Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 07:07 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,443,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
He did.
Well to me it's just a case of you married the wrong person and you need to get a divorce. Pretty simple really. I wouldn't be surprised if your husband sensed you still had feelings for ex bf and he just lost interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 07:20 AM

458 posts, read 329,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Well to me it's just a case of you married the wrong person and you need to get a divorce. Pretty simple really. I wouldn't be surprised if your husband sensed you still had feelings for ex bf and he just lost interest.
That's very possible.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:20 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
I married a passive man. He did not do much chasing at all. He said he preffered to be chased. In my opinion, I think men are bred/born to chase whether they are laid back or more assertive, right?
No. You couldn't be more wrong.

The only reason men pursue is because of socialization. Some men are "bred" to pursue, and some parents simply aren't involved in that socialization at all.

If they do not get that socialization at home, they MIGHT get it in society in their day to day dealings with women. MIGHT. Because in this day and age of passive aggressive behaviors like relying on text messages and going after women on social media as a working strategy for men expectations are rather low. You married him. You already knew how he was so I'm not sure why you're surprised.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:52 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Pieces of Flair View Post
Men have been the pursuers for millennia. Men who didn't pursue were (and I would argue still are) typically biological dead ends.

I never chased. Shy I guess, or as mom used to say, "bashful," and a buddy's mom would say "afeared of wimmin."

Didn't hurt me tho as I had a soul mate for 47 years until death parted her and me.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
I never chased. Shy I guess, or as mom used to say, "bashful." Didn't hurt me as I had a soul mate for 47 years until death parted us.
It's never hurt me either. I've always been the first to initiate, and I've expressed my feelings right away and let her know how I feel. From then on, the ball is in her court. I've never chased for some indefinite period of time. If I didn't hear anything, I just assumed they were not interested and moved on.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:08 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
When I was young I kinda shy and passive but I was good looking so girls went out of there way to introduce themselves to me and basically do all the work. I mean even older women use to hit on me lol.

I was almost in the position of the average woman in the sense that all I had to do was simply say yes or no thank you and didn't have to put myself out there. Soon after I became more aggressive and confident person which expanded my options even more. But I would never advise any guy to sit back and wait for things to come to him. I have no doubt in my mind that if I was ugly or even average I would've been a virgin till I was 20.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
When I was young I kinda shy and passive but I was good looking so girls went out of there way to introduce themselves to me and basically do all the work. I mean even older women use to hit on me lol.

I was almost in the position of the average woman in the sense that all I had to do was simply say yes or no thank you and didn't have to put myself out there. Soon after I became more aggressive and confident person which expanded my options even more. But I would never advise any guy to sit back and wait for things to come to him. I have no doubt in my mind that if I was ugly or even average I would've been a virgin till I was 20.
Yeah, I definitely would not encourage a guy to sit back and not do anything. The chances of him dating are slim to none in that case. On the other hand, chasing someone endlessly seems desperate and pathetic to me, if not stalkerish. I was also passive when I was younger. I asked several girls in high school and got turned down. I was also chubby and didn't have much confidence. Losing the weight and hitting the gym hard did wonders for me.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:59 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Whatever works for you.. I just will never understand people who think all men should think and act exactly the same way and have the same wants and needs and women the same.. People are different even amongst the same gender as hard as that is for you to believe

The degrading and name calling of men who don't act how you want doesn't come of well either.. It makes somebody seem like a child who's stomping their feet and asking all men to act the way she wants to make her life easier..

Old 05-14-2016, 09:04 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
Yes, I think men chase but women lead. But I know a case when a woman chased and it ended up in a divorce. She also earned a lot of money and he took half of it.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:07 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Nice timid thread here even though OP threw a type of man under the bus.

This is and the other one that centered around a poster will be a few I remember. Glad I don't spend a whole lot of time here anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships