Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 09:53 AM

63 posts, read 132,760 times

Advertisements

If this is not fiction, the gal IS having a very good time, whatever she is up to...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 10:54 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Nimity View Post
I've noticed a pattern to these very well written initial posts by someone new. Creative and well written. They do lure us in though...
Got me hook, line and sinker.

You know it's peaked your curiosity too.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:58 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
If this is not fiction, the gal IS having a very good time, whatever she is up to...
Almost as believable as your profile picture actually being you.

Old 05-11-2016, 01:24 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konceldur View Post
I have a rather strange issue that perhaps to you isn't a big deal but I think it's really strange.

Some background: I am 28, wife is 26 and we have been married 2 years. We met at a previous job we both had and dated for 2 1/2 years before finally getting married.

Things have been pretty well all through out but from the title there is one thing that really bothers me. For the past 4 or so much she has been going to these slumber parties with her friends and she does it I would say 2 or 3 times a month. She will leave at 8 and not get back till 10 or 11 the next day. I brought up to her saying I don't have any trouble with her having girls night out even if late but having actual slumber parties seems a bit much and even kind of childish. She said I was making a big deal out of nothing and was just being jealous?

Anyway I decided to drop it and had some friends of my own that I haven't gotten to see much since I got married and thought hey while my wife is at her slumber party I could be staying over with my guy friends, not as a slumber party or even sleep just stay up late hanging out playing video games etc.

Well when I told my wife that she got furious, I asked her why it was okay for her to stay over all night with her girlfriends but it was wrong for me to do so with my guy friends. She responded with "guys don't have slumber parties". Which I never referred to it as but she did. It just really bugs me. I think either she should either stop with the whole slumber party thing or allow me to stay at my guy friends place when she has hers.

ahahahahahhaahahaha what

Old 05-11-2016, 01:44 PM

1,166 posts, read 755,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
There is something you don't know. Dead giveaways:

1. The frequency. None of the friends at these "slumber parties" have significant others or children? They all have plenty of time to do this 2 or 3 times per month?

2. The sudden on-set. Until 4 months ago, no slumber parties. Now, 2 or 3 per month. Hmm.

3. Her anger when you said you want to do the same.

She is not being honest about something.

Agreed, none of this is normal behavior for an adult married woman. I would be inclined to borrow a friend's vehicle and do a stakeout of the next "slumber" party.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:39 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
I used to tell my mom that I was spending the night at a girlfriend's house ... I lied.
Just sayin.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I used to tell my mom that I was spending the night at a girlfriend's house ... I lied.
Just sayin.
Been there done that.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:57 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
Well, I go away without my husband, and I usually leave on a Wednesday and return on a Sunday, sometimes to Vegas, and yes, there is liquor involved. He is free to do the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Roughly twice a year, my husband has a guy's night out where 10-15 college buddies bar hop and stay the night at a hotel (no way for them to safely get home). All of them are married, and most have multiple children.
I am really not trying to rub shoulders but obviously both of your cases are entirely different. You can't compare your traditionally planned and agreed "get away" with a couple who obviously are struggling with sensitivity awareness issues.

Going away to Vegas or having a girl's night out at a hotel, which is pre-planned in advance, is fine. But random slumber parties are totally different and this lends itself to unhealthy behavior- especially when it is obvious that after the 1st month, your spouse is a bit concerned- but you disregard otherwise. The frequency rate of 2-3 per month is excessive and without care for the integrity of the relationship.

Now, would you think it is ok to be going out 3 times per month staying until 10AM the next day?

Old 05-12-2016, 04:18 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
I love your screen name.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:44 PM

10,068 posts, read 7,239,454 times
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the term "slumber party." Kids do that in high school. I imagine pj's and pillowfights, lol.

Adults hang out, have "girls night" "guys night" etc... There's nothing wrong with that, although once a week sounds like a bit much.

She's just 26, and since they've been dating since she was 21, married at 24, it's quite possible she did not get a lot of fun nights out (or in) with same sex friends when she was younger. I was got out of a string of relationships around age 25 and again at age 29 and I hit the club scene pretty hard those years. If she's just found this group of "hang out friends" I can understand the desire to socialize with them.

Married life is often dull, so I can understand the wife wanting to hang out with these friends, especially if she didn't get much of that from ages 18-22 which is when most people do it.

Like other said, I'm a little skeptical of the frequency and the necessity of staying the whole night each time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships