Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2016, 07:29 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post

Wow! all I can say is that you are one hell of an amazing writer. I'm thinking of having my eyes removed from my skull, so my tiny brain will never be tainted with an inferior troll job ever again. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Are you looking for some critiques on your Descriptive Paragraph assignment for English 101?

If so: Good use of semi-impressive name brands and status symbols, except for Basic White Chick, that's a Kmart brand isn't it?

Next: If one "never hits on women" because "its for the birds" how do you account for "slipping a business card into the pocket of her North Face fleece" after telling her no when she asked you to lunch?

The adjectives were forced, make sure the story actually makes sense, and we'll try again.
I own like 30 Starbucks. I was obviously chumming up some business for one of my successful investments, as "basic white chicks" love overpriced coffee. The only problem is that a good looking guy like myself is going to get hit on in a situation like that. I wanted to sell her a $5 cup of trendiness, but she simply wanted the D like they all do. You wouldn't know anything about this type of stuff.

Also, you have poor grammar, so your critiques are not in demand at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 07:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yup. Always. Coupled with some users who are getting annoyed by the same stuff or whatever. It ain't ever going to change.

Hell, I just exposed some of myself on this thread to someone that asked. It's still up and I'm waiting for it to get deleted since it's not going to be replied too. Just another lesson I needed to be reminded of.
Your post in reply to my question? I was shocked at your adult examples. It's notable, IMO, that those were men you said did the jeering and churned up nastiness....not women. So...that's still nothing we women can change, correct? And it is not supporting evidence of women, grown women, doing the jeering. Because it was men. Right?

As to your examples of middle school, that was exactly my point: it's children who generally do this. Both girls and boys. The ugly girl gets humiliatingly shoved toward the jock with screams of "she likes you!" and the boy screams "Get that ugly thing away from me" just before Socially Uncool Girl runs away to sob all night and consider either running away from home, or suicide. Sorry, no, it's not just the boys who get tortured for not "performing" correctly when it comes to kids and yes, the socially inept girls get it but good, both from cooool girls and from the boys who tell her how ugly she is, that she smells or who trick her by telling her a cute boy likes her so they can scream laughter when her face lights up. Grow up, boys in general are not exclusively picked on for not being correctly social.

Moving along to your recent horrific interactions with grown men, as an adult, you can stand up to these males who are acting in a way that frankly I can't imagine an adult acting. Say something already, what are they going to do? They lay a hand on you, you get hurt and then call the cops and they go to jail and probably lose their jobs as well.

As a woman I've had a semi mean girl thing go on once or twice and I, a woman, had to stand the hell up for myself. Nobody was going to do it for me including HR, it was all hearsay AND I would have looked like a helpless loser which would have not increased confidence in me on the part of my co-workers or boss. Stop trying to pretend the world is so much harder for guys and it's so sad...behave like an adult and do something about the situation. We women certainly have to, or else sit there and be victims. Why do you think it should be different for men? This is the same for everybody. Everybody, full stop.

Last edited by JerZ; 05-22-2016 at 07:49 PM..

Old 05-22-2016, 07:46 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
You wouldn't know anything about this type of stuff.
Also, you have poor grammar, so your critiques are not in demand at this time.
No, I do not have poor grammar, compared to whom? I never typed "you are a gentleman and a scholar", you inserted your own words here, the things you say are superficial and materialistic to an exaggerated point, and no I am not familiar with women who only want the D.

(Ok, one run on sentence could be considered bad grammar, but being self absorbed and obnoxious are less desirable.)

Old 05-22-2016, 08:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
I have hung out in neighborhoods with a lot of single men, especially IT workers, and I have picked up on a trend.

Anyone else noticing this?

I can't see how this tactic is successful, because most women today still don't have the guts to hit on men.
I read the thread title a bit fast and thought it said, New Trend: Men Want YOU to Hit Them which is what will happen if they "stare at you (if they are brave) or just stand within close proximity to you, AND SAY NOTHING."

[i'm not aware of this trend]

Old 05-22-2016, 10:18 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Oh ya, single mothers know absolutely nothing about being leaders.
No, they don't and the decisions many make to get to that point show as much. You can pretend that they should be celebrating Father's Day, too, but they can't teach young men how to be grown men. Having grown up in such a household, the learning curve is a bit steeper when pops isn't in the picture--and mine wasn't in jail or the initiator of the divorce, either.

If that was the case, single parent households would be much better off.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:28 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
This is where shy men and women have it differently because the average shy girl is still likely to be approached at times by men and have options that way. Also shy women, particularly more attractive ones, can be deemed as cute or sweet, whereas shy men to get the loser/weird/creep/loner tag. Shy women may get labelled as stuck up.
If you come across as a typical redditor stereotype, you're probably SOL. Most anyone else who leaves the couch can get a vibe for when they're not welcome. But, being decent looking or better will cut you some slack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Yeah. Call the cops and scream how you want someone arrested because of your paranoid thoughts. You'll be the one people call nutty when that's all over.
Well, to be fair, the USofGay does "suffer" from more mental illness than anywhere else in the world.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:52 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,263 times
The most true and insightful response to this topic I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Passivity of men can is the result of two things....

1. Men being raised by single mothers OR

2. Men being raised by a passive father

Most guys act this way because they have never been taught how to be leaders. They haven't been taught how to be confident. They haven't been taught how to develop good communication skills. How to be bold. Aggressive. To go after what they want. To not take rejection seriously.

As a result many men go through high school....college and into their 20's or 30's.....never getting the results they want.

These men are not to blame. Those that raised them are.

I sympathize with these guys because I used to be one.

Only one way to bounce out of this type of shy passive behavior is through mentorship.

If I hadn't of met the mentors that I did 6 years ago I still would be.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:15 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
...Afterwards, as we were riding up the escalator to leave, the guys who introduced themselves to me were coming up behind us, at which point my male friend put his hand on my back in clear view of the people coming up behind us, and began stroking his hand up and down my back. I was so shocked by this blatant move to indicate territoriality I was speechless.

I encounter this a lot.

Guys who are clearly not connected to the women they are with will suddenly start touching them or will stand between them and me, when I am nearby. These men think they are staking a claim but all they are doing is showing weakness by communicating to "their" women that I am perceived as a threat. The women, curious creatures they are, will then wonder why -- what is it about me that makes these guys so nervous and uncomfortable?

I meet quite a few nice women because of that behavior.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:42 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
No, they don't and the decisions many make to get to that point show as much. You can pretend that they should be celebrating Father's Day, too, but they can't teach young men how to be grown men. Having grown up in such a household, the learning curve is a bit steeper when pops isn't in the picture--and mine wasn't in jail or the initiator of the divorce, either.
[/url]
Aw, aren't you a funny little boy!

Single mothers become single mothers because the "men" in their lives are passive, abusive, addicted, mentally ill, cheaters, immature, or simply incapable of "leading" the household.

Single moms are running the household, working, making sure everyone is fed, dressed, clean, educated, the bills get paid, the chores get done - basically, running the world - while the boys they left behind are whining to their buddies about what a ****** she was.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:46 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,660 times
Men like to be pursued. This is nothing new. The only difference is our better understanding of sociology/psychology and evolution of societal norms. There are a lot of things that were once considered taboo for either gender. But these "rules" and status quo are changing, and that's a good thing for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships