Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2016, 04:22 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I know this isn't popular but I feel men should approach women not the other way around. I have been hit on and I found it unappealing and lost interest in seconds. This is how I feel. I don't want to be pursued by any woman tbh.
Probably because you have plenty of good references while I don't so I guess it's supposed to make sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 06:02 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Probably because you have plenty of good references while I don't so I guess it's supposed to make sense
I have many women in my social circle now.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

Your woman never gave you any indication that she liked you?

She was very rude and immature. I agree life is a gamble.
Of course she did and she made it very clear but she left it up to me to ask her out which I did.

Old 07-02-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Of course she did and she made it very clear but she left it up to me to ask her out which I did.
So this is probably like your 4th or 5th girlfriend by now

Old 07-02-2016, 08:51 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
I have hung out in neighborhoods with a lot of single men, especially IT workers, and I have picked up on a trend.
You have to take into consideration of the fact that you specified "IT workers". Ask yourself- why did you specify their career fields? And in doing so, one may consider the "technical vs social skills" involved in IT work. Engineers and technical fields that require close attention to working in tight confined work spaces are often, not always, done by less than social types.

IT folk are some of most non-social people I know- and for good reason. They are very heady types that are engaged in information technology and computers. They don't have time to be hanging around offices and socializing with folk. Same how many cops come off as arrogant- it's the line of work that creates a perception.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
So this is probably like your 4th or 5th girlfriend by now
4th and so far my longest relationship overall. Things are going well this time because I actually knew her before starting to date her.

Old 07-02-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
4th and so far my longest relationship overall. Things are going well this time because I actually knew her before starting to date her.
Known her since childhood?

Old 07-02-2016, 10:19 AM

this is what I mean by having a reference, I feel that's the main reason why I never liked the gender role that us guys are expected to approach and make the first move, be the initiator, because if you don't have a reference, it's hard to not take rejection personally, i'd imagine that's why so many guys out there have no problems being assertive or aggressive action-takers, go-getters, pursuers, approach a lot of women and initiate with them, and don't get bothered by rejection because they have a reference, they have had girlfriends already, it's like the equivalent of applying for a job and you have already worked in that certain field before but when you get turned down from the job, it doesn't hurt you as much, hopefully you get the point i'm making, it's just very hard to put into words, so if I had a girlfriend before, then theres a good chance I wouldn't feel this way about that gender role

Old 07-02-2016, 10:46 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
this is what I mean by having a reference, I feel that's the main reason why I never liked the gender role that us guys are expected to approach and make the first move, be the initiator, because if you don't have a reference, it's hard to not take rejection personally, i'd imagine that's why so many guys out there have no problems being assertive or aggressive action-takers, go-getters, pursuers, approach a lot of women and initiate with them, and don't get bothered by rejection because they have a reference, they have had girlfriends already, it's like the equivalent of applying for a job and you have already worked in that certain field before but when you get turned down from the job, it doesn't hurt you as much, hopefully you get the point i'm making, it's just very hard to put into words, so if I had a girlfriend before, then theres a good chance I wouldn't feel this way about that gender role
Coffee is for closers. You've never closed, so no coffee.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Coffee is for closers. You've never closed, so no coffee.
I don't understand that metaphor, but I feel that's a good reason as to what I said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships