Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 06:07 PM

11,195 posts, read 9,030,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
I'm glad to see that the OP took a mini-break from his own serious issues to contribute to the thread entitled "thinking about somebody else during intercourse." If it helps, by all means offer your insights.
OP's screenname is the femaleslayer....LOL

Old 05-15-2016, 06:14 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,180,594 times
The entertainment industry pretty much tells guys "don't worry it doesn't matter if you didn't get laid in HS, college is a sex free for all where you're going to be having threesomes with cheerleaders every night"

So when they actually get on campus and realize none of that is true, the same guys who got all the women in HS are getting them in college they feel like they've been Lied to.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:18 PM

102,099 posts, read 107,250,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by femaleslayer View Post
This is true, but the only reason I spent those years in front of a screen was because I was too shy to do anything differently. I'm a victim of my genetics.
What genetics? Were either of your parents cripplingly shy? Somehow your dad manages to get dressed in the morning and go out to work. What about your mom?

Therapy, OP. You're a victim of your own choice to give into your fears. Own it.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I want to work for a woman/family, but I have no woman/family to work for.
You need to get the job first. Then, once you're on your way to a career and savings, you can think about choosing a partner and talking about having a family. But you have to be able to support yourself first, and create a savings for your future. Women aren't going to be interested in a guy who, like the Cowardly Lion, is afraid of his own tail, and can't go out there and do his job.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I'm a great guy once you get past my initial shyness. I'm also pretty cute. If I had a gf, my career ambition would skyrocket. I'd do whatever it takes to make her happy (other than make the first move).
Girlfriends come and go. What would you do if there was a breakup? Quit your job, because you had no partner to motivate you?

Pretty dumb. You're making no sense, and are talking like a child. These are just excuses so you don't have to go out and look for a job. How are you going to explain to your parents that you can't get a job because you're terrified and because you don't have a girlfriend, so they'll have to support you until a girlfriend miraculously materializes out of nowhere?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Will you be applying for SSDI then? That might turn some women off.

No. Too hard to get it and I don't need money.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You don't need money? Because your parents have agreed to support you the rest of your life? Everyone needs money. There is no Princess Charming who's going to discover you, sweep you off your feet, and support you because you're "cute". You need to grow up and go out into the world, and find your own job. (In fact, it's hard to believe your fantasy is for real, and that you're not just setting us up.)

What are you going to tell your parents when they inevitably ask you when you're going to look for a job? When are you going to break it to them that they'll be supporting you forever?

Old 05-15-2016, 06:25 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,332,794 times
This is a question for anyone who claims they have never gotten a date but want one (desperately) - would you date you? And why?

Seriously, after reading through this thread, I can't help but wonder why anyone would want to saddle another human being with fixing all the ills in his life? No woman deserves such a burden, pinning all of a guy's expectations on his developing into a functioning adult on this female unicorn/scapegoat.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:33 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,273,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You need to get the job first. Then, once you're on your way to a career and savings, you can think about choosing a partner and talking about having a family. But you have to be able to support yourself first, and create a savings for your future. Women aren't going to be interested in a guy who, like the Cowardly Lion, is afraid of his own tail, and can't go out there and do his job.
I'm sure he wants a job. He just wants an employer to to make the first move and give him one, Lol.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm sure he wants a job. He just wants an employer to to make the first move and give him one, Lol.
He should ask his dad to set him up with a job, then. When all else fails, there's nepotism.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:17 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,280,945 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but the sole motivator for anything in life as a man is to get women. It's hard to have any sort of ambition when getting women seems so futile.
Wrong.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:37 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,604,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

Ahahahaha.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships