Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 12:49 PM

239 posts, read 724,188 times

Advertisements

Ok I have a female friend that I have talking to for about 15 months since February of last year, she's really pretty, sweet, & friendly. I'm 26 going on 27 next week she's 28, both Single of course. Like I said we've been talking for a while now everything is going good and suppose to be going to visit her later on sometime this year, we live in different states. I have already expressed to her in July of last year that I would like to be in a relationship with her, she said she would definitely like to continue to get to know me better and we can go from there. So she didn't say no and I can respect that I have no problem with what she said. Pretty much we have continued to get to know each other and talk and for awhile. I always talk to her with respect and I'm always nice to her and yesterday we were having a conversation and she told me that she feels really comfortable with me, she said that she feels like she's known me forever, she says she can't wait to see me in person & she's seriously excited to see me.

Ok I have two questions:

Do you think what she said is a good sign for me?

Also what do you think I should do or continue to do to potentially have her as my girlfriend in the future?

You can add additional thoughts if you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 01:01 PM

22,582 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post

Do you think what she said is a good sign for me?
Possibly. But I would say your chances are slim to none.

Quote:
Also what do you think I should do or continue to do to potentially have her as my girlfriend in the future?
Go on an actual date.
Seriously.
Texting/talking for 15 months is ludicrous.

What have you done since LAST JULY (when you told her you want a relationship) to advance your cause?

Meet in February, want to have a relationship in July... then you do nothing since then?

Old 05-16-2016, 01:09 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
An agoraphobic ghost?

Old 05-16-2016, 01:10 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
You better make a road trip soon while she likes you.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:11 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:

Go and see her. Make some concrete plans.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Possibly. But I would say your chances are slim to none.

Go on an actual date.
Seriously.
Texting/talking for 15 months is ludicrous.

What have you done since LAST JULY (when you told her you want a relationship) to advance your cause?

Meet in February, want to have a relationship in July... then you do nothing since then?
I been in school/college so really I couldn't see her earlier. I graduate next month.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:25 PM

22,582 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
I been in school/college so really I couldn't see her earlier.
Sure you could.
Weekends, breaks, holidays... plenty of opportunity if you really wanted to see her.
It sounds like you don't though....

She could have visited you also, if she really wanted to.
It sounds like she doesn't either....

Old 05-16-2016, 01:30 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
You've never actually met?????

Old 05-16-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Sure you could.
Weekends, breaks, holidays... plenty of opportunity if you really wanted to see her.
It sounds like you don't though....

She could have visited you also, if she really wanted to.
It sounds like she doesn't either....
I see where you're coming from, It probably could have happened earlier not saying you're wrong but we definitely do want to see each other though.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:37 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
I have to agree with other sentiments that talking/texting/chatting for 15 months without ever meeting face to face is not the basis for a true relationship.

I get it that there are things like distance and all, but I am not sure why you two couldn't meet even once in 15 months?

I'm not knocking that two people can connect over distance. Chatting or Skyeping with someone online, at least you can see their face and interact with them.

But actually being with each other can be completely different.

I can't say for sure whether it's a good sign or a bad sign, but at least she's willing to meet with you, so that's a positive right? I don't think any of us can say for sure how she truly feels about you based on the limited information we have.

But none of our opinions matter, because you won't know anything for sure until you meet her.

Good luck .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships