U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 08:23 PM

1,637 posts, read 930,247 times

Advertisements

So this weekend i met this lady a starbucks coffee shop and she asked me if I want kids ever and i said no while I think kids are cute i do not want to raise a kid
My only intention was that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with a beautiful woman by my side
So she didnt took it quite well

But it was also the same thing with another woman on OKC i spoke to recently
Im in my mid 20's and it seems most woman expect a child at some point but i don't
I only want someone to be my partner

Would a woman ever want to stay with me if i don't want kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 08:24 PM

43,169 posts, read 41,773,101 times
Women who don't want kids would. There just aren't as many of those.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:27 PM

5,578 posts, read 5,091,475 times
Sure! You just need to continue to be up front about it.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Sure! You just need to continue to be up front about it.
Yea i almost think of getting a vastectomy so that way to ensure i never get anyone pregnant.
But its better to be honest than to say well i want kids but someday but i really don't

Old 05-14-2016, 08:33 PM

36,595 posts, read 41,876,404 times
Sure, if she also doesn't want kids.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:35 PM

4,564 posts, read 3,794,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Sure, if she also doesn't want kids.
This. There are a number of people who don't want kids. But like anything, the trick is meeting and hitting it off with them.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
This. There are a number of people who don't want kids. But like anything, the trick is meeting and hitting it off with them.
Thats true
But should I be honest about it from day one or should there be a certain right time to tell a woman I don't want kids?

Old 05-14-2016, 08:52 PM

36,595 posts, read 41,876,404 times
You should always be honest from day one.

You should also be socially appropriate. If a woman strikes up a conversation with you in Starbucks, no, it's not socially appropriate to be all, "Before we continue this conversation, near-total stranger, think it's best to inform you that I don't want kids." Obviously.

Address things honestly and clearly as they come up organically. Don't avoid and mislead and omit, but don't frontload inappropriately, either.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:11 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,195,476 times
Be honest about it from day 1 for sure. You don't want someone falling for you that wants kids.

I'm a woman and I don't want kids. Sometimes its hard because I still meet some men that want them. Other times it's not so hard because I'm 37 and many men have already had kids and don't want more.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:17 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,618,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
So this weekend i met this lady a starbucks coffee shop and she asked me if I want kids ever and i said no while I think kids are cute i do not want to raise a kid
My only intention was that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with a beautiful woman by my side
So she didnt took it quite well

But it was also the same thing with another woman on OKC i spoke to recently
Im in my mid 20's and it seems most woman expect a child at some point but i don't
I only want someone to be my partner

Would a woman ever want to stay with me if i don't want kids?
They are out there; I don't ever want any children (and I was like that in my 20's as well). It's definitely not universal for all women to want children. I've also had a long-term relationship where my partner also did not want children (neither does my fiancé now) so it's definitely possible for you to get into a relationship where your partner does not want children either.

Quote:
But its better to be honest than to say well i want kids but someday but i really don't
Definitely the only way to go. That's a recipe for disaster to keep that kind of stuff from someone.

Quote:
But should I be honest about it from day one or should there be a certain right time to tell a woman I don't want kids?
When it looks like things are heading toward a developing relationship, I think that's the right time. Here's what I did with my fiancé, but then we're both eccentrics so this may not be the most common thing to do (also we met on an internet forum, so it was probably easier to do it this way too). After talking back and forth for about a month and then communicating that a relationship would be something we're both interested in, I shot him an email about all the negative things I could think about me that I imagined he'd want to know upfront. I think the thing about children was in there; I know it was something we discussed early on. Personally I think that's the best way to go; honesty is the best thing to have in a relationship, so I feel very strongly about laying all your cards on the table and saying that this is how it is with me. Of course, all that stuff is just going to be from your perspective so it's not like it's going to be anything objective.

Last edited by Basiliximab; 05-14-2016 at 09:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships