Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2016, 01:00 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That's for you to decide. But I certainly wouldn't be leaning over to my friend and saying "OMG, they're crappy parents" or going to a board and complaining about the "crappy parents" I saw. That's the difference. Negative thoughts is one thing, saying those thoughts behind someone's back is something else. If I'm concerned for their feelings, which I agree one should be, don't say these things at all. Its mean to be said, whether they hear it or someone else hears it.
"Behind someone's back" shmack. I sure would say it to my husband. OMG that poor kid. Type 2 diabetes by the age of 10.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:00 PM

477 posts, read 314,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
As you claim to be Black Democrat Childfree Atheist

So you like to be called N-word? Not?

Well, women who are called ugly by you are treated just as badly by you than black people are called by n-word. Calling someone ugly express negativity towards a person, non-acception, discrimination and despicing attitude. Ugly in this society is inhuman and kicked, unwanted another without respect.

If you don't accept to be treated unfair because your blackness = looks, why would you bully and misstreat women that are not your ideal? You don't actually have to bring up ugliness at all, people can choose their word to not insult those that they are not personally attracted to.

That is the main part why it is my favourite... Guys are biting their own leg...

There is no reason to call people ugly, that is bullying term.

Calling people ugly is insulting.

And everyone who becomes "ugly" to you is able to be pretty and ideal to someone else.
That is very poor example! A thoughtless insult on an internet forum is NOT comparable too slavery, institutional racism during reconstruction, or the jim crow laws of the south. The N-word, in the context you are using it, is symbolic of all this.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Thank you. Finally someone gives me some credit. People here think I'm a total monster. Sheesh!
I think you're wishing people thought more about you, period.

I am not seeing any great conspiracy against you specifically, Dissenter. Until you poke your face in to reach for the attention people don't mention you or anything.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:04 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
I am only using ugly as an adjective for the purposes of Internet convos. I have to describe an appearance, what adjective do people want me to use? Ugly to me may well mean beautiful to someone else.
But when you do use it it's very revealing as to how you feel deep down (like it or not, "ugly" is a VERY negative word, usually a jeer...otherwise, "unattractive" or something equally simple would be used) and that almost certainly projects outward no matter how you try to hide it, which is the point so many of us have been trying to make with you and others who think disgusted, disdainful things about the opposite sex but wonder why they're getting nowhere with dating.

What would you think my opinion of men in general was if I said a certain man wasn't attractive to me? OTOH, what would you think if I said a man was an ugly dork with gross hair?

Old 05-12-2016, 01:04 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
What are they doing talking about the guys here? Why are the guys here so important for everyone to talk about?
Because they either start threads or contribute to them with their whining, "poor me, why don't those unfair women see how great I am" attitudes.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:05 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Because they either start threads or contribute to them with their whining, "poor me, why don't those unfair women see how great I am" attitudes.
These people are apparently on another forum concerned about guys here.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:08 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
But when you do use it it's very revealing as to how you feel deep down (like it or not, "ugly" is a VERY negative word, usually a jeer...otherwise, "unattractive" or something equally simple would be used) and that almost certainly projects outward no matter how you try to hide it, which is the point so many of us have been trying to make with you and others who think disgusted, disdainful things about the opposite sex but wonder why they're getting nowhere with dating.

What would you think my opinion of men in general was if I said a certain man wasn't attractive to me? OTOH, what would you think if I said a man was an ugly dork with gross hair?
To be honest there would probably be a dude who would date you because he agrees with you.

People who say such things don't care what anyone thinks of them.

I wouldn't think such a thing because I am not that type of person regardless of what anyone else thinks of me.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:08 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

The only thing I would think is you don't like THAT guy.Why would I make the leap to think you are talking about all men when you are describing only one guy?

Old 05-12-2016, 01:09 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times
Quote:
Calling someone the N word is FAR more serious matter than calling someone who you aren't physically attracted to ugly.

Just keep telling yourself those lies, it makes you justify your bullying and you can keep going.

Quote:
I am only using ugly as an adjective for the purposes of Internet convos. I have to describe an appearance, what adjective do people want me to use? Ugly to me may well mean beautiful to someone else.

You must know that young women are committing suicides because they are called ugly, fat etc. (as well as men)

What this hypocrite social media and society does? Keep calling them ugly and blames the victim to have too thin skin.

Is that righteous and good manners?

Harriet Walsh branded 'fat and ugly' by bullies killed herself after feeling 'second best' | Daily Mail Online

Girl hanged herself after being called fat, inquest hears | UK news | The Guardian

Bullying Suicides: An Ongoing List

When people are going to take bullying seriously? When people are going to finally stop it? Why anyone should become called ugly? Why people are expressing their dislike towards other people by the ways that they are committing suicides?

Old 05-12-2016, 01:09 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Try "less attractive".

And how about "rejects"? Surely you can find a better way to think of them than that.

It's not the fact that you use the words. It's the fact that the words represent how you feel about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships