Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 04:46 AM

307 posts, read 313,084 times

Advertisements

This is a little bit complicated.
Me and this guy we started off as really good friends for like a couple of years. At the time he was talking to this other girl who he had a brief relationship with for about five months I'd say n then she left the country. and I was in to someone else too.

We started meeting up more often and then he ended up telling me he likes me a lot and that he has . feelings for me. I was surprised because from his end all he ever seemed to do was look at other girls everytime we met up like and then he would look through my phone and talk to all my.friends. He said at the time he was compensating.

To be fair at the time I was in love.with some one else. BUT that other guy had left my life but I was finding it hard to move on. N here was this new guy telling me had feelings but I couldn't let myself be fully engaged or.give.him what he wanted, which was like a proper relationship.

Forward like a year, now I'm way more in to him than I was before but I have no idea how he feels. As at tht time he would talk about his feelings. But we still meet up as before and he actually treats me like we are dating in the sense that he's physical
But when I say to him he doesn't tell me how he feels.and how hes emotionless he says I have a lot of making up to do because of the fact that a year ago I didn't give.him what he wanted.

Also I know for a fact he stil talks to the girl he used to go out with, And that he says the usual things a guy would say to a girl he likes as Iv read his messages.to her before. When I mention that he goes quiet and doesn't say a word.

Long story short it's like he's physically affectionate wit me but he doesn't show it with his words, n when I say anything he says I expect evrythng from him but give.him nothing and at the same time he's still in contact with the girl he used to date and I suspect is being quite expressive with her. But I don't actually know who he likes or who he really.wants.

When I'm not around and I get fed up he will suddenly be all like where we're you where did you go and imply that he missed me. An we always end up arguing hw a couple would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 05:00 AM

11,394 posts, read 24,436,628 times
Sounds like he's playing a little game with you, but he actually likes you. Stop asking for words from him and focus on actions. Stop asking entirely. Be more affectionate, but protect your heart just a little. Don't rush, don't push, just be.

It's a fine line to walk, but if he acts like he likes you, act like you like him back.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:08 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
If he has feelings for you they are not the kind you're hoping for.

Move on from this guy. He is stringing you along.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:25 AM

953 posts, read 842,309 times
There obviously is something between the two of you and his feelings are legitimate. The basic issue concerning you is that there is the mismatch in styles ... he is more physically demonstrative and affectionate and you are a woman who needs more verbal confirmation of that on a regular basis. What is problematic here is that after one year you claim that you "have no idea how he feels." That is not a healthy sign and what will not help any relationship is he when he states that you have a lot of making up to do because one year ago you were not in the best place to give him what he wanted.

Three points to remember:

1. You do not owe him anything nor do you have a lot of making up still to do. His needs are being fully satisfied ... he acts like you are required to work off a debt as the normal price to pay for being with him.

2. Maturity is lacking ... more on his end than yours.

3. He is not over the other woman ... always a potential red flag no matter he much he may downplay it.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
There obviously is something between the two of you and his feelings are legitimate. The basic issue concerning you is that there is the mismatch in styles ... he is more physically demonstrative and affectionate and you are a woman who needs more verbal confirmation of that on a regular basis. What is problematic here is that after one year you claim that you "have no idea how he feels." That is not a healthy sign and what will not help any relationship is he when he states that you have a lot of making up to do because one year ago you were not in the best place to give him what he wanted.

Three points to remember:

1. You do not owe him anything nor do you have a lot of making up still to do. His needs are being fully satisfied ... he acts like you are required to work off a debt as the normal price to pay for being with him.

2. Maturity is lacking ... more on his end than yours.

3. He is not over the other woman ... always a potential red flag no matter he much he may downplay it.
What I mean by he's not using words is how a guy shows the girl he actually likes her. Like how iv seen him be with the other girl.through messaging..I.e I miss you I love you etc..
With me it's more he teases me.and flirts a lot. so its different.

Last year he said to quote his.words " I will drop her for you". about the other girl he said he would stop messaging her and stop calling her if I gave him confirmation I wanted.to be with him. AS he never sees the other.girl it was lik.a long.distance thing for.them since she is in another.country. Unfortunately I wasnt there in terms of my mind Frame since I kept wanting.to find the other guy I was into.

HE always brings that up now he he did everything.for me and I let.him down n he says.thjngs like I had my chance.
BUT then at the same.time he wil still imply he could.see us getin married. THE other day we went to a home appliance.store and he said ye I could see us.with a kitchen lik this.and you cooking.fr us.

When I threaten to leave him and n continue.contact only then his emotions come out. he becomes.angry at me. If I don't say anything an i stop talkig to him for a few weeks. he will make coments like whiLe I was away enjoying myself there were people who wer there to find out what's going on in his life.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:29 PM

Also with meeting up he will always put everything else before that. like it's a last priority. n when I get annoyed.. just an ego thing he will act cocky. hl b lik alright calm down.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:30 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-LArv-sEQU

Old 05-24-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

LOL nice try. But i AINT even american

Old 05-24-2016, 05:38 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
OP: If you canno decipher if this guy likes/wants you and you know him in real life how do you seriously expect random strangers on a public forum to decipher if this guy likes/wants you.
It really is not ever as complicated as humans make it (whatever it is).
If you want to know something......................................... ............_------------------> ASK HIM.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:38 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy 87 View Post
LOL nice try. But i AINT even american
Sorry. It was just there. It was like swinging at a beach ball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships