Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you OK with your spouse/SO going to a strip club etc?
Not at all 18 25.35%
No, but I'd probably get over it 4 5.63%
Yes, anytime 11 15.49%
Yes, for special occasions (bachelor/bachelorette, going together as a couple, etc) 25 35.21%
Yes, but would get bothered if it's too often 13 18.31%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 10:25 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Don't care. The women are professionals. I knew strippers back in the day ... they were either disgusted by the men and their stupid drunken behavior or they were junkies or just lost. They were all very nice but broken souls. I never met a stripper who stripped her way through law school. So no need to be jealous.

I would more worry that my partner cheats on me with a coworker or girl he meets at a bar.

Strippers are professionals ahhahah

They're drug addicts and prostitutes. 1/1000 is a decent person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 10:31 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I would more worry that my partner cheats on me with a coworker or girl he meets at a bar.
That is my observation as well. Coworkers spend a significant amount of time together. It is human nature to feel a closeness if there is even a sliver of compatibility... its up to the person to keep things in check. The majority of the guys that go to a strip club know that all that is offered is a fantasy.

Yes... I will say that cheating/sex or whatever does occur in strip clubs as well. But I too would see more of a chance in a work place.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:32 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,522,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post

That's bollox

I've known 2 personally and were both studying and were both very decent

Old 05-23-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:

Some are..... yes...

But addicts and prostitution exist from people of all walks of life... not just strippers. You only have to dig a little to find nurses, retail workers, models, house wives, students etc.. doing the same.

Some strippers Ive known rarely even drink... they are just pulling a paycheck just like everyone else. They are good people working a unconventional job that is shunned by the wider society.

To say that only 1/1000th is a decent person is the type of remark that I usually hear from a person who hasn't demonstrated any better in their own lives.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
That's bollox

I've known 2 personally and were both studying and were both very decent

Glad to see those 2 you know personally make up the entire population of strippers.

Sorry, anyone who is a stripper chose wrong in life and are almost certainly drug addicts and have sex for drugs on the side.

Sure there's the occasional "decent" one, but really how decent are you if you're a stripper?

Old 05-23-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Glad to see those 2 you know personally make up the entire population of strippers.

Sorry, anyone who is a stripper chose wrong in life and are almost certainly drug addicts and have sex for drugs on the side.

Sure there's the occasional "decent" one, but really how decent are you if you're a stripper?
Right......

The first one had a young daughter to support and was putting herself through university and the second one paid off her Morgage in 4 years as well as studying.

Now they hated it obvious but the first did it to give her daughter the best things possible and the second so she wouldn't struggle later on in life.

They don't do drugs and wasn't sleeping around , your generalisations are bollox mate and you really need to stop watching the television if you think they are all bad or no good etc etc.

Just that you don't approve of them I'm sure they won't lose any sleep over that mate

Old 05-23-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Right......

The first one had a young daughter to support and was putting herself through university and the second one paid off her Morgage in 4 years as well as studying.

Now they hated it obvious but the first did it to give her daughter the best things possible and the second so she wouldn't struggle later on in life.

They don't do drugs and wasn't sleeping around , your generalisations are bollox mate and you really need to stop watching the television if you think they are all bad or no good etc etc.

Just that you don't approve of them I'm sure they won't lose any sleep over that mate

It's just two stories.

Let's face it, you go into a strip club and 99% of them are going to be crack whores looking to get some coke after the show.

Sure, you get the decent person here and there... but let's face it.... majority of the population aren't going to be doing that lifestyle. Defend it all you want, majority aren't going to be upstanding citizens.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Let's face it, you go into a strip club and 99% of them are going to be crack whores looking to get some coke after the show.
You seem to know enough the population of strippers to make such generalizations.

As I said, people who make such statements usually are reflecting on their own shortcomings.

Neither of us have claimed to know the whole population of strippers but you seem to know the population to have made such generalizations. It only takes a small sample to show that generalizations are built on shaky logic.

and Yes.... I do know many.. most are in my circle of close friends. Some have problems.. some do not. No different than any other job.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
It's just two stories.

Sure, you get the decent person here and there... but let's face it.... majority of the population aren't going to be doing that lifestyle. Defend it all you want, majority aren't going to be upstanding citizens.
Or it's an easy way to make money and lots of it

I've known or known of a few that have done it at weekends that work in an office during the week.

I don't know which clubs you frequent mate but most especially here in London are " high class " as they advertise and aimed at the super rich and not the seedy little men that the clubs i suspect your picturing.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:40 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
I've known or known of a few that have done it at weekends that work in an office during the week.
The only one I knew was a NIH scientist, she did it for fun in DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships