Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 01:41 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times

Advertisements

See her as soon as you can. I think what people are getting at is that you two have had like 500 days to idealize each other. Sometimes two people correspond like this and click when they meet, but that's mostly coincidence.

You don't really start to know a person until you spend time together and let all of your senses form impressions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 04:44 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
I don't know. It kind of feels like you waited too long.

You can certainly give it a shot at this point but I'd be VERY clear, no more beating around the bush. Women, like men, will absolutely lose interest over time, and I don't know whether your friend is like this but I know for me, if I'm not clearly feeling anything reciprocal regarding certain feelings then the feelings just sort of die. Again, not saying your friend is absolutely like this but 15 months is a heck of a long time. If you still want to, give it this one shot, this one time and be clear about what you want.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:43 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Have you video chatted/ skyped? Ever watch Catfish?

Old 05-16-2016, 07:24 PM

953 posts, read 842,941 times
Too much time may have passed in this situation. You made it clear that you were involved with school, but you really need to maximize every opportunity since you never know what the future holds. Her comments about you should be viewed as encouraging and it may yet work out ... however, please be realistic because this is not a slam dunk by any means.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:32 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
i disagree that "too much time has passed"

i've known several different couples who just messaged each other or wrote sporadically on and off for over a year or even more (with one couple it was over two years) and then finally when they did get around to meeting they ended up dating seriously, and ended up getting married

so it's not necessarily a bad thing to have a long time elapse. it can work in your favor. you both have stuck around long enough and are still interested in meeting, that is a good sign. people can not-yet-meet for a variety of reasons: school, work, not available to date, seeing someone else, just got out of a relationship and need time before dating again

i think it is much more of a red flag if someone pushes to see me right away, quickly, because then i feel pressured. if they are willing to take it a relaxed pace, no pressure, and are still interested in actually meeting me one or two years down the road, that to me is a positive sign.

best wishes

Old 05-16-2016, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 261 times
Even though it's been 15 months at least you got to know her somewhat on a mental level now it's time for you to step up your game send her cards & Roses save up money to fly her out to see you show her you're ready to step up to the plate your not a average guy. Start figuring out what kind of King she is looking for and make sure she is ready to be your Princess that you need it's know or never you have to show her that you are not Basic and like the men in her past or present . That you will be her king and truly take time out to learn to love her heart like she would want you to , let her know that your going to secure all that she needs from you as her man and eventhing else will fall into place, dont worry about how long it's been just focus on the future and what you want it to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships