing this is a recipe for dying alone.
Again it's true for me... I've had better luck when it's come unexpectedly as opposed to when I go out all dressed up and looking for some action

Hes not suggesting that he stops looking altogether and wait for one to fall on his lap mate LOL.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:34 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Again it's true for me... I've had better luck when it's come unexpectedly as opposed to when I go out all dressed up and looking for some action

Hes not suggesting that he stops looking altogether and wait for one to fall on his lap mate LOL.
I personally prefer taking action now. Women who approach me get the shutdown fast because I'm not interested in women who approach men.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I personally prefer taking action now. Women who approach me get the shutdown fast because I'm not interested in women who approach men.
That saying is more of the unexpected nature to it not who actually approaches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships