Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 02:03 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Then it took you half a year to Google his name? I'd a done that the first night.
Two years.

Of texting.

People are strange.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:05 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Two years.

Of texting.

People are strange.
yeah, TWO YEARS and NEVER MET?? WTF?

Old 05-20-2016, 02:09 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet16 View Post

I want to understand what was he thinking all this while & why did he not respond me & give me a closure!! Please help!!!!
He was thinking he might be able to "see" you on the side at some point, especially since you continued this faux relationship via text and email for so long.

He didn't respond because he's been caught in his web of lies. He's gone for good now.

Do you really think a married man that carries on with a woman for 2 years is going to apologize to you?

Not going to happen.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:13 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
He was thinking he might be able to "see" you on the side at some point, especially since you continued this faux relationship via text and email for so long.

He didn't respond because he's been caught in his web of lies. He's gone for good now.

Do you really think a married man that carries on with a woman for 2 years is going to apologize to you?

Not going to happen.
I am going one step further: Do you really think a man that carries on with a woman for 2 years is single, only texts you and patiently waits for YOU to finally meet and be happily every after, even if it takes another year or two?

I am sorry it turned out this way but I hope you learned your lesson.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:16 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,646,246 times
It must have been a shock to discover this -- I am sorry you found yourself in this situation.

Be honest with yourself: Do you really want "closure" with this guy, or are you secretly hoping that he can somehow explain away the fact that he's married so that you can continue the relationship?

If you really want "closure" you got it the moment you learned what an a**hole this guy was. You don't need any more closure than that to move on and find someone who is AVAILABLE to have an honest, loving relationship with you. Yep, it stinks that this idiot lied and mislead you, but promise yourself you'll be smarter next time, and then go forward.

If you are secretly hoping that maybe this jerk will give you a reason to continue the relationship, that's not closure you're looking for. That's just stupidity. Hanging on won't lead to "closure"; it will only lead to more pain and sadness and delay you from finding true happiness.

Hugs, and best wishes for happier days ahead!

Old 05-20-2016, 02:17 PM

953 posts, read 842,941 times
Here is my box score on this tale of woe ...

Google (with an assist from God) ... 1.

Janet ... 0.

Having a clear understanding of the difference between reality and fantasy is a prerequisite before getting involved with such a scenario, and you are not even close to being at that point. All rejection is hurtful and most people actually learn important lessons for the future. Hopefully, you will be one of them.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:19 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times
Quote:
One day I have asked him if I can add him on FB. He indicated he has deleted FB years ago after starting to work for Pentagon since he has a Security Clearance & etc, so he avoids social networking altogether.
Total BS mostly used by scammers! I have security screening I work to a well recognized organization that is not true that you cannot use social media what you are not allowed to do is discuss your professional life or what is happening inside. But all my contacts who worked to pentagon, FBI, or even EU parliment has their own private social media accounts and they have bunch of fun as all others.

Quote:
why? - Did he not care for my feelings? - A guy who would 'take time' to text m on Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines day, Christmas day, NYE , who cared for my feelings so much, has suddenly disappeared when I confronted him with evidence??
What you found on the internet is the real owner of the picture and that might be his real name too. But I don't think that person even know who you are. That is what we call romance scammers. They play very nice with your feelings but everything through phone emails apps etc etc..what they do is grab good looking photo from internet and bla bla with woman all over the world in the internet. I hope you took a good lesson.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:22 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am going one step further: Do you really think a man that carries on with a woman for 2 years is single, only texts you and patiently waits for YOU to finally meet and be happily every after, even if it takes another year or two?

I am sorry it turned out this way but I hope you learned your lesson.
They are romance scammers play with people feelings that is what they do. May be who ever on the photo got nothing to do with the man who wrote and called to her.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:27 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
I don't think they ever talked on the phone even.

This could have been a great episode of Catfish!

Old 05-20-2016, 02:28 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
yeah, TWO YEARS and NEVER MET?? WTF?
It can be difficult to guard your heat in an emotional fantasy. The emotions are real for a lot of online romances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships