Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 08:22 PM

22,556 posts, read 47,605,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
There is something you don't know. Dead giveaways:

1. The frequency. None of the friends at these "slumber parties" have significant others or children? They all have plenty of time to do this 2 or 3 times per month?

2. The sudden on-set. Until 4 months ago, no slumber parties. Now, 2 or 3 per month. Hmm.

3. Her anger when you said you want to do the same.

She is not being honest about something.
I an leaning towards believing all this....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 08:22 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,045 times
Default Lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konceldur View Post
I have a rather strange issue that perhaps to you isn't a big deal but I think it's really strange.

Some background: I am 28, wife is 26 and we have been married 2 years. We met at a previous job we both had and dated for 2 1/2 years before finally getting married.

Things have been pretty well all through out but from the title there is one thing that really bothers me. For the past 4 or so much she has been going to these slumber parties with her friends and she does it I would say 2 or 3 times a month. She will leave at 8 and not get back till 10 or 11 the next day. I brought up to her saying I don't have any trouble with her having girls night out even if late but having actual slumber parties seems a bit much and even kind of childish. She said I was making a big deal out of nothing and was just being jealous?

Anyway I decided to drop it and had some friends of my own that I haven't gotten to see much since I got married and thought hey while my wife is at her slumber party I could be staying over with my guy friends, not as a slumber party or even sleep just stay up late hanging out playing video games etc.

Well when I told my wife that she got furious, I asked her why it was okay for her to stay over all night with her girlfriends but it was wrong for me to do so with my guy friends. She responded with "guys don't have slumber parties". Which I never referred to it as but she did. It just really bugs me. I think either she should either stop with the whole slumber party thing or allow me to stay at my guy friends place when she has hers.

LOL ... I think it is a wicked idea. I missing slumber parties with my friends. I think the last one I went to was for a bachelorette party. It is not exactly what you might think it is. Men don't get this stuff. It is usually girls/women staying up late fooling around, talking, play games and having fun all night. Ohhhhh I miss slumber parties!!!! Good times. I think for just about all of my teen years to early 20s I was either sleeping over at a friends house or people where sleeping over at my house. Oh the mischief we would get up to. You wife is lucky she still has friends willing and able to do that stuff. My husband would not be cool with me sleeping over at friends houses now (he is a pain in the butt that way) so I get why you are unimpressed with the situation, but it likely a really fun break for her. I wish I had friends like your wife. Lucky lady!!! My friends don't want to do anything without their kids or husbands. When I want to get a break from my husband the last thing I want is to do is deal with someone else's husband. Women can not have the same level of fun and act as crazy and silly with men and their kids around.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:26 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,571,033 times
A n adult woman going to a slumber party 3 times a month? STRANGE!! In Jr. High we didn't even have them more than 3 times a YEAR. Are her friends also married? The fact that she doesn't want you to hang with your friends makes me think she's been less than honest about what she and her friends are doing. Or maybe she is just still stuck in preteen/teen type activities.

Last edited by Harpaint; 05-09-2016 at 08:36 PM..

Old 05-09-2016, 08:31 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
So, all female orgy 3 times a month. Cool, Lol

Old 05-09-2016, 08:40 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So, all female orgy 3 times a month. Cool, Lol
I think the couple should compromise...... He should be the referee LOL

Old 05-09-2016, 08:45 PM

1,504 posts, read 850,566 times
You would> imagine that a woman would want to sleep with her husband. What is this stuff? Arrested female development. Just like a married man who has ten of his buddies over to drink beer and watch sports....hey...you are NOT in high school anymore.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
You would> imagine that a woman would want to sleep with her husband. What is this stuff? Arrested female development. Just like a married man who has ten of his buddies over to drink beer and watch sports....hey...you are NOT in high school anymore.
The odd night out of the blue is fine or even 3 nights out a month is not a problem surely?

Not this particular situation but in general, you don't have to be with each other for every second of every day do you? Personally I think it's essential to go out with your respective friends at at least once a week " to let off some steam " for a health relationship

Old 05-09-2016, 09:51 PM

4 posts, read 4,312 times
All her friends are single and even a bit younger than her, some she also met at work. I know she's not sleeping around with men because on a few occasions she has forgotten something and asked me to bring it by. I've went and hear pop/rap music and these girls are all in their pjs and I have also seen alcohol.

As I said it wouldn't bother me as much if she would let me hang out with my friends.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:53 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
"Let you"???

You're an adult. Just make plans and go.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konceldur View Post
All her friends are single and even a bit younger than her, some she also met at work. I know she's not sleeping around with men because on a few occasions she has forgotten something and asked me to bring it by. I've went and hear pop/rap music and these girls are all in their pjs and I have also seen alcohol.

As I said it wouldn't bother me as much if she would let me hang out with my friends.
Awwwww don't be scared mate she's your wife..........We won't tell ( LMAO! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships