Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 07:59 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times

Advertisements

She should pay for her own car.

Also even guys/girls/friends often don't take money for fixing things, I always give something for change. I don't personally like people who use other people for free. I don't want to be used and I dont want to use others. Also I cannot stand people who want discounts from their family, friends etc. because everyone has a family to feed. I could slap one rich dude another day when he begged discount from another person, he has no problems with money so why not value a good job but put it down for asking discount? When ever using someones time, appreciate it and don't stomp it. Bad behaviour and pure using.

Whenever we can, we actually pay some more just because good and trusted workers and good job. I think I learnt it when I was doing things and people said, take this extra, we can trust you, you are doing good job and we want you come again. I put the good forward
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 07:59 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
"Women's lib"? Grandpa, is that you?

Old 05-20-2016, 08:09 AM

161 posts, read 105,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
She should pay for her own car.

Also even guys/girls/friends often don't take money for fixing things, I always give something for change. I don't personally like people who use other people for free. I don't want to be used and I dont want to use others. Also I cannot stand people who want discounts from their family, friends etc. because everyone has a family to feed. I could slap one rich dude another day when he begged discount from another person, he has no problems with money so why not value a good job but put it down for asking discount? When ever using someones time, appreciate it and don't stomp it. Bad behaviour and pure using.

Whenever we can, we actually pay some more just because good and trusted workers and good job. I think I learnt it when I was doing things and people said, take this extra, we can trust you, you are doing good job and we want you come again. I put the good forward

She feels that now since she has a husband it's his job to pay for all car repairs, hers and his.

20,761 posts, read 19,968,204 times
He should buy her a new car to make up for being an idiot.

Married but fight who pays for what? Seriously?

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwebster View Post
Trust me, I've been with them on several outings and when we go to dinner she'll get to the door of the restaurant before us cause we're behind her talking or kidding around. She literally stands there until one of us opens the door for her to walk in. She even has these ideas that when they go out the man is suppose to be the last one out of the house. If he goes out to the car before her, even though she's not quite ready, she'll pitch a fit with him. Been there, seen it.
At least from the many women I know (most of my friends are women), she is NOT typical.

I did once went out with a woman who during dinner said "my wine glass is empty..." in a irritated tone. I honestly didn't notice and I proceeded to pour. Lets just say that that was the last time I saw her. But again, I wouldn't say that the behavior has anything to do with feminism but more to do with personal issues.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:11 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
She feels that now since she has a husband it's his job to pay for all car repairs, hers and his.
They're married. It is one pool of money.

And why is this guy so dumb to marry someone that has this mindset?

Not that this is real, its an incognito gender bashing thread.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:15 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times
Quote:

It is not my fault

Old 05-20-2016, 08:16 AM

161 posts, read 105,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
At least from the many women I know (most of my friends are women), she is NOT typical.

I did once went out with a woman who during dinner said "my wine glass is empty..." in a irritated tone. I honestly didn't notice and I proceeded to pour. Lets just say that that was the last time I saw her. But again, I wouldn't say that the behavior has anything to do with feminism but more to do with personal issues.
And had you stayed with her she would have gotten accustomed to saying something once and watching you jump to attention. No, what's wrong with her grabbing the bottle and filling her own glass? Nothing, however she expected you to do it as a man. Say you continued to date her and eventually moved in together. All she would have to do was say "I'm a little thirsty" or "my glass is almost empty" and instead of getting up and going to the kitchen herself she expected you to wait on her hand and foot.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:19 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
And had you stayed with her she would have gotten accustomed to saying something once and watching you jump to attention. No, what's wrong with her grabbing the bottle and filling her own glass? Nothing, however she expected you to do it as a man. Say you continued to date her and eventually moved in together. All she would have to do was say "I'm a little thirsty" or "my glass is almost empty" and instead of getting up and going to the kitchen herself she expected you to wait on her hand and foot.
Well... that's the point... We would have never made it to even the second date. (I think she considered me too low class for her. I don't give a dam)

Nothing to do with feminism. Just spoiled attitude. I feel for the guy but he let the relationship get to the point of marriage. Now he has to deal with her attitude.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:20 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Sorry, but...isn't it THEIR car?

My ex did all the maintenance on our family cars and home. I would be useless at that stuff. I handled other things that I was good at. Expenses related to cars and so forth came out of our joint account.

Your friends don't really understand the concept of a marital partnership, do they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships