Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 08:10 AM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times

Advertisements

In the almost 15 years we've been married, my wife has worn make up one time. That was for our wedding and the only reason she wore any was her daughter was determined it would make her beautiful. Told her she didn't need anything for that. She already was.
I don't see anything wrong with a little make up, but can't see a woman sitting or standing there for 15 minutes putting all that stuff on, just to take it off in a few hours.

A pastor at my ex's church, an independent southern Baptist, said in his sermon one Sunday that there's nothing wrong with a little make up from time to time. "Every old barn could use a new coat of paint every now and then" was his comment. His usually quiet wife spoke up with "Who are you calling an old barn?" That got a lot of AMENs from the congregation. lol

Old 05-08-2016, 08:13 AM

151 posts, read 126,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Men say they don't like makeup, but the thing is they have no idea when a woman is wearing makeup. Women who know how to put on makeup - which is many of us, since we've been playing with makeup since we were in middle school - know how to make it look either natural or flattering to our features (dramatic for an evening out, perhaps). So many men don't realize when a woman is wearing eyeliner and mascara, and that makes a HUGE difference in a woman's appearance.
My high school girlfriend actually had me watch her put her eye makeup on so that she could show me the difference. Not that she wasn't attractive without it, but it really was night and day. That basically dissuaded me from ever making any comments about whether women are wearing makeup or not - you all are experts on this particular subject and I'm just not.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:23 AM

29,738 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Not every woman has porcelain skin or big eyes or full lips, so if she wants to use makeup to cover her rosacea or define her blonde eyelashes, or make her lips look bigger, than that's on her. Doesn't mean she looks like a clown.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:39 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
I loathe makeup. I hate the feeling of it on my face. So I tan to make myself feel better and look like I have a glow (please dont lecture me), put on blush, and gloss. That's about it.

I feel that guys expect more out of women. Am I wrong on this one?

Iike a woman without .makeup. I've only ever dated one WO.an who used it, and it drove me nuts. My lady uses a little eyeliner and lipstick , occasionally. That's it. She doesn't need to bon do her face. Its beautiful on its own. Her cheeks have a natural blush, and her skin a healthy glow. She has a couple facial scars from he car wreck, but they are hard to see. The doctors did good fixing them and they don't embarrass her. Hell, I have scars from my wreck too, so I guess we match. Mine are more prominent, as well.

No, I don't think most women need to have a body shop on their dresser. Mine sure doesn't. I also grew up around cowgirls, and outdoor type women. They have no time to slag her their faces with goop. I suppose there are certain occasions where a woman might want to make up a bit, and thats fine, but daily , nah.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:18 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
guys will say they hate make up but they would hit on this woman with the make up and not without.
Females with lots of make-up are perceived as being easier targets.

I consider a lot of make-up to be a turn-off.

Wear what makes you comfortable.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:46 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Females with lots of make-up are perceived as being easier targets.

I consider a lot of make-up to be a turn-off.

Wear what makes you comfortable.
In what way? I've never once in my life thought " oh great she's got lots of make up on I'll try her " sort of thing

if I were to see one that's over done it with the make up I'd either think that she's been reading the wrong fashion magazines or a deeper problem of low self esteem.....

In both cases i wouldn't think they were easier targets

Old 05-08-2016, 11:53 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
In what way? I've never once in my life thought " oh great she's got lots of make up on I'll try her " sort of thing

if I were to see one that's over done it with the make up I'd either think that she's been reading the wrong fashion magazines or a deeper problem of low self esteem.....

In both cases i wouldn't think they were easier targets
It may be the old-fashioned thing creeping in.

In older times, the only women who wore make-up were prostitutes and showgirls -women whose careers were based around being noticed and entertaining. Make-up was seen as immodest and attention-seeking. So if a regular women was wearing it, she probably would be perceived as easy and openly looking for male attention.

So nowadays, even though anyone can wear make-up, some guys still may see it as a woman trying to look dolled up to get men to notice her. Some guys will take it as advertising or an invite to attention because she won't be dolled up if she weren't looking for it. Flawed thinking, but it happens.

Last edited by HappyRain; 05-08-2016 at 12:03 PM..

Old 05-08-2016, 11:59 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Less is more.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:03 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
It may be the old-fashioned thing creeping in.

In older times, the only women who wore make-up were prostitutes and showgirls -women whose careers were based around being noticed and entertaining. Make-up was seen as immodest and attention-seeking. So if a regular women was wearing it, she probably would be perceived as easy and openly looking for male attention.

So nowadays, even though anyone can wear make-up, some guys still may see it as a woman trying to look dolled up to get men to notice her. Some guys will take it as advertising or an invite to attention because she won't be dolled up if she weren't looking for attention. Flawed thinking, but it happens.
What!!! Is she not happy with staying at home both cooking and cleaning all day?....... How dare she!! LOL

Yeah that's quite a valid point actually and didn't look at it that way so think you may well be right there nilla!

Flawed thinking LOL that's probably the best way possible to describe dating I'm sure at times LOL.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:11 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,372 times
This makes me think of the... does size matter question. If a guy asks you that, you're probably going to say nope, size doesn't matter.

So, I'm going to go with makeup doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships