Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 11:52 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times

Advertisements

So, 3rd date happened, and it was rather interesting, but definitely more in a good way I think

She had a situation with her roommate and her friend at the start, and so her friend hanged around for like 10 minutes before she went on a date. Was introduced to her as well in the process.

Back to my lady friend, she was coughing quite a bit and told me she was sick, and thought about texting me to reschedule, but ultimately decided to go through with it.

Decided not to get drinks or food, and so ended up walking along the High Line (lower west side in Manhattan) for a couple of hours, which was the main part of the date anyways.

This time, I initiated hand holding (asked if it's alright and comfortable to hold hands and see how cute we both look..lol), and held hands for a while and at a couple of different points. She almost didn't want to because she was coughing and didn't want to infect me, but told her it was fine...lol. Also put my arm around her at one point when I saw she was cold, and she said thanks.

Unfortunately, the first kiss didn't happen, though. Towards the end of the High Line, we were viewing and talking about the amazing Hudson River Greenway. At some point, we stopped talking and looked at and told her that this would be the perfect opportunity for our 1st kiss with a smile. She moved away a bit and said that she can't at this moment, and that she's sorry (wasn't going to to push it any further). Unfortunately, her being sick most likely ruined the moment, lol. Dem the breaks.

It didn't ruin the date (she clearly likes me, so figured I'll get other chances in the future), and it went fine afterwards.

She mentioned taking an Uber or something home, but I offered her a ride home as I drove into the city. She said if her friend could join, and said yeah. Picked them both up and drove em home. Her friend meanwhile had a first date with a guy from Tinder that was a near disaster (seemed like he was bi and was asking her questions about cute guys or something...lol), and so got some laughs going as I drove them home.

One thing that got me questioning is when her friend was on the phone with her roommate or someone, she mentioned her friend's name and her friend's boyfriend (me) driving them both home. Makes me wonder if she's been saying a lot of positive things about me to her friends (not that I'm complaining, ha).

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 06-03-2016 at 12:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 01:02 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
4th date ASAP. And these two hour dates isn't cutting it, man. Plan for something longer

Old 06-03-2016, 01:12 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Sounds like everything is going well!

However now it is time to stop asking and just do. If yiu want to hold hands, hold hands, if you want to kiss her, just do it. Stop worrying and just go for it.

BTW definitely a good sign she let you meet her friend. If she wasn't into you shed be too embarrassed to be seen with yoy in front of a friend

Like Hawaiian said, try to plan for a little longer dates now.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
4th date ASAP. And these two hour dates isn't cutting it, man. Plan for something longer
Her schedule (weekdays at least) is kind of almost set up to do around 2-3 hour dates, though. She has to wake up early on weekdays, and works till 5:30 PM. She's also not a night owl type person from what I see.

A longer type date would have to be planned on a weekend (which I am planning). But for weekdays, it's pretty much out of the question.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:15 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Her schedule (weekdays at least) is kind of almost set up to do around 2-3 hour dates, though. She has to wake up early on weekdays, and works till 5:30 PM. She's also not a night owl type person from what I see.

A longer type date would have to be planned on a weekend (which I am planning). But for weekdays, it's pretty much out of the question.
That makes sense, I think higher frequency of dates is way better than just one long date per week.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Sounds like everything is going well!

However now it is time to stop asking and just do. If yiu want to hold hands, hold hands, if you want to kiss her, just do it. Stop worrying and just go for it.

BTW definitely a good sign she let you meet her friend. If she wasn't into you shed be too embarrassed to be seen with yoy in front of a friend

Like Hawaiian said, try to plan for a little longer dates now.
I usually prefer asking (in a funny and direct way that is) at first when it comes to physical contact.

Now that's she okay with hand holding for example, I can just do it next time without asking. I know others are wired the same way as me.

Yeah, I even think the situation with her friend could have been planned so she'd meet me. Definitely a good sign either way.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:39 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post

I just dont get it; for someone to start dating online and only having two hours a week. I mean, I purposely don't date (for committed relationships anyways) because I only have 3-5 hours a week of free time. I guess, dating in the east coast is different.

Anyways, hit her up for that next date. You guys should be Netflixing and Chill'n by the 5th date

Last edited by hawaiiancoconut; 06-03-2016 at 02:10 AM..

Old 06-03-2016, 02:00 AM

Quote:
I just dot get it; for someone to start dating online and only having two hours a week. I mean, I purposely don't date (for committed relationships anyways) because I only have 3-5 hours a week of free time. I guess, dating in the east coast is different.

Anyways, hit her up for that next date. You guys should be Netflixing and Chill'n by the 5th date
I'm sure she has more than two hours a week free time. She had Thursday and Friday night available after work this week for one.

Haha, as for Netflixing and Chill'n, that may not happen for a long while (she's definitely conservative), but I'm okay with that. Also, she lives with roommates, and I'm at home with my parents and brother.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 06-03-2016 at 02:10 AM..

Old 06-03-2016, 05:54 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Do you ever plan the time length of dates? I can't say I do. I mean, I meet up with someone (like the first date with the last person I dated) and boom, it becomes a 14 hr first date, 12 hr second date, etc. I don't "get" dates with a time limit.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:29 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Do you ever plan the time length of dates? I can't say I do. I mean, I meet up with someone (like the first date with the last person I dated) and boom, it becomes a 14 hr first date, 12 hr second date, etc. I don't "get" dates with a time limit.
If I'd continued dating the last one I went out with, we would have been forced to have time limit dates, squeezed in between when I got off work and he had to go to work. Plus, we only had one weekend day (Saturday) in common.

If I've put myself in a time limit situation for a date, it's a pretty good indicator I'm not really that interested in him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships