Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:40 PM

50 posts, read 128,621 times

Advertisements

I meant to say "years" after that 12. Didn't want anyone to think I've had 12 husbands, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 01:25 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmywho View Post
When I hear people talking about only wanting to date in their own race, I picture a mother yelling at her kid to stay out of the deep end of the gene pool. Limiting yourself to one race is the same as only hanging out in the shallow end of the gene pool wearing water wings and a diving mask.

Diversity is a good thing in genetics. I think it's one reason that we typically find mixed-race people so attractive.
Oh my god. I'm picturing some reverse-nazi doing punnet squares about what her kids will look like with her "ethnicity of the week" boyfriend. NERD! No, wait... Nerd isn't quite right... IGNORAMUS!!

Old 06-25-2008, 01:44 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,709 times
I'm white.

I've had two relationships with black women. Although they were great women, the relationships didn't work out. The first was because we both ended up just having different goals. The second one was receiving a lot of flack from her family. Although I was saddened by it all, I agreed in the end to break it off, because I believe in families and maintaining relationships in both. But if her family was that strong against it, there would inevitably be problems.

I also have dated several asian women. Although what I'm about to say doesn't hold true for all of them... as a generalization I noticed that Asians don't take things (like family and education) for granted, and were very respectful. I married an asian woman and we were married for almost 14 years and had three kids together. In the end it didn't work out because we slowly drifted away and our goals down the road (in planning for retirement) started to become farther and farther from each other's.

I am married to a white woman now.

I can't say one was better than the other (except for my current wife now of course... you're the best, honey!!). But in my perspective, I just want a woman who treats me as well as I treat her, and shares the same values and morals.

As a caveat.. I will say this.. I did date a woman once who pretty much broke up with me after she found out I had dated black women. Can't say as I completely understand it.. but we all have our differences.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:19 PM

539 posts, read 1,804,644 times
I think that the amount of inter-racial dating is decreasing (sorry, I can't remember the article to cite) but only a few fractions of a point. Could be that what was considered inter-racial years ago isn't seen the same way these days.
I've dated several women outside of my (perceived) race but none that only dated black men. I don't know... I just don't like it when a girl tries to limit me to her expectations.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:45 PM

33 posts, read 97,021 times
I think that men are more into interracial dating than women because of their sexual needs. Personally I prefer white boys (im white) or white and mixed. My boyfriend is 1/4 Swiss 1/4 Italian 1/4 Hispanic and 1/4 Blackfoot Indian. He looks like hes white and hispanic mixed and he is soo sexy.

But for me personally I am not attracted to asians, blacks, mexicans... A lot of it has to do with the people you were brought up with and around in your life.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:47 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
ya mixed is hot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondesexlove View Post
I think that men are more into interracial dating than women because of their sexual needs. Personally I prefer white boys (im white) or white and mixed. My boyfriend is 1/4 Swiss 1/4 Italian 1/4 Hispanic and 1/4 Blackfoot Indian. He looks like hes white and hispanic mixed and he is soo sexy.

But for me personally I am not attracted to asians, blacks, mexicans... A lot of it has to do with the people you were brought up with and around in your life.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:51 PM

tell me about it. lol mixed guys... awwww so sexy!

Old 06-25-2008, 05:02 PM

6 posts, read 5,296 times
Quote:

I'm not really attracted to blondes. Its a preference. I'm attracted to a a few races. Which combination of mixed guys do you find attractive? Black/white, white/Asian, what?

Old 06-25-2008, 05:25 PM

white hispanic mostly. ill be honest i am not racist at all but i am not sexually attracted to blacks or asians at all. i may think that they are cute but when it comes to what i am attracted to sexually blacks and asians dont do it for me at all. I like american white boys with a tan skin tone. so mostly white+hispanic mix, but mostly on the white side.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:29 PM

6 posts, read 5,296 times
Quote:
white hispanic mostly. ill be honest i am not racist at all but i am not sexually attracted to blacks or asians at all. i may think that they are cute but when it comes to what i am attracted to sexually blacks and asians dont do it for me at all. I like american white boys with a tan skin tone. so mostly white+hispanic mix, but mostly on the white side.
White Hispanic is not really mixed. If a white person and a Hispanic has a child together, they're classified as white, not mixed. But, I'm black and I'm not really attracted to blondes or tan girls, Hispanics, or Asians. I prefer pale brunettes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships